Team Usa About To Lose

Reed

Reaction score
IT is 51-29 in the Usa vs Puerto Rico game. If we lose are we out of the olympics? This is just ridiculous this team is a shame to represent Usa. I am at a lost of words.....

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
Yeah they are getting hammered, it doesn't make any sense at all.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Reed said:
IT is 51-29 in the Usa vs Puerto Rico game. If we lose are we out of the olympics? This is just ridiculous this team is a shame to represent Usa. I am at a lost of words.....
It's just pool play right? Can't they still make the medal round? Not that they deserve it.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
The problem is, this isn't a team.

It's a collection of all-star talent, but not a team.

The best players don't always make the best team.

This squad has three times more talent than any other team in the world, but it doesn't translate because basketball is a team game.

Instead of putting all these young dunkers on the team, they should have added some role players, especially some 3-pointer shooters. People may laugh at guys like Steve Kerr, but a guy like him or a veteran shooter like Reggie Miller would do this team more good than a guy like Shawn Marion.

I'm not saying they're better than Marion. I'm saying you need some gutty veterans who know how to play their roles in a tournament like this.

jumanji

Reaction score
they have sucked for weeks. except for duncan and a few others, they are not team players...they are all ball hogs who don't know the fundamentals of the game. the foreign players pass the ball to the open player for the best shot...what a novel concept?

Woods

Reaction score
Their hearts haven't been in this since the beginning . . . .

We should just let the college kids play in the future. I think it means more to them.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
It's just pool play right? Can't they still make the medal round? Not that they deserve it.

Yes, they will still play the rest of the teams in their pool and can advance to the medal round ... they'll only wish they were eliminated because this is going to be a very humbling and humiliating defeat ... and Olympics. The team hasn't looked good at all from the beginning so this should come as no surprise.

Disgraceful.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
my comments from a post by Chief....I think the NBA is a hollywood league that we just think is good because they play each other...only a few rungs above the WWF in my opinion:

"As for the NBA, I think it's the joke league in sports...lots of great athletes, very few good teams. The NBA only looks great because they all play other sorry NBA "me" teams...very little defense, very little team...just guys running up and down the court jamming dunks and pouring in uncontested 3-pointers.

Everyone acts surprised when our Olympic teams stink it up, even though they've been doing it for a few years now. We send some of the elite athletes and scorers from the NBA over there, and today we're getting the hell beat out of us by.........Puerto Rico!!!! We're all aghast, shocked...it's because some of the players asked first turned it down...what a load of crap. Are you telling me that only the top 7-10 players in the NBA have any chance of beating Puerto Rico??? We're playing Tim Duncan, AI, LaBron, Carmello, and the scoring machine from Detroit, along with other all-stars.

No one wants to admit it, but I'm of the belief that very few of our NBA teams would do any better internationally if we sent them over there as a team. International basketball is a team game, requiring point guards, shooters, penetrators, rebounders, and most importantly, defense and patience. The NBA has become a more respected "Globe Trotters" team...Sometimes I think the And1 team would give these guys trouble. The USA is only home of the greatest basketball players in the world in their own minds.

There's no other explanation for the USA team playing poorly year after year in the World Championships and every 4 years in the Olympics....Yeah, Shaq and Kobe decided not to play, but holy crap, look at the players who are still on the USA team...Do they have any excuse for not dominating the Olympics on the hardcourt? Their only excuse is that they are seeing better basketball teams."

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
For a basketball purist, it's fun to watch the foreign players ... whether it be in the Olympics or in the NBA.

The American coaches that teach overseas have willing pupils ... guys who will listen and don't already think they know everything.

The U.S.A has gotten so far away from its basketball roots that it's now re-learning the game from foreigners. Amazing.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Excellent post by Chief.

I agree wholeheartedly.....

And I hate the "Dream Team" crap.....

There was only one "Dream Team"....the 1992 team. This, IMO, was the greatest basketball team ever assembled. And the played as a "team".

The quality of basketball play has been on the decline in the NBA for a long time. The conspiracy theorist in me says that all the players skipping, or leaving college early has something to do with it. There's no "team" play learned.

jimmy40

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
my comments from a post by Chief....I think the NBA is a hollywood league that we just think is good because they play each other...only a few rungs above the WWF in my opinion:

"As for the NBA, I think it's the joke league in sports...lots of great athletes, very few good teams. The NBA only looks great because they all play other sorry NBA "me" teams...very little defense, very little team...just guys running up and down the court jamming dunks and pouring in uncontested 3-pointers.

Everyone acts surprised when our Olympic teams stink it up, even though they've been doing it for a few years now. We send some of the elite athletes and scorers from the NBA over there, and today we're getting the hell beat out of us by.........Puerto Rico!!!! We're all aghast, shocked...it's because some of the players asked first turned it down...what a load of crap. Are you telling me that only the top 7-10 players in the NBA have any chance of beating Puerto Rico??? We're playing Tim Duncan, AI, LaBron, Carmello, and the scoring machine from Detroit, along with other all-stars.

No one wants to admit it, but I'm of the belief that very few of our NBA teams would do any better internationally if we sent them over there as a team. International basketball is a team game, requiring point guards, shooters, penetrators, rebounders, and most importantly, defense and patience. The NBA has become a more respected "Globe Trotters" team...Sometimes I think the And1 team would give these guys trouble. The USA is only home of the greatest basketball players in the world in their own minds.

There's no other explanation for the USA team playing poorly year after year in the World Championships and every 4 years in the Olympics....Yeah, Shaq and Kobe decided not to play, but holy crap, look at the players who are still on the USA team...Do they have any excuse for not dominating the Olympics on the hardcourt? Their only excuse is that they are seeing better basketball teams."
If you want team ball back in the NBA bring back the traveling call. If you can take three or four steps without traveling why pass?

Reed

Reaction score
****ing Pathetic, This Is Ridiculous. This Is All David Sterns Fault. He Has Ruined The Nba And American Basketball. Lets Let 10 Year Olds Play In The Nba Next Year How About That. Uneducated Morons.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chief said:
Isn't Santiago a former Lobo?

Santiago was born in NM but his parents are from Puerto Rico. Hey played at UNM but he also played HS ball here in Albuquerque. Del Norte I think.

I hate seeing us get smoked like this but nice to see a home town kid like Danny Santiago do well.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Arroyo plays for the Jazz and Santiago is a benchwarmer for the Bucks