Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Old Fashioned

teaspoon of sugar or a cube
few dashes of bitters
2oz of a good bourbon

In a rocks glass, put sugar, a cherry and an orange wedge and mash them up good. Add the bitters, stir and top with ice. Pour the bourbon over the top then a gentle stir :thumbup:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Old Fashioned

teaspoon of sugar or a cube
few dashes of bitters
2oz of a good bourbon

In a rocks glass, put sugar, a cherry and an orange wedge and mash them up good. Add the bitters, stir and top with ice. Pour the bourbon over the top then a gentle stir :thumbup:
I'm an old fashioned guy myself, when I'm not sipping a single malt.
And you make it the right way.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Copeland's Restaurant's Crash & Burn:

1/2 oz light rum
1/2 oz dark rum
1/2 oz Southern Comfort
1/2 oz Blackberry brandy
1/2 oz Banana liquer
1/2 oz Creme de Noya
1/2 oz Triple Sec
3 1/2 oz pineapple jiuce
3 1/2 oz orange juice
2 oz pina colada mix
dash grenadine
dash Rose's lime juice

It's usually served in punch bowl glasses. I'm so addicted to them that my wife holds me to ordering only two whenever we go out to eat there. I chase it with 100 proof SC when I make it at home instead of the 80 proof served at the restaurant (or at my Copeland's in my opinion).

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Copeland's Restaurant's Crash & Burn:

1/2 oz light rum
1/2 oz dark rum
1/2 oz Southern Comfort
1/2 oz Blackberry brandy
1/2 oz Banana liquer
1/2 oz Creme de Noya
1/2 oz Triple Sec
3 1/2 oz pineapple jiuce
3 1/2 oz orange juice
2 oz pina colada mix
dash grenadine
dash Rose's lime juice

It's usually served in punch bowl glasses. I'm so addicted to them that my wife holds me to ordering only two whenever we go out to eat there. I chase it with 100 proof SC when I make it at home instead of the 80 proof served at the restaurant (or at my Copeland's in my opinion).
Is that the offspring of a rum runner and bahama mama? :laugh:

reddyuta

Reaction score
Negroni by a mile.I never order it at the bar though because they always mess up this simple drink because they dont use good vermouth or Gin.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And how you make it.

I just recently discovered a drink called a Pineapple margarita on the rocks

1 ½ cups tequila (Patron Silver)
2 cups pineapple juice
¾ cup Cointreau
¾ cup lime juice
I always want a second margarita, so I would double this recipe.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speaking of drinking, and several of you were, I don't get rehab. Wouldn't I have to be habbed first?

I respect people that do not drink but I do not envy them. They get up in the morning, that's the best it's going to get and they do not have a good excuse for feeling like crap the morning after.

After being made a moderator, much like being a made man in the mafia, I found a new meaning for moderation in my sinful ways. Having a few cocktails is my only vice left. I can imagine and remember the others but can only do that. Mind would like to, body says "grow the hell up".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My favorite mixed drink of all time is the Bloody Mary. I perfected the mix back in 1980, after a trip to Canada where they serve the Bloody Caesar, and have given this recipe out more than all the others combined and every person that's ever tasted one announces that is the best they ever had. The secret is in the Clamato vs tomato juice because of the consistency not being as heavy. I have several variations on the mix now. I approximate the measures because I have never measured it. I could make this in my sleep and what a wonderful usage of down time!

1 bottle of Clamato
20 grinds on a pepper mill or if you want to get fancy, Aleppo Pepper.
Celery Salt to taste
Sea salt to taste
Fresh lemon juice, at least a tbl
Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, at least a tsp
Crystal Hot Sauce, at least a tbl
Boar's Head horseradish. at least a tsp
Depending on the taste you're looking for and tolerance for spicy heat, either at least a tbl of pickled jalapeno juice, dill pickle juice or pepperoncini juice.

For a variation on this, especially in the colder months, add 8ozs of beef broth and use tequila instead of vodka for a Bloody Maria.

Both of these make great Micheladas.

And if you mix this with an equal amount of tomato juice, it makes excellent Gazpacho.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nowadays, club soda with a splash of cranberry. Back in the day; either Johnny or Absolute on the rocks...no fruit.
That is what I've gone to. Being a slight diabetic now, I have to watch the sugar, so I get a Vodka Splash. Vodka, club soda, and just a splash of cranberry.

When it's really hot outside, I now do a Gin Twist instead of a Gin n Tonic. Tonic water is basically soda water. Loaded w/ sugar. So, it's gin, club soda, and a splash of margarita mix.

Often times I simply pour some whiskey on the rocks. Never thought I'd partake, but I've been drinking some flavored whiskey last few years. Peach Crown or maybe Fireball poured on ice.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't drink anymore but when I used to drink a little I always liked a properly made vodka collins. I have no idea what is in one but I always liked how refreshing they were after a round of golf on a hot day. We would start with a couple sans vodka, to rehydrate, then have a few with the vodka. Great drink.

When I was in college we used to go to a bar, I forget the name since it was 50 years ago. They made something called an AMF - Adios MFer. It was a mix of tequila and Wild Turkey. It went down surprisingly smooth but once it hit bottom it was like a bomb went off in your gut. I had a 3 day hangover from those things once.

Creeper

Reaction score
That is what I've gone to. Being a slight diabetic now, I have to watch the sugar, so I get a Vodka Splash. Vodka, club soda, and just a splash of cranberry.

When it's really hot outside, I now do a Gin Twist instead of a Gin n Tonic. Tonic water is basically soda water. Loaded w/ sugar. So, it's gin, club soda, and a splash of margarita mix.

Often times I simply pour some whiskey on the rocks. Never thought I'd partake, but I've been drinking some flavored whiskey last few years. Peach Crown or maybe Fireball poured on ice.
Tonic water contains quinine and is excellent if you get leg cramps at night. A lot of people do not like the taste but tonic with a twist of lime is very refreshing.

Big_D

Reaction score
My favorite mixed drink of all time is the Bloody Mary. I perfected the mix back in 1980, after a trip to Canada where they serve the Bloody Caesar, and have given this recipe out more than all the others combined and every person that's ever tasted one announces that is the best they ever had. The secret is in the Clamato vs tomato juice because of the consistency not being as heavy. I have several variations on the mix now. I approximate the measures because I have never measured it. I could make this in my sleep and what a wonderful usage of down time!

1 bottle of Clamato
Celery Salt to taste
Sea salt to taste
Depending on the taste you're looking for and tolerance for spicy heat, either at least a tbl of pickled jalapeno juice, dill pickle juice or pepperoncini juice.

For a variation on this, especially in the colder months, add 8ozs of beef broth and use tequila instead of vodka for a Bloody Maria.

And if you mix this with an equal amount of tomato juice, it makes excellent Gazpacho.
Bloody Mary with Clamato.. now we’re talking! I’m always on the prowl for a good Bloody Mary! Throw a nice strip of crisp bacon or 2 in there instead of the usual celery stick.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

1 bottle of Clamato
Celery Salt to taste
Sea salt to taste

Love Bloody Ceasars. I like that you use lemon instead of lime. I do as well. Makes a huge difference.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Mine is a well-made Mojito. There used to be a Cuban restaurant in Dallas called Cuba Libre that sold them by the pitcher, and they were amazing.