Buffalo
NY Jets
Indianapolis
Houston
Tennessee
LA Chargers
Denver
Carolina

He's been here only 4 years, and he's beaten 22 teams already.
We loss to N.E. , Buffalo and Jets last year.

We loss to Houston, Tennessee, and Indianapolis in 2018.

We need to start owning the AFC. Cause right now they own us.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I want a QB who can beat the Jets.

It's not a big dream.
Since 2011 Dallas has played the Jets 3 times and is 0-3 against them.

Romo lost
Moore lost
Dak lost

What do all 3 of these have in common........ Garrett was the HC. While I agree there is no excuse for losing to the Jets, I tend to think the trend shows a Garrett issue

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We loss to N.E. , Buffalo and Jets last year.

We loss to Houston, Tennessee, and Indianapolis in 2018.

We need to start owning the AFC. Cause right now they own us.
AFC games in the regular season are the most trivial to the Cowboys. Beat the NFCE and the rest of the NFC and the AFC games will never matter until we get to the super bowl.

morat1959

Reaction score
I truly believe if Dak retired today he’d be a first ballot HOFer.

Proof

Reaction score
So it's okay to give Dak all the credit for 'beating teams' if you support giving him a big new deal but if you point out that he was 1-6 against playoff teams last season then you are a hater because it's a team game and you can't blame Dak for losses due to the defense, coaching staff, WR drops, o-line issues, Zeke, etc.? Yeah, that is some interesting logic going on.

PS

If 'Dak' had beaten either NE, the Jets, or Buffalo last year Dallas would have made the playoffs but alas 'Dak' didn't beat those teams and Dallas missed the playoffs.

Oh, and if you want to examine stats closer then take into account that Dak has a 40-24 career record as the starting QB of the Cowboys but if you take out his rookie season of 13-3, Dak's record the last 3 seasons is 27-21......and of that record Dak has a record against the Commanders & Giants in the last 3 seasons of 11-1...against 2 teams that clearly have been crap the last 3 seasons.

Therefore, outside of the Commanders & Giants the last 3 seasons, Dak has a record of 16-20.....yeah, give Dak a huge contract based on that record. LOL

Wow. I never thought of it that way, thanks for pointing it out. Now that I think of it, if you take out those 16 wins also, he’s lost every other game!

the guys a real bum when you exclude all the good, why aren’t more people talking about this?

Reaction score
Eventually the excuses for over paying Dak will run out, at least I hope so. Whats next, Dak deserves 55 mil a year because he uses a certain shampoo?
Question for you: you were as anti-Garrett as I was when he was around. And I'm sure you are just as happy as I am now that he's gone.

Don't you think some of Dak's inconsistencies are at least in part because of poor coaching? There are all these Dak vs. Wentz comparisons, but Wentz has Greg Peterson and had Frank Reich. And Dak was stuck with "you know who".

I think that matters. And I think McCarthy is a far superior coach to Garrett. And his work with Favre and Rodgers will serve Dak well. I see better play from Dak simply because McCarthy will be in his ear instead of Garrett.

I see the inconsistent play and periodic inaccuracy from Dak that everyone else sees. But he's not the useless, talentless scrub many claim him to be. There are dozens of advanced stats that prove this. And I don't count team wins among them. That's a team stat, not a QB stat.

I think Dak will be better because he has better coaching. I simply don't buy that he's completely worthless. His play does not support that view.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
New England
Buffalo
NY Jets
Indianapolis
Houston
Tennessee
LA Chargers
Denver
Carolina

He's been here only 4 years, and he's beaten 22 teams already. :clap:And every team in the NFC except Carolina. Unfortunately, unless he wins the Super Bowl this year, he'll have to wait to knock out even just 1 of the first 8 this year and none of those are on the schedule, but it's quite impressive what he's done in just 4 years beaten 2/3 of the teams in the NFL already.
you stand corrected. Dak has never beaten any teams, its because of who he was surrounded by...these 8 teams we have never beat, is directly because of Dak and his short comings, lack of leadership, etc....

Reaction score
So gets the credit for beating 22 NFL teams but no liabilities for the average W-L records the past 3 years.
You Dak-Zoids have a real balanced sense of Dak-reality....LOL...:muttley:
Teams records are team stats, not QB stats. I don't give Dak credit for these.

By the way, going 1-6 against winning teams is also a team stat. Not a QB stat. Be consistent.

But there are dozens and dozens of advanced QB stats that prove beyond all doubt that he not the useless, know nothing, do nothing you claim he is. Anyone who knows anything about football should be able to accept these stats, while still acknowledging he still needs to work to get better.

But just sticking your head in the sand and ignoring those stats is simply willful ignorance.

BatteryPowered

Reaction score
New England
Buffalo
NY Jets
Indianapolis
Houston
Tennessee
LA Chargers
Denver
Carolina

He's been here only 4 years, and he's beaten 22 teams already. :clap:And every team in the NFC except Carolina. Unfortunately, unless he wins the Super Bowl this year, he'll have to wait to knock out even just 1 of the first 8 this year and none of those are on the schedule, but it's quite impressive what he's done in just 4 years beaten 2/3 of the teams in the NFL already.

You left off Dallas. Or are you saying he has played so poorly in a game that he was the sole reason for the loss?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No no, remember, when we win it's despite Dak. When we lose it's because of Dak.

LOL...you are joking right? You have GOT to be joking or drunk.

Here's this guy trying to convince us loses are Romo's fault.....while in other threads Dak's loses are "team stats"

4th quarter comeback all between the months of September and November is hardly something to be proud of.

From 2013, but still relevant as it covers most of Romos career.

"Romo has won 65 percent of his career starts that are played prior to the month of December. So what happens to him when the game and season are on the line and the other team is the one making a push?"

"Some of Romo’s negatives are well-documented. He has a record of 12-18 in games played during December and January. He is 0-3 in regular season finale games in which a win would put the Cowboys into the playoffs and a loss would send them home until the following season. On top of all that, he is 1-3 during the playoffs. That is one playoff victory in eight seasons while leading a franchise that previously had become synonymous with post-season success."

http://www.numericsports.com/2013/12/17/its-time-to-stop-apologizing-for-tony-romo/

Beaker42

Reaction score
New England
Buffalo
NY Jets
Indianapolis
Houston
Tennessee
LA Chargers
Denver
Carolina

Should’ve been another 3 or 4 of those teams but we played really crappy against AFC teams.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I support Prescott but we have to stop using wins and losses to support a narrative. It's a team statistic and not an individual player.

I don't think its is THAT black and white. I believe we could point to a game and say "well....that QB put the teams on his back and won that game". If you make me I'll look up a couple Rodgers games....but surely you could agree...that SOMETIMES.... aplayer can bear more...or less...responsibility than the whole entire team.

I get it...it's difficult to pinpoint one turning point or one event. But I think if it's possible (it is).....then QB is the most likely....with his great responsibility to handle the ball and make the calls and have command over what's done.

An awesome defensive interception could very well be a one player difference between a win or loss.

I'm not gonna play coy about it just because our Qb might need some defending against the haters. A single player CAN be the difference between a win and loss, even when there are some complicated mechanics involved.