Team vs All-Star

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here is the fact, it is the problem. The Cowboys are not and have never been a franchise that knows how to build, and by paying your QB as we have it makes it darn near impossible building around him. The Chiefs paid Patty and on paper have not had a Super Bowl team the last two years, but somehow managed to win. You can go through the list of teams who paid their QB's, it ties their hands for years. The Bungles paid, and have Higgins and Chase who they will struggle to keep on their team, and sacrificed other positions of need to keep them thus far. The Bills have Josh, and please name 5 other guys, they had to let big name guys and contracts expire but with the genius of a draft remain contenders. The list goes on and on, and on and on and on, and on. The 9ers are now old, have given in to their WR;s, and have to sign their QB. That is a franchise that is incapable.....
Yet they have $24 mill in cap space this year and more next year, probably much more. So why exactly can’t they sign free agents?

Reactions: CWR

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
You have to ask?

1. The owners are cheap, and could care less about anything but $$$
2. Because of 1, players don't want to play here
3. Other teams have much more cap space then we have/will have
4. They're already all in
5. We like our guys
6. We're poor
7. We have other FA contracts to sign that are currently on the team
8. We will have to pay our kicker soon
9. Price of Yacht fuel is going up
10. We have a lame duck HC
11. Our owner is the face of the franchise, and it makes me and others puke seeing the sight of him daily
12. Production on the Netflix I am Jerry kiss my butt hasn't paid him out yet
13. The Daniel Snyder effect....plenty of skeletons that have yet to surface
14. Many other reason you and I may never find out about

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You have to ask?

1. The owners are cheap, and could care less about anything but $$$
2. Because of 1, players don't want to play here
3. Other teams have much more cap space then we have/will have
4. They're already all in
5. We like our guys
6. We're poor
7. We have other FA contracts to sign that are currently on the team
8. We will have to pay our kicker soon
9. Price of Yacht fuel is going up
10. We have a lame duck HC
11. Our owner is the face of the franchise, and it makes me and others puke seeing the sight of him daily
12. Production on the Netflix I am Jerry kiss my butt hasn't paid him out yet
13. The Daniel Snyder effect....plenty of skeletons that have yet to surface
14. Many other reason you and I may never find out about
As for #3 as I’ve mentioned to you before the Cowboys have $24 million in cap space as we sit. Much, much more next year.

Brax

Reaction score
As for #3 as I’ve mentioned to you before the Cowboys have $24 million in cap space as we sit. Much, much more next year.
You really are dense, that 24 million is needed next year for yet another big contract along with restructuring Daks 95 million hit, keep quiet if you don’t know what you are talking about. Haven’t you figured out how Jerry works yet, take your meds you’re embarrassing yourself

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
So now the blinded Cowboys fans again, have "hope" after beating the G-Men.
But the lose saw Lawrence/Parsons both go down and will miss weeks.

Now what? So is going to "step up" in their place? What undrafted / free agent scrap heap player is going to fill their shoes?

When you pay players, record deals because "they deserve it" when the T-E-A-M has not even seen a NFC Conference game in 28 years only hurts the team

What had the Cowboys the "Team of the 90s" was Jimmy Johnson realizing that when took over, the TEAM didn't have the talent so Jimmy/Jerry
traded away their BEST player-- Herschel Walker --- for many draft picks back to BUILD the team.

Eventually, players ( even all-pros) go down and then next player is due up. When you loaded up on one player and have nothing behind him, you really don't
have a team but few individuals, making soaking up salary cap and left with undrafted players behind them.

Have no problem with players getting BIG contracts ONLY IF the team succeeds. Until then, I am trading away my better players to keep loading up on draft picks
to create an entire team not undraftee or "has beens" to fill out your roster. Build a team, not a marketing dept for jerseys sells.
Hind site is always 20/20!!!! Everybody was really p...ode when JJ fired Landry. The stars and the planets all lined up and what they did worked. If had not, we would still be blaming JJ or the other JJ for firing the hat. Just saying that not every plan works out.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You really are dense, that 24 million is needed next year for yet another big contract along with restructuring Daks 95 million hit, keep quiet if you don’t know what you are talking about. Haven’t you figured out how Jerry works yet, take your meds you’re embarrassing yourself
No you’re the dense one. Look at how much they’ll have in cap space next year McFly. Hello, McFly?

Reactions: CWR

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Now what? So is going to "step up" in their place? What undrafted / free agent scrap heap player is going to fill their shoes?

When you pay players, record deals because "they deserve it" when the T-E-A-M has not even seen a NFC Conference game in 28 years only hurts the team

What had the Cowboys the "Team of the 90s" was Jimmy Johnson realizing that when took over, the TEAM didn't have the talent so Jimmy/Jerry
traded away their BEST player-- Herschel Walker --- for many draft picks back to BUILD the team.

