Tech pastes Rose Bowl wannabe Cal

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Texas Tech was awesome through the air in dominating a supposedly elite Cal.

Just another in the long line of Pac 10 patsies rocked come bowl season.

Adell Duckett looked very good at DE(making this somewhat Cowboys related) and should be around in round 3.

Taurean Henderson looks very good as the quick scat back type with great hands. He's a junior so should return to Lubbock but he's got NFL ability. He's very like to hit 60 total TDs next season. Unreal.

Cal's QB looked extremely overrated. A decent enough athlete but inaccurate at times. He certianly didn't look like Eli Manning did in college.

The Cal RB has serious speed but I think he might outrun soem yards and needs to be more patient. If he can reign that in a it he could be a similar back to Julius Jones. Very good speed.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Just another one for the:

Big+12.jpg

I really have no love for Texas Tech but I love watching one of these overrated teams in the other conferences that claim they they deserve higher rankings getting walloped by Big XII teams. Makes my Aggies look better now. The Big XII is a tough conference to play in.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
jterrell said:
The Cal RB has serious speed but I think he might outrun soem yards and needs to be more patient. If he can reign that in a it he could be a similar back to Julius Jones. Very good speed.

I was paying attention to him too because I thought he could be an underrated running back in the draft that someone could get at a bargain round. Not sure how I feel about him yet.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Okie State lost to the Buckeyes, they, like Oklahoma always has a huge number of Texans on the roster. That one guy for Ohio State, forgot his name, but he is going to be a good player...

- Mike G.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
nice end to the season for QB sonny cumbie. Tech just throws and throws. cumbie might make decent pro. he has good size at 6'4" and about 220 lbs.

jay cee

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Unfortunately, Okie State lost to the Buckeyes, they, like Oklahoma always has a huge number of Texans on the roster. That one guy for Ohio State, forgot his name, but he is going to be a good player...

- Mike G.
I think you're talking about the skinny kid named Ginn or something. I think he is only a freshman, but he is supposed to be really special. I have only seen highlights of his plays (mostly returns) this season, so I hope I can catch him next year.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
jay cee said:
I think you're talking about the skinny kid named Ginn or something. I think he is only a freshman, but he is supposed to be really special. I have only seen highlights of his plays (mostly returns) this season, so I hope I can catch him next year.

Ted Ginn Jr.

He's only a true freshman. He was recruited as one of the top cornerbacks in the nation.

They switched him to wideout because Ohio St. needed a boost in offense and he sure has given it to them. He's going to be something very special. :)

joseephuss

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Ted Ginn Jr.

He's only a true freshman. He was recruited as one of the top cornerbacks in the nation.

They switched him to wideout because Ohio St. needed a boost in offense and he sure has given it to them. He's going to be something very special. :)

I think they plan on letting him go back to corner back in the future and maybe playing both ways. He is a big threat in their return game. They have only touched the surface on how special he can be. They got themselves a player. I just wonder how much money he got paid. :p

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
JJ Arrington has a nice combination of size and speed, but he's too much of a straight line runner for my taste. Not saying I wouldn't draft him if he was a good value in Day 2, but I wouldn't use a 1st Day pick on him.

Daniel Loper is the player to watch for Tech in the draft. He manhandled Riddle with very little problem. I could really see him being a Day 1 pick.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I think they plan on letting him go back to corner back in the future and maybe playing both ways. He is a big threat in their return game. They have only touched the surface on how special he can be. They got themselves a player. I just wonder how much money he got paid. :p

They should play him both ways, don't waste his Defensive talent!

As far as the money goes......I don't know how much :money: he got but...Damn it keep it QUIET this time!!! :banghead: :D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
JJ Arrington has a nice combination of size and speed, but he's too much of a straight line runner for my taste. Not saying I wouldn't draft him if he was a good value in Day 2, but I wouldn't use a 1st Day pick on him.

Daniel Loper is the player to watch for Tech in the draft. He manhandled Riddle with very little problem. I could really see him being a Day 1 pick.
Loper has been starting since he was a freshman. The only issue is does Tech run enough to justify drafting their OL? I know he can pass block but Tech has huge line splits and that might scare off pro scouts on OL prospects.

Then again last night they lined up shoulder to shoulder on a few series and he still owned the guy.

Cal wasn't excited to be there and thta hurt them but they were also obviously overrated. After Cal and USC the Pac 10 was pretty crappy this year.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
JT, I just knew that was going to be you posting about Tech.
Congrats & have a great New year Man!
Thanks and you too TNT.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Loper has been starting since he was a freshman. The only issue is does Tech run enough to justify drafting their OL? I know he can pass block but Tech has huge line splits and that might scare off pro scouts on OL prospects.

John Tait was a top 10 pick playing in the spread. If you got that blend of size and athleticism as a left tackle, that mainly what teams look for. I've heard that Loper threw a baseball 95 mph in high school and was an athletic TE when Tech recruited him.

Reaction score
jterrell said:
Texas Tech was awesome through the air in dominating a supposedly elite Cal.

No offense, but WHY, when there's a "College Zone," is this posted here?

Seems like you as a mod would abide by the posting guidelines y'all so hastily impose on the rest of us?

31WillHammerU

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:

Seems like you as a mod would abide by the posting guidelines y'all so hastily impose on the rest of us?

Goes without saying why you would have an issue here. :fight:

calico

Reaction score
Poor Cal.

They just got exposed.

Texas needs to show up tomorrow and shut the nation up.

Reaction score
calico said:
Poor Cal.

They just got exposed.

Texas needs to show up tomorrow and shut the nation up.

If Mich continues to run a man-2-man defensive package w/ their secondary, as their coaching staff says they will, the UT running combo of Benson and Young will have a hayday!!

HOOK 'EM!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:

Did you not see all the recruits I broke down that relate to Cowboy needs?

Ok so its probably best suited in the college zone, shoot me.