Tedy Bruschi Has Heart Surgery.......

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Its being reported he had to have a hole in his heart repaired.....His career appears to be over according to dan Patrick

Pats' Bruschi reportedly to have heart surgery

1 hour, 27 minutes ago

Add to My Yahoo! Sports - AFP

TUCSON, United States (AFP) - Tedy Bruschi, a linebacker with the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots (news), is reportedly to have surgery to repair a hole in his heart.

Photo
AFP/File Photo

Reuters Photo Photo
Reuters Photo
Slideshow Slideshow: Super Bowl Winner Bruschi Suffers Mild Stroke

The Patriots would neither confirm or deny the report from KOLD Television of Tucson.

Bruschi, 31, suffered a mild stroke on February 16. He was hospitalized after complaining of headaches, blurred vision and some temporary numbness on his right side.

The Boston Globe reported that Bruschi was found to have a leaking blood vessel in his brain, which is one type of stroke.

A key member of a defense that has helped the Patriots win three of the last four Super Bowls, Bruschi last played in the Pro Bowl on February 13.

Bruschi had an interception in the Patriots' 24-21 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles (news) in Super Bowl 39 on February 6. He also had two fumble recoveries in a 20-3 victory over the Indianapolis Colts (news) in the divisional playoffs.

Link

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050316/sp_afp/amfootnflpatriots_050316220009

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I used to work with Tedy's wife Heidi. I was at their wedding. His family is all urging him to retire. Tucson has a great heart hosptial. That is why he is here.

He's a really good guy and it looks to me that his career is over. I hope that I can see them while he is here. I intend to try.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
irvin88 said:
good guy, but his career is over.

I posted this late morning yesterday in another thread

Broke it in NFL Zone in this thread early last night after McGinnest confirmed condition. I was aware that this was occuring but respected Tedy's privacy - but word leaked out late last night so I felt appropriate to post.

My prayers are for him and his family. Not a player out there with a bigger heart. Sad

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21906

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HipHop said:
Its where you should post NFL related things
We allow more leeway in the off season. This is newsworthy. Once it dies down we will move it over.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
HipHop said:
Its where you should post NFL related things

Ok I really didn't know. but its football related. just as much as the "Brown Sugar thread" Have you complained about that thread??????? Do you have a problem with this did it offend you?????? You knew from the title what it was about you did not have to read or respond....

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I'm glad that they found it when they did.

It would suck to have some guy die on the field.