TEN things to say when caught sleeping @ your desk

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TEN things to say when caught sleeping @ your desk

10. "They told me at the Blood Bank this might happen."

9. "This is just a 15 minute power nap they raved about in the time management course you sent me to."

8. "Whew! Guess I left the top off the Whiteout. You probably got Here just in time."

7. "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new business strategy."

6. "I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance."

5. "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stress. Are you discriminatory toward people who practice Yoga?"

4. "Darn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out how To handle that big accounting problem."

3. "Did you ever notice sound coming out of these keyboards when You put your ear down real close?"

2. Who put decaf in the wrong pot?!"

NUMBER ONE best thing to say if you get caught sleeping at your desk........

1. Raise your head slowly and say, "...in Jesus' name, Amen"

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL!

My typical response would be misdirection like this:

Co-worker: Hey! Wake up!
Me: (abruptly wakes up) Which office is yours?
Co-worker: .. um .. the one in the front corner ..
Me: Yeah, that's the one that caused the server to crash. What were you doing?
Co-worker: Nothing .. well, I did check my Yahoo mail.
Me: Well, whatever you did, it brought the down the entire network. I won't tell anyone this time, just be careful in the future.
Co-worker: Thinks to himself, "What a great guy.." as he's walking away.

While I made this up, I do things like this a lot. You'd be amazed how quickly you can misdirect people as long as you're a quick thinker.

I remember several years ago when my boss walked in on me playing a game at work. The first thing he said was something like "Why are you playing a game when you're supposed to be working?" Without hesitating I said "I don't think these computers were shipped with the right video cards. Where's the invoice for this one?" He replied and then told me to let him know what I found out :)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality said:
LOL!

My typical response would be misdirection like this:

Co-worker: Hey! Wake up!
Me: (abruptly wakes up) Which office is yours?
Co-worker: .. um .. the one in the front corner ..
Me: Yeah, that's the one that caused the server to crash. What were you doing?
Co-worker: Nothing .. well, I did check my Yahoo mail.
Me: Well, whatever you did, it brought the down the entire network. I won't tell anyone this time, just be careful in the future.
Co-worker: Thinks to himself, "What a great guy.." as he's walking away.

While I made this up, I do things like this a lot. You'd be amazed how quickly you can misdirect people as long as you're a quick thinker.

I remember several years ago when my boss walked in on me playing a game at work. The first thing he said was something like "Why are you playing a game when you're supposed to be working?" Without hesitating I said "I don't think these computers were shipped with the right video cards. Where's the invoice for this one?" He replied and then told me to let him know what I found out :)

LOL

Reminds me of a story while in the Army.

We were in basic and they sent some of us out to this area for guard duty.

It was just some buildings where they stored toys around the year for the Operation Santa Claus situation where they gather donated toys and give them out to under privelaged children at x-mas.

Anyways we just had to walk around, just to get guard training and the drill SGTs would check in so often.

One guy fell asleep while leaning his head on one of the building walls.

The Drill SGT told us he was watching the guy and walked in front of the guy to make sure he was sleeping, sure enough the guy was sleeping so the Drill SGT went behind the guy to scare him and quietly said, "what the heck do you think you are doing?" and the quick thinking guy said...."Shhhh, I think I hear something inside"

Well the Drill SGT told us he thought that was so funny and quick thinking that he let the guy go with a warning where normally he would have his arse for sleeping on guard duty.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score

I just shut my office door, took my phone off the hook and said that I was on a conference call and couldn't be disturbed....

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

I just shut my office door, took my phone off the hook and said that I was on a conference call and couldn't be disturbed....
The only time I shut my door is to eat lunch and I still get interrupted :banghead:

Duane

Reaction score
Very funny. My accounting group liked #4 a lot.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I can never shut my door...there are way too many people going in and out if it.