Teams are trying to convince themselves qb is good enough

Wapp5200

Reaction score
This is great. Collin hit it on the head. He says that half the teams in the league are trying to convince themselves that their QB is good enough. The bears...... yep. Remember the chiefs with Smith? The would say he is good enough... and as Colin said... no he isnt.

And here we are trying to convince ourselves Dak is good enough. Did you watch Mahomes? Sad part is what else do you do?
Problem is who do we try and get. He's far from great. Middle of the road at best.

Proof

Reaction score
The goalposts haven't moved an inch. I've said from the very beginning that proclaiming Mchomes one of the best all time is way way way to soon and I haven't budged on that nor will I budge on that at this time. MAYBE in another 6, 7 or 8 years form now I may but not after just TWO seasons. You are the one that said there are all these sports personalities that agree with your opinion and you gave one so I said if your opinion was so wide spread believed then every sports person would be saying it every day. Because one does that does not make it any less foolish and premature.

you don’t know your own words apparently. I said people In this thread agree, to counter your silly “the rest of us” nonsense. You then came back and said “well I’ve NEVER seen ANY former player, coach etc etc say that”. So I provided you an example of a respected analyst and hof qb to open your eyes a bit. There are more, easy to find with a simple google search, it’s just pointless for me to provide when I don’t care all that much, and you’ll disregard it anyway. My point isn’t to change your opinion just to show that others feel differently. You are moving the goalposts by saying never seen, then “well why isn’t everyone saying it all the time???” You don’t know how to debate, and create strawmen when confronted with supporting evidence. No biggie.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
you don’t know your own words apparently. I said people In this thread agree, to counter your silly “the rest of us” nonsense. You then came back and said “well I’ve NEVER seen ANY former player, coach etc etc say that”. So I provided you an example of a respected analyst and hof qb to open your eyes a bit. There are more, easy to find with a simple google search, it’s just pointless for me to provide when I don’t care all that much, and you’ll disregard it anyway. My point isn’t to change your opinion just to show that others feel differently. You are moving the goalposts by saying never seen, then “well why isn’t everyone saying it all the time???” You don’t know how to debate, and create strawmen when confronted with supporting evidence. No biggie.

So lets see you did come up with a former QB that agrees with you and you also said it's an easy google search to find these and my reply was if your opinion was so widely accepted then why don't we hear this every day from every sports personality and then your reply is "moving goalposts" but not answering why every sports personality isn't expressing your opinion. I see you can not answer questions but it's me who doesn't know how to debate. The goalposts remain in concrete that proclaiming Mchiomes one of the best all time is way way way to early. Give it 6, 7 or 8 mores years and then we can have another one sided debate where you don't answer questions.

Proof

Reaction score
So lets see you did come up with a former QB that agrees with you and you also said it's an easy google search to find these and my reply was if your opinion was so widely accepted then why don't we hear this every day from every sports personality and then your reply is "moving goalposts" but not answering why every sports personality isn't expressing your opinion. I see you can not answer questions but it's me who doesn't know how to debate. The goalposts remain in concrete that proclaiming Mchiomes one of the best all time is way way way to early. Give it 6, 7 or 8 mores years and then we can have another one sided debate where you don't answer questions.

you're a genuine peach, my friend. again you're not very good at debating, or maybe it's just communicating in general? In any event "easy to find" does not mean "widely accepted". Critical thinking does not appear to be one of your strong suits. It is not widely accepted, nor did I ever say it was widely accepted, or accepted at all. Just that some people, including former players, analysts, coaches etc have given the same opinion on record. Some. Not all, not most, just some. And by googling you can find these some people saying it. As far as not answering your question, I did, directly and by quoting you and responding to the quote, completely. There is no other way to view what I did than as answering questions. Even though the premise of the question was dumb, and underscored your lack of comprehension, I humored you, and answered you. You are a buffoon, and you may have difficulty easily finding these things via google if you are searching for Mchiomes.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
you're a genuine peach, my friend. again you're not very good at debating, or maybe it's just communicating in general? In any event "easy to find" does not mean "widely accepted". Critical thinking does not appear to be one of your strong suits. It is not widely accepted, nor did I ever say it was widely accepted, or accepted at all. Just that some people, including former players, analysts, coaches etc have given the same opinion on record. Some. Not all, not most, just some. And by googling you can find these some people saying it. As far as not answering your question, I did, directly and by quoting you and responding to the quote, completely. There is no other way to view what I did than as answering questions. Even though the premise of the question was dumb, and underscored your lack of comprehension, I humored you, and answered you. You are a buffoon, and you may have difficulty easily finding these things via google if you are searching for Mchiomes.

Your babbling is sickening and if you can't or won't be more exact of all these sports personalities that have gone on the record as agree with your opinion don't bother replying I won't answer and continue playing your silly game of why don't see it's so dumb to proclaim a player with 2 seasons as one of the all time best. Good luck with all your dreams.

Proof

Reaction score
Your babbling is sickening and if you can't or won't be more exact of all these sports personalities that have gone on the record as agree with your opinion don't bother replying I won't answer and continue playing your silly game of why don't see it's so dumb to proclaim a player with 2 seasons as one of the all time best. Good luck with all your dreams.

Sounds good my guy. I have already said I won't, so there you go. There's no game being played though, just me saying I think one thing, and understand why you don't, and why it's early. Just provided my reasons why I'm ok being early, and that there are other people who don't mind being early either. I told you I don't want to change your opinion, or necessarily disagree with your reasoning, I just have my own. So yes, we can end it here. :thumbup:

KB1122

Reaction score
I once looked at it. How many quarterback are really worth having each decade or so? The answer is usually about 6. 6 or 7. There are other guys who are near great, the Bert Joneses or the Boomer Esiasons, or the Phil Riverses. But it's really pretty consistent.

So we're at the start of the decade. And you need to ask yourself if you think Prescott is one of those guys. Mahomes is probably one of those guys. There's usually one leftover from the last decade, WIlson. One of them, maybe two, probably isn't even in the league yet. SO it's 3-4 of current quarterbacks. SO is Dak going to beat out Goff, Wentz, Garrapolo, Watson, Jackson, Carr, Murray, Darnold, Mayfield, Allen, etc.? That's the standard.