Eventually, players ( even all-pros) go down and then next player is due up. When you loaded up on one player and have nothing behind him, you really don't
have a team but few individuals, making soaking up salary cap and left with undrafted players behind them.

Have no problem with players getting BIG contracts ONLY IF the team succeeds. Until then, I am trading away my better players to keep loading up on draft picks
to create an entire team not undraftee or "has beens" to fill out your roster. Build a team, not a marketing dept for jerseys sells.
You call out blinded fans, while wearing your hate blinders! What a joke.

CWR

Reaction score

For the millionth time we could've still signed FAs. Jerry chose not to. That's their ridiculous model.

Brax

Reaction score
No you’re the dense one. Look at how much they’ll have in cap space next year McFly. Hello,
There’s only 39 players contracted for next year if you could read, what do you think the additional players will play for free, if you only had a brain you’d be dangerous lmao,

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There’s only 39 players contracted for next year if you could read, what do you think the additional players will play for free, if you only had a brain you’d be dangerous lmao,
You’re a little too slow for me. Have a good evening.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here ya go McFly since you‘re so clueless.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2024/09/18/cowboys-salary-cap-current-state-2024-2025/#

Prescott’s deal calls for a 2025 base salary of $47.75 million. He’ll get that cash, but there’s an obvious reason why his four-year extension included another four void years that run through 2032. The Cowboys are going to pull the restructure lever and kick the majority of his base salary down the road in five-year installments.

To keep the accounting neat, we’ll assume they drop his base salary down to $2.75 million for 2025, and turn $45 million into a restructure bonus. That’s allocated across each year, from 2025 through 2029, at $9 million per.

Now his 2025 cap hit plummets from $89.9 million to $63.9 million, shaving $36 million in space.

Lamb’s deal is similar. Pare his $26.85 million base salary down to $1.85 million and spread that $25 million across five years, shaving $20 million off the 2025 cap.

Together that’s another $56 million in space along with the $29 million they already have.

Dallas now has $85 million worth of space to work with.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You gotta give some of these guys credit...they hate our FO, players, owner etc...makes them sick, but they're still here.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Ahhhh but I am not forgetting why Jimmy left. Being a Dallas fan since '77 and experiencing the Cowboys making playoffs, conference finals and even Superbowls with some frequency, to see what this franchise has become for close to three decades is laughable. And why I have been saying, I do not buy
the FOOLS GOLD being sold to Cowboys fans. I still will watch my Cowboys but with not expectations other than laughter and no expectations. We all know how each season will end and until the person buying the groceries gets tired of what Cowboys fans are already experiencing, (which will not happen because football is a business and money is far, FAR more important than WINS), expect more and more pyrite.
Jimmy was the real deal who rule with an iron fist. He didn't take crap off anybody and if a player stepped out of line you can bet the house jimmy knew about and dealt with it behind closed doors. The only thing we were seeing was a well-oiled machine that competed year in and year out with ANYBODY in the league. The Cowboys Jimmy coached were the BIG DOGS who loved to pick fights and finish them. Today's Cowboys are light weights who run as fast as they can from opponents who b@#$h slap them and take just about everything they own, there is no fight in this bunch of Cowboys that JJ often reminds all of us, he's responsible for drafting and signing..............

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
And 24 won't buy you much now, or next year....and as you know, our owner could have 240, he still won't spend it

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And 24 won't buy you much now, or next year....and as you know, our owner could have 240, he still won't spend it
I totally understand Jerry doesn’t spend it. Again, and for the last time, my point is that Dak’s contract DOES NOT negate them the ability to sign whomever they want during FA.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beating the Giants doesn't mean a thing. The only thing that mattered was they didn't lose. Beating teams that continuously draft in the top 5 isn't an accomplishment. All the Cowboys proved is than can barely skate by one the worst teams in the league. There was no "hope" achieved or gained.

plasticman

Reaction score
All-Pros and Pro Bowlers don't win championships. Teams do.

Awards are chosen before the post-season so no Cowboys defensive player made the Pro Bowl in 1992, the year they won their first Super Bowl under Jimmy Johnson.

That defense was ranked #1but there was little name recognition. Even Charles Haley didn't make the Pro-Bowl. He came in 13th for DPOY.

However, after winning the Super Bowl that year, the defense was recognized.....as a formidable squad.

My point is, All Pros and Pro Bowlers are created in moments like these. I'm sure most Patriot fans were devastated when Bledsoe went down. When Cowboys RB Calvin Hill, ROY the previous season, went down in 1970, it opened up an opportunity for a guy named Duane Thomas.

Other players will get opportunities and that makes the team stronger in the long run and with only four games played, there is still a lot of long run left.

The Cowboys are a very young team in some key positions. They have a lot of growing to do and dealing with adversity is a key element of that growth.

Getting back to the Super Bowl has been a long journey. However, when they do reach that point, how meaningful is it if we don't respect the journey?

Let's find out what this team has in terms of character, win or lose.