Terence Newman will miss AZ game with Abdominal Irritation *Merge*

Smith22

Reaction score
The man played ALL 16 games in 2003 through 2007 and he played in 13 games last year. Give it a rest already.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In his first 5 years with the Cowboys, TNew only missed 3 games.

Because he is hurt now he is suddenly injury prone?

Boysboy

Reaction score
BTW-has anyone seen DeSean Jackson making bonehead play after bonehead play the last couple of weeks?(Aside from that PR TD, that is)

Pt being gbe GLAD we drafted Mike Jenkins with our #25 instead. I don't think Newman is injury prone like you guys say, but assuming he IS, we drafted a GEM to be his possible future replacement in case Newman keeps getting injured.

Yah-where are all these Jackson lovers now?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;2318816 said:
The anti-Newman movement has less to do with Pacman than it does with Newman getting Pizzaid. We saw the exact same "Fan Support Curve" with Roy Williams.
Just wait to D. Ware gets his. :cool:

Pabst

Reaction score
I think most of us were Devin Thomas lovers at the time, rather than DeSean Jackson.

I wanted Jenkins, but I also wanted Mendenhall at the time. No worries, though, I have since flogged myself in repentance.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2318852 said:
Just wait to D. Ware gets his. :cool:

I know. We should just not pay our players...just let them go. That way, the fans won't have anything to complain about.:)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
So I'm guessing this is the reason Newman was smoked in that one game? He needs to sit out until at least December.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Clove;2318867 said:
So I'm guessing this is the reason Newman was smoked in that one game? He needs to sit out until at least December.

Nah-Santana Moss just happens to be a Cowboy-killer. No different from Lito and Shockey. Fortunately, the latter is out of our division, and hopefully, the former will be out of our division by next year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
UDcowboysfan;2318690 said:
I love newman, but i never remembered him getting injured this much before we payed him.

its just bad luck...it has nothing to do with getting paid...he got hurt last yr in preseason too remember? and he had not got his new contract then.

The guys busts his tail and has proven he will try and play when hurt...everyone should give him a break...we need him healthy for December and January...if he misses a few games now to get healthy, then so be it

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
dbair1967;2318989 said:
its just bad luck...it has nothing to do with getting paid...he got hurt last yr in preseason too remember? and he had not got his new contract then.

The guys busts his tail and has proven he will try and play when hurt...everyone should give him a break...we need him healthy for December and January...if he misses a few games now to get healthy, then so be it

I agree 100%, this is a very rough sport and my theory as to why we faded in December had a lot to do with being forced to play our starters through injuries. Thankfully we have sufficient depth to compensate. In the end it will bode well for us, by getting Newman healthy while getting the youngsters some much needed PT.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Pabst;2318858 said:
I think most of us were Devin Thomas lovers at the time, rather than DeSean Jackson.

I wanted Jenkins, but I also wanted Mendenhall at the time. No worries, though, I have since flogged myself in repentance.

what'd you use?

juck

Reaction score
dbair1967;2318989 said:

All well and good but he is done for the season,if he has a sports hernia he will need operated.Good chance he goes on IR.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
juckie;2319052 said:
All well and good but he is done for the season,if he has a sports hernia he will need operated.Good chance he goes on IR.

where was it said that he has this?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
lcharles;2319337 said:
How can a man's stomach hurt when he is gutless??:confused:

Listen Charlie Brown, Terence Newman played his heart out for you (if you really like the Cowboys) in 2003.

Terence Newman played his heart out for you in 2004. His YPA that year was 5.8 YPA.

Terence Newman played his heart out for you in 2005. His YPA was 5.8, again. Plus, he didn't give up a TD that season.

Terence Newman played his heart out for you in 2006.

Terence Newman played his heart out for you in 2007. His YPA was 6.1, and he didn't give up a TD.

His four year average YPA (2004-2007) was 6.2. That is second in the NFL in that four year span.

Now he gets some adversity, and you kick a man when he is down after he has kept big plays and points off the soreboard for you during the last 5 years. That is wrong in my opinion.

Newman is the best slot defender in the NFL. Champ Bailey can't play it. Asante Samuel can't play it. Charles Woodson plays it good, but he isn't as good as Newman on the inside. Moreover, Newman's play on the field has deserved multiple Pro Bowls, but DeAngelo Hall was given some he didn't deserve. I think that's pretty clear right about now.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
juckie;2318900 said:
:laugh2: ???
it really isn't funny... like at all. It's gotten old, it's a waste of space, and contributes jack **** to the threads