Ten surprising undrafted prospects...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Who will undoubtedly be priority free agents...

LB Ezra Butler, Nevada
OG Robert Felton, Arkansas
OG Eric Young, Tennessee

These three graded out in the 4th round range on the draft boards I favor...

DE/OLB Tommy Blake, TCU
OLB Curtis Johnson, Clark
OG/OT Kerry Brown, Appalachian St.
OG Will Arnold, LSU
S Marcus Griffin, Texas
TE Joe Jon Finley, Oklahoma
S David Roach, TCU

These seven graded out in the fifth or sixth round range...

The Cowboys demonstrated some interest in Blake, Clark, Griffin, Finley and Roach in the weeks leading up to the draft...

Big Dakota

Reaction score
REALLY hope we sign Blake. Top 10 pass rush ability at an udfa price tag. Maybe he has his troubles under controll?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear;2060364 said:

LB Ezra Butler, Nevada
OG Eric Young, Tennessee

DE/OLB Tommy Blake, TCU
OG Will Arnold, LSU
S Marcus Griffin, Texas
S David Roach, TCU

The Cowboys demonstrated some interest in Blake, Clark, Griffin, Finley and Roach in the weeks leading up to the draft...
Please tell me you meant Curtis Johnson.

I loved this kid if so and would so like to get him.

jjktkk

Reaction score
So far the Cowboys have signed 2 college free agents: Texas Tech wr Danny Amendola and Hampton de Marcus Dixon.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jjktkk;2060411 said:
So far the Cowboys have signed 2 college free agents: Texas Tech wr Danny Amendola and Hampton de Marcus Dixon.
Great avatar. You should have me change your username to The Thing and your title to "It's clobberin' time!"

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2060415 said:
A headcase. I believe he was off most teams boards because of his character.

YAKUZA

I didn't know mental illness was classified as a character issue?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2060436 said:
I didn't know mental illness was classified as a character issue?

doesn't really matter if it is or isn't. Hes unreliable to the point that he wasn't drafted.

adamknite

Reaction score
I'm kinda suprised Felton wasn't drafted. He made SEC all conference. Plus he's a good character guy.

MONT17

Reaction score
Felix is going to have to get Felton to come down and try out... another BP Bust has to go!

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;2060439 said:
doesn't really matter if it is or isn't. Hes unreliable to the point that he wasn't drafted.

That's why you get him for 15K instead of 30 million, which is what he could have made based on what he did year 2 and 3 in college. If healthy, he very well could have bee a Vernon Gholston type player in the top 15-20.

silverbear

Reaction score
silverbear;2060364 said:

LB Ezra Butler, Nevada
OG Eric Young, Tennessee

DE/OLB Tommy Blake, TCU
OG Will Arnold, LSU
S Marcus Griffin, Texas
S David Roach, TCU

Curtis Johnson, Kerry Brown, Marcus Griffin and Joe Jon Finley are all off the board...

soccerbud

Reaction score
read somewhere that norm said blake had poor interviews and many teams were turn offed during the interviews

jjktkk

Reaction score
soccerbud;2060561 said:
read somewhere that norm said blake had poor interviews and many teams were turn offed during the interviews
Blake stated in a report last week that when the Cowboys brought him in for a visit that Jerry Jones told him to keep his spirits up and every thing will work out fine. I hope that is a sign that the Cowboys will at least give a tryout.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Does espn or any other website keep track of who takes who in undrafted free agency?

TEUFELI

Reaction score
All I can say is the Tommy Blakw story is really sad. I went to TCU and worked out with Tommy in the same athletic gym.

Here is what i can say...if healthy, the guy is an absolute beast. He was rated as a 1st rd talent b4 the mental problems. Having said that, I am glad we didnt waste a pick on him. "Mental problems" scare me. My head says stay away.....but my heart hopes he gets a shot. If healthy, well.....he is truthfully a stud, a QB terror!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
TEUFELI;2060617 said:
All I can say is the Tommy Blakw story is really sad. I went to TCU and worked out with Tommy in the same athletic gym.

Here is what i can say...if healthy, the guy is an absolute beast. He was rated as a 1st rd talent b4 the mental problems. Having said that, I am glad we didnt waste a pick on him. "Mental problems" scare me. My head says stay away.....but my heart hopes he gets a shot. If healthy, well.....he is truthfully a stud, a QB terror!

Shocked nobody has said it yet, but doesn't this whole situation remind you a lot of Demetrius Underwood?

silverbear

Reaction score
Muhast;2060619 said:
Shocked nobody has said it yet, but doesn't this whole situation remind you a lot of Demetrius Underwood?

No... bipolar disorder and depression are two very different situations...