Telegraphing or leaking?

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why is it that every single year we seem to know the identity of our targets. On the days leading up to the draft Trysten Hill was the talking point and even jane Slater went on air saying for us to watch him.
Who is talking and leaking this information?
It seems unprofessional or does it happen at other NFL teams too.
Don't get me wrong its good to get some information for us fans but its getting to the point that other teams can plan around it.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
First, every fanbase knows roughly which direction their team is going. We're not the only franchise being picked apart by sports writers, we're just the one you pay the most attention to.

Second, they were telegraphing TE, DT, S, CB all in round 2 and 3. If they had picked any of those, you would be able to claim we knew it was coming.

Third, they got the guy they wanted, so it had literally no impact on the round 2 selection.

I dont understand why this keeps getting talked about so much.

visionary

Reaction score
Last year everyone knew LVE was the target
This year everyone knew Hill was the target

Nobody believed it either time but both times they knew it

We are a badly run FO
It's a good thing Stephen is a football guy and will fix things when he takes over

This franchise is so inept at every level that it's laughable

:facepalm::banghead:

CapnB

Reaction score
Honestly its not that hard when you look at the position of need, guys that were brought in (although occasionally like the Nittany Guard not visit) and where they are projected to go. And If some people think other teams make their picks to "steal" them away from us. I'm not sure what else to say.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly its not that hard when you look at the position of need, guys that were brought in (although occasionally like the Nittany Guard not visit) and where they are projected to go. And If some people think other teams make their picks to "steal" them away from us. I'm not sure what else to say.
I don't think teams take somebody to keep them away from any team. That makes no sense...

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score

We are a badly run FO
It's a good thing Stephen is a football guy and will fix things when he takes over

Complaining about drafting LVE simply because sportswriters correctly predicted that Dallas would be interested in the best 4-3 LB available. Wow.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score

These people are basically angry that critical thinking exists.

Dallas even got the guy they wanted, it's not like people knowing we wanted a DT (something everyone knew by simply watching the games) impacted anything.

visionary

Reaction score
Complaining about drafting LVE simply because sportswriters correctly predicted that Dallas would be interested in the best 4-3 LB available. Wow.

My post was in English so you probably misunderstood

Can you show me (in my post above) where I complained about drafting LVE?

I'll wait

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
My post was in English so you probably misunderstood

Can you show me (in my post above) where I complained about drafting LVE?

I'll wait

You mention it and then discuss how inept the FO is. Either the statements relate to each other or you mentioned LVE for no reason.

visionary

Reaction score
You mention it and then discuss how inept the FO is. Either the statements relate to each other or you mentioned LVE for no reason.

Like I said, the post is in English

This thread is about telegraphing our picks

Everyone knew we were picking LVE and Hill

Has nothing to do with whether LVE was a good or bad pick

Mr_437

Reaction score
Why is it that every single year we seem to know the identity of our targets. On the days leading up to the draft Trysten Hill was the talking point and even jane Slater went on air saying for us to watch him.
Who is talking and leaking this information?
It seems unprofessional or does it happen at other NFL teams too.
Don't get me wrong its good to get some information for us fans but its getting to the point that other teams can plan around it.
Or maybe they already have the draft done and the NFL draft is just a spectacle for the fans/tv ratings. Maybe the football fan is being played...but y'all don't want to believe that, right?

Sydla

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen have diarrhea of the mouth. They love to talk and make it sound like they are such, smart football guys.

So it should surprise no one that who this team wants gets leaked.

rambo2

Reaction score

We are a badly run FO

Badly run? The front office traded for Cooper and has been drafting very well for years. That's why they are winning. What is laughable is your post.

visionary

Reaction score
Badly run? The front office traded for Cooper and has been drafting very well for years. That's why they are winning. What is laughable is your post.

Winning?

We are one of only 3 NFC teams to have not even played in a conference championship game in the last 23 years

Only 3 of 16

"We are winning"

We have won exactly nothing in 23 years

Sydla

Reaction score

Winning?

What have they won?

It always has me chuckling that guys like you probably brag about how awesome the Cowboys are and how they are an elite franchise but then use the word “winning” to describe our last 5-6 years.

It’s weird.

rambo2

Reaction score
Winning?

What have they won?

It always has me chuckling that guys like you probably brag about how awesome the Cowboys are and how they are an elite franchise but then use the word “winning” to describe our last 5-6 years.

It’s weird.
Give me a break. They just won the division and a playoff game last year and this team is better than last years team.