Terrance Williams In 2015

Will Terrance Williams keep his job as #2 WR all season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Barring injury, do you believe the coaches will demote Terrance Williams at some point before or during the upcoming season?

The poll will close in 14 days (June 29).

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I seriously doubt the team will see fit to saddle Williams with what might easily be construed as a slap in the face. He's been willing to accept the responsibility and contrite for any laziness he may have committed in the past. It remains to be seen how he'll respond to the challenge ahead. Will he improve his consistency or do more of the same? We'll see. I vote yes, he'll improve and remain #2.

Last edited:

Frozen700

Reaction score
He should get demoted, especially if he starts mis behaving.

He's not consistent enough, love to body catch, so the type of passes you throw to him all have to be somewhat perfect, which limits things. He get's taken out by 1 on 1 coverage often.

I would love to see another WR line up opposite of Dez. Not sure if the coaching staff is ready to hurt his feelings yet though.

If he improves though, by all means start him. I'm team first.

rynochop

Reaction score
Replace him with who? For as much we were committed to the run game and tonys other targets i thought he had a solid year.

Im still waiting on an answer for how many catches people want him taking away from dez, witten and beasley

John813

Reaction score
I don't think we have a receiver who can beat Williams for the #2 spot, yet. I believe Street could get more playing time, but not to the point of surpassing Williams as the #2 WR.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Ugh. The poll question and the first post are two different questions. I answered the first post, not the poll question.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Who are you going to replace him with ... :laugh:. His job is secure as can be, sadly.

Honestly I think a more realistic question is, "Will Terrance Williams be our #1 WR in 2015?"

*Both questions are far fetched though*

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Of course he will. Romo had his highest passer rating when throwing to TDUB and he was our most productive WR in the playoffs.

DFWJC

Reaction score
All the coaches are saying Williams has made a huge jump this offseason in almost all measurable areas. Bigger, stronger, faster, with much better route running and consistency
I've always been a bit of a TWill skeptic, but I think he's locked in this year...and also wants to get paid.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Barring injury, do you believe the coaches will demote Terrance Williams at some point before or during the upcoming season?

The poll will close in 14 days (June 29).

I think he will be the unquestioned #2 WR on the team; however, I think they would like to give him more rest than he has has in the past. His job is to run medium to deep routes over and over which is extremely tiring. It's probably the more tiring job on the offense.

He got criticized recently for his comments about taking plays off, but I think it is almost humanly impossible to run those medium and deep routes at 100% speed all game.

erod

Reaction score
He was phenomenal in the playoffs. Why would they change?

They've worked with him all offseason on catching the ball with his hands.

Ironically, Michael Irvin credits his success with catching the ball against his body. He teaches it to young receivers. He said it allowed him to absorb hits better over the middle.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I could have added "barring injury" to the poll question. My bad.

That doesn't change it.

The poll is asking "Will Terrance Williams Keep his #2 Job all season?"

YES

The OP asks "Do you believe the coaches will demote Terrance Williams this season"

NO

I answered no on the poll but I was answering the first post, not the actual poll question.

RE-COUNT!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure if the coaching staff is ready to hurt his feelings yet though.
The coaches have input in all roster altering decisions. I'm sure they supplied a list of pros and cons for retaining or letting go Demarcus Murray. I am of the opinion that the cons outweighed the pros despite Murray being arguably the best running back productivity-wise in the NFL last season. But the coaches are somehow afraid of hurting the feelings of a #2 wide receiver? I'm finding that assumption kinda hard to swallow.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Objection! Speculation! :)

A friend of the court concur. Speculation! Disnumeration of supposed play in a season that half not happened. Unneeded, unheeded and unfortunately initiated!

th