Terence Newman, CB - Dallas Cowboys...FA in 2008

burmafrd

Reaction score
People believe what the mediots say. Not much you can do about that.
Cannot beleive that there are still SUPPOSEDLY intelligent posters that do not get how valuable Newman is. A guarantee that offensive coordinators in this league know. And so do the WRs.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1488997 said:
You can always tell the youngsters in the crowd when they think late 20s is nearing decrepitude. :laugh2:

CB isn't like RB or strong safety with tons of big collisions. Barring serious injuries, knock on wood, Newman should be able to play well for many more years.

Hey, when I am referring to Newman getting up in age, I am talking in football years. I may be a "yungin" compared to some on this forum but I hardly believe that 40 is old. I only refer to players getting older in the NFL because football takes such a demanding toll on your body.

What, with all the advancements in Medicine, you can live 'till your three hundred. Then they pickle your head and they clone ya! Voila!

lspain1

Reaction score
BouncingCheese;1488922 said:
I am dissapointed we didn't try harder to get a corner in the draft, because I know cover corners are hard to find in the league like Newman, but I don't know how much I want to offer a guy who could possibly break down in two years.

We did draft a couple of corners on the 2nd day.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Va_BoysFan4 Life;1488857 said:
I personally don't think McFadden is our answer. I think we have the answer on already on the team. I really believe Battle will end up as 3rd RB and if given the opportunity he will show the mistake team made by not drafting him. I think he has all the skills needed to be our top back. He just need time.

I'm not sure about McFadden esp since we haven't drafted him and he's still in college having played one year. It's too early to jump on that bandwagon.

What are you basing your opinion about Battle on? He's not even in camp. I'd like to see him battle for the 3rd RB position but he is going to have to make some noise before getting on the PS.

BouncingCheese;1488938 said:
You don't offer a huge contract to a 33 year old underachieving LT...Wait let me amend that... inept LT. ( he is just too-slow footed to deal with fast DE's, which is the position where they are the most prevalent, opposite the LT)

Look at Alan Faneca for example; he has been one of the best lineman in the NFL regardless of position the past few years, and the Steelers have STILL not even offered him a deal. Why should we even offer a huge contract to Flo' if he isn't even producing? I wouldn't even know which team would offer him that large of a deal... that is except for Jerrah. (*urghhh*)

I think he's better than inept. What makes you say he's inept?

Chocolate Lab;1488997 said:
You can always tell the youngsters in the crowd when they think late 20s is nearing decrepitude. :laugh2:

CB isn't like RB or strong safety with tons of big collisions. Barring serious injuries, knock on wood, Newman should be able to play well for many more years.

That is funny. Yeah late 20s is really old. I can't tell if the young women are 15 or 30 anymore. They all look so young. Who cares about the boys or whether they are football players.

burmafrd;1489086 said:
People believe what the mediots say. Not much you can do about that.
Cannot beleive that there are still SUPPOSEDLY intelligent posters that do not get how valuable Newman is. A guarantee that offensive coordinators in this league know. And so do the WRs.

It would be really insane to let Newman go unless something happens injury wise. He's good for at least another contract.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
AdamJT13;1489075 said:
For the umpteenth time, Newman won't be a free agent until AFTER the 2008 season. Only his 2009 season will void.

Newman won't be a free agent until AFTER the 2008 season.

How many times does it need to be said?

HA!!:lmao2:

Saw the thread title and clicked just to see how far down I've have to scroll before Adam set it straight.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Newman has been pretty injury free over his career. I would give him a 5 year deal.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1489075 said:
For the umpteenth time, Newman won't be a free agent until AFTER the 2008 season. Only his 2009 season will void.

How many times does it need to be said?

I'm sorry, did you say something???

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
BouncingCheese;1488924 said:
We are NOT re-signing Flozell Adams. Have you watched him play? he is practically stealing money from us. We don't HAVE to resign any of these players. Newman and Romo are top-priority, though. JJ has this year to prove himself.

the only one on that line that was stealing from us was Rivera, and he even offered to give it back to us at one point :)

2much2soon

Reaction score
burmafrd;1488994 said:
Its the mileage, not the years that take the toll. A top CB can physically stay fine untill 33 or so. Just depends on the person. Newman is a workout fiend and hardly ever even gets dinged up. I think he will be good for another 4 years, and still very good for a year or two more; when he could become the Nickel CB if we have been able to replace him by then. So I would not have a problem signing him to a 5 year extension- longer so we could stretch out the signing bonus.

Aaron Glenn is a perfect example of this

Reaction score
Quote:
; said:
Originally Posted by Va_BoysFan4 Life
I personally don't think McFadden is our answer. I think we have the answer on already on the team. I really believe Battle will end up as 3rd RB and if given the opportunity he will show the mistake team made by not drafting him. I think he has all the skills needed to be our top back. He just need time.

jobberone;1489204 said:
I'm not sure about McFadden esp since we haven't drafted him and he's still in college having played one year. It's too early to jump on that bandwagon.

What are you basing your opinion about Battle on? He's not even in camp. I'd like to see him battle for the 3rd RB position but he is going to have to make some noise before getting on the PS.

Good question. Basically like I have stated before just what all of us have seen. Just some film, a few games through out the yr, and his impressive Pro Day times and numbers. But what I feel he will bring is a strong showing at mini camp and also TC that will really turn heads. I think that this kid will come in with a serious chip on his shoulder due to the fact he felt he should have been drafted. We know nothing is for sure with any rookie player whether drafted or not. But my gut feeling say this is going to be a special kid for us.