Team vs All-Star

Sully

Reaction score
So now the blinded Cowboys fans again, have "hope" after beating the G-Men.
But the lose saw Lawrence/Parsons both go down and will miss weeks.

Now what? So is going to "step up" in their place? What undrafted / free agent scrap heap player is going to fill their shoes?

When you pay players, record deals because "they deserve it" when the T-E-A-M has not even seen a NFC Conference game in 28 years only hurts the team

What had the Cowboys the "Team of the 90s" was Jimmy Johnson realizing that when took over, the TEAM didn't have the talent so Jimmy/Jerry
traded away their BEST player-- Herschel Walker --- for many draft picks back to BUILD the team.

Eventually, players ( even all-pros) go down and then next player is due up. When you loaded up on one player and have nothing behind him, you really don't
have a team but few individuals, making soaking up salary cap and left with undrafted players behind them.

Have no problem with players getting BIG contracts ONLY IF the team succeeds. Until then, I am trading away my better players to keep loading up on draft picks
to create an entire team not undraftee or "has beens" to fill out your roster. Build a team, not a marketing dept for jerseys sells.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Now what? So is going to "step up" in their place? What undrafted / free agent scrap heap player is going to fill their shoes?

When you pay players, record deals because "they deserve it" when the T-E-A-M has not even seen a NFC Conference game in 28 years only hurts the team

What had the Cowboys the "Team of the 90s" was Jimmy Johnson realizing that when took over, the TEAM didn't have the talent so Jimmy/Jerry
traded away their BEST player-- Herschel Walker --- for many draft picks back to BUILD the team.

Eventually, players ( even all-pros) go down and then next player is due up. When you loaded up on one player and have nothing behind him, you really don't
have a team but few individuals, making soaking up salary cap and left with undrafted players behind them.

Have no problem with players getting BIG contracts ONLY IF the team succeeds. Until then, I am trading away my better players to keep loading up on draft picks
to create an entire team not undraftee or "has beens" to fill out your roster. Build a team, not a marketing dept for jerseys sells.
Unfortunately for Cowboy Nation JJ doesn't have the vision that Jimmy Johnson had when HE and HE alone made deals that built the Cowboys into a championship football team. You're forgetting why Jimmy Johnson left the Cowboys, he had enough of JJ's jealous tendencies.............

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Then you’d have 100m$ in cap space you were unwilling to spend every year and chopping the top talent off your team. Tyler Smith the next to get traded, then Jake Ferguson?

You’d just perpetually suck. Every team that jumped from bad to great had a foundation of well compensated talent before the boon came

Sully

Reaction score
Unfortunately for Cowboy Nation JJ doesn't have the vision that Jimmy Johnson had when HE and HE alone made deals that built the Cowboys into a championship football team. You're forgetting why Jimmy Johnson left the Cowboys, he had enough of JJ's jealous tendencies.............
Ahhhh but I am not forgetting why Jimmy left. Being a Dallas fan since '77 and experiencing the Cowboys making playoffs, conference finals and even Superbowls with some frequency, to see what this franchise has become for close to three decades is laughable. And why I have been saying, I do not buy
the FOOLS GOLD being sold to Cowboys fans. I still will watch my Cowboys but with not expectations other than laughter and no expectations. We all know how each season will end and until the person buying the groceries gets tired of what Cowboys fans are already experiencing, (which will not happen because football is a business and money is far, FAR more important than WINS), expect more and more pyrite.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

What a disappointing post….

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

They’ve got $24 mill in cap space. You have no clue what you’re talking about. Just spewing hate and lies and hoping it sticks.

It didn’t.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Good front offices can have all stars and build a good team around them.

Poor FO’s don’t.

Guess which one the cowboys are.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
They’ve got $24 mill in cap space. You have no clue what you’re talking about. Just spewing hate and lies and hoping it sticks.

It didn’t.
The problem is he could have had this, if not more space if JJ did his deals when every other team did. He screws around with contracts year after year, and all he's done is piPgeon this franchise for eternity. Do you really think he will use this space wisely? He lost his 2 best DE's last week and here we are, not a pulse of improving this team. Mark my words the Iggles will do something about their debacle today, this my friend is why Cowboys fans hate

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And if you really think we are here to entertain you or seek your approval, then call Jerry Jones for GM advice
You haters are highly entertaining are you kidding me? This “poor me” thread is pure entertainment.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The problem is he could have had this, if not more space if JJ did his deals when every other team did. He screws around with contracts year after year, and all he's done is piPgeon this franchise for eternity. Do you really think he will use this space wisely? He lost his 2 best DE's last week and here we are, not a pulse of improving this team. Mark my words the Iggles will do something about their debacle today, this my friend is why Cowboys fans hate
I totally agree. He royally messed up not signing them earlier. My point is Dak’s contract is not what’s preventing them from signing players. Not now, nor ever.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I totally agree. He royally messed up not signing them earlier. My point is Dak’s contract is not what’s preventing them from signing players. Not now, nor ever.
Here is the fact, it is the problem. The Cowboys are not and have never been a franchise that knows how to build, and by paying your QB as we have it makes it darn near impossible building around him. The Chiefs paid Patty and on paper have not had a Super Bowl team the last two years, but somehow managed to win. You can go through the list of teams who paid their QB's, it ties their hands for years. The Bungles paid, and have Higgins and Chase who they will struggle to keep on their team, and sacrificed other positions of need to keep them thus far. The Bills have Josh, and please name 5 other guys, they had to let big name guys and contracts expire but with the genius of a draft remain contenders. The list goes on and on, and on and on and on, and on. The 9ers are now old, have given in to their WR;s, and have to sign their QB. That is a franchise that is incapable.....