T'eo of ND might have made UP story of dead girlfriend....

RS12

Reaction score
Some of Teo's spin doctors should start posting on CZ. They would be right at home.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
VThokie7;4969397 said:
According to their piece, he said he met her in person at a Stanford game and that they would see each other in Hawaii. So finding it hard to believe he was just simply an unknowing victim.

And if he made something like this up, I doubt he is top 10. This is a just character red flag IMO. Something is clearly off in his head if he made up such an elaborate story.

Correct, if anyone reads the article, it appears to be a hoax perpetrated by both him and Tuiasosopo.

The fact that Notre Dame is releasing that statement about him being a victim is laughable, clearly he was hallucinating then when he met her after the one game. :rolleyes:.

I can't believe they kept this up for so long, we live in an information age and any credible journalism should have smelled this out real fast.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
But-hes-gay.jpg

joseephuss

Reaction score
MonsterD;4969488 said:
Correct, if anyone reads the article, it appears to be a hoax perpetrated by both him and Tuiasosopo.

The fact that Notre Dame is releasing that statement about him being a victim is laughable, clearly he was hallucinating then when he met her after the one game. :rolleyes:.

I can't believe they kept this up for so long, we live in an information age and any credible journalism should have smelled this out real fast.

His dad is quoted as saying she visited Manti in Hawaii.

http://articles.southbendtribune.co...brian-and-ottilia-manti-te-o-irish-head-coach

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.​

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
joseephuss;4969493 said:
His dad is quoted as saying she visited Manti in Hawaii.

http://articles.southbendtribune.co...brian-and-ottilia-manti-te-o-irish-head-coach
"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.​

But also they said they the family had never met her in person. SO the obvious question is why not if she was there in Hawaii? I think they saw Catfish and wanted to try to bring that core idea to fruition. I have my theories on Catfish and why it is for the most part fake.

gmb85

Reaction score
joseephuss;4969402 said:
How so? I find it very surprising. And that is whether he was part of the duping or just a victim of it. Either way makes for a strange, surprising story.

Eh, nothing surprises me anymore. It's an evil world with evil leaders.

erod

Reaction score
Sickening that he would concoct this whole thing to persuade Heisman votes.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Diogenes;4969514 said:
Can't wait to see this on "Catfish!"

In yet another now-deleted tweet, Tei herself reached out to Nev Schulman, star of the 2010 film Catfish and executive producer of the MTV program of the same title. Schulman's movie and show are about romantic deception through fake online personas.
Manti Te'o, meanwhile, has deleted his tweets mentioning U'ilani.

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score
In an interview with ESPN for College GameDay on Oct. 2, Te'o said that Kekua's last words to him were "I love you." He also said that she was "the most beautiful girl I've ever met."

Diogenes

Reaction score
MonsterD;4969526 said:
In yet another now-deleted tweet, Tei herself reached out to Nev Schulman, star of the 2010 film Catfish and executive producer of the MTV program of the same title. Schulman's movie and show are about romantic deception through fake online personas.
Manti Te'o, meanwhile, has deleted his tweets mentioning U'ilani.

LOL. I don't know what's better, "reality" shows, or people that think reality shows are 100% real. They are both entertaining.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Catfish was a hoax on top of a hoax. I am sure that the guys knew that someone online was trying to con people and that they created the fake online personalities. I think they had a great idea to con that con and pretend that they were innocent victims of it, so they could sell their "documentary".

It is easy for them to look up any info on the fake person that he "fell in love with" and maintained a long relationship with. Again why would he not just do some very simple research from the start to confirm if the person was real or not? I see the same flaw here.

In the movie the woman who made all the fake personalities was actually conned by this dude Niev because he knew from the start she was fake and he went along the deal of making a relationship so he could make that specific movie. Of course that is my thinking at least.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
UPDATE: Here is Te'o's statement, that was first published by ESPN.com:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
@BobDorfman Te'o could be the 1st jock to land an endorsement deal with Adobe Photoshop.

Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton
Sources have revealed that Manti Te'o is the only one to have claimed seeing James Harden play in the 2012 NBA Finals.

RandyBaumann WDVE ‏@DVERandy
ESPN has just apologized for Brett Musburgers inappropriate comments regarding the beauty of Mantei Teo's fake dead girlfriend.

@MBHelperMonkey
Lennay Kekua was still more visible than Mantei T'eo during the national championship game.