Terrance Williams In 2015

Will Terrance Williams keep his job as #2 WR all season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That doesn't change it.

The poll is asking "Will Terrance Williams Keep his #2 Job all season?"

YES

The OP asks "Do you believe the coaches will demote Terrance Williams this season"

NO

I answered no on the poll but I was answering the first post, not the actual poll question.

RE-COUNT!
Oh. Okay. Got it. My intention was for the post to explain how Williams would lose the #2 WR spot but not change the poll question's directive. I can now see how the post would be perceived differently from the poll question. Again, my bad.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Oh. Okay. Got it. My intention was for the post to explain how Williams would lose the #2 WR spot but not change the poll question's directive. I can now see how the post would be perceived differently from the poll question. Again, my bad.

No problem. I just want it on record that my no is for the OP, not for the poll. I believe that barring injury, Williams will remain the number 2 WR this season.

Frozen700

Reaction score
The coaches have input in all roster altering decisions. I'm sure they supplied a list of pros and cons for retaining or letting go Demarcus Murray. I am of the opinion that the cons outweighed the pros despite Murray being arguably the best running back productivity-wise in the NFL last season. But the coaches are somehow afraid of hurting the feelings of a #2 wide receiver? I'm finding that assumption kinda hard to swallow.

Well lets hope so.

Section446

Reaction score
He'll keep his job by default, he's really the only option we have for the position.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seriously doubt the team will see fit to saddle Williams with what might easily be construed as a slap in the face. He's been willing to accept the responsibility and contrite for any laziness he may have committed in the past. It remains to be seen how he'll respond to the challenge ahead. Will he improve his consistency or do more of the same? We'll see. I vote yes, he'll improve and remain #2.

In fairness to him, he's always been praised by his coaches for how hard he works and how dedicated he is to improving his game. It's easy to generalize from criticism from a self evaluation, but it's entirely possible every WR on the team had similar lapses if he were being honest. I think it's more likely Williams is setting the bar for himself higher rather than suggesting he was actually lazy at any point.

I think he's a very solid WR2, and a good personality to complement the rest of the WR group. Our passing options are all really good on this team right now. We've got a nice balance of skill sets, and decent depth at both WR and TE.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
In fairness to him, he's always been praised by his coaches for how hard he works and how dedicated he is to improving his game. It's easy to generalize from criticism from a self evaluation, but it's entirely possible every WR on the team had similar lapses if he were being honest. I think it's more likely Williams is setting the bar for himself higher rather than suggesting he was actually lazy at any point.

I think he's a very solid WR2, and a good personality to complement the rest of the WR group. Our passing options are all really good on this team right now. We've got a nice balance of skill sets, and decent depth at both WR and TE.

Alvin Harper part deux. Without looking at the numbers I would say he is already more consistent than Harper was, even with the body catches. But Harper made some spectacular catches.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alvin Harper part deux. Without looking at the numbers I would say he is already more consistent than Harper was, even with the body catches. But Harper made some spectacular catches.

I'd say he probably is, too. Was it percy who mentioned Williams is the 3rd-most productive WR through the end of last season in team history? That's a significant accomplishment for a WR2 who's playing alongside Dez and Jason Witten no matter how you slice it. I can see arguing the guy might not be worth what it would take to retain him, but arguing about his production in the offense is silly afaic.

gmoney112

Reaction score

Yeah. It's easy for a bunch of fat old guys to criticize because a player came out and said something they can't seem to fathom, even though they've been wanting potato chips for the last 10 minutes and have been too lazy to get them from the other room.

If I'm TW's teammate, I'm thinking, "Wow, you know there are some plays I could have done probably done a little bit more, and the fact TW is going on public record insinuating he's disappointed in himself for those times, that makes me want to push myself even harder as well." Putting yourself out there like that showed a lot of cajones, and it really shows to his competitive spirit because you know people are going to be looking for that now that he's said it, and he isn't scared. He's holding himself to a high standard in front of the public and his teammates, that shows... dare i say it? Leadership?

I like him as the #2. We could do better, with significant investment and development allotted to the position, but he's more than capable of being a very productive #2, "body catching" or not. I like the competitiveness him and Dez bring to the WR's, and I'll sacrifice a little bit of catching radius for his intangibles.

I also think there's about a 100:1 shot Street is developed enough to take William's spot this season. Not to say Street won't get more looks, but Williams is not only more developed, but has a rapport with Romo in big games. That's hard to overcome as a 2nd year guy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well lets hope so.
Hope so?

Is there something about Garrett, Linehan or even Dooley leading you to believe they would not yank Williams at the earliest opportunity if they thought another receiver on the roster (other than Bryant) was better than him?

Frozen700

Reaction score
Hope so?

Is there something about Garrett, Linehan or even Dooley leading you to believe they would not yank Williams at the earliest opportunity if they thought another receiver on the roster (other than Bryant) was better than him?

The fact bums like MO is still even being considered to start.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact bums like MO is still even being considered to start.
How many starts has he had in 2015?

Why did the team draft Byron Jones?

What does "not pick up fifth year option" mean?

You may have something to hang your hat on but I do not believe what the team and coaches may think of Claiborne is your best option.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

As it was originally reported, the staff and Garrett himself informed Williams he was "taking too many plays off" before he admitted to it and ultimately relented that it was so. Anytime you accuse a player of taking too many plays off, it generally means they were being somewhat lazy and not giving 100% on every play. You were right about every receiver having room to improve and there's certainly no shame in him being one of them.

I think he's generally a good WR and was conscientious enough to admit it. That's entirely commendable and honorable. It certainly doesn't mean he's no good. There's a big difference between no good and inconsistent.
I've been one to disagree with those who have knocked him in the past and haven't wavered from that stance.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I think it's more likely Williams is setting the bar for himself higher rather than suggesting he was actually lazy at any point.

Preach it, brother Idg.............

Frozen700

Reaction score
How many starts has he had in 2015?

Why did the team draft Byron Jones?

What does "not pick up fifth year option" mean?

You may have something to hang your hat on but I do not believe what the team and coaches may think of Claiborne is your best option.

Yeah because we always make the right decisions....

dQaMWbl.png

Frozen700

Reaction score

http://img98.*************/img98/2976/rudywhatever.png

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://img98.*************/img98/2976/rudywhatever.png

Well, I'll say one thing, so far, 11% of people seem to agree with your take on the guy, so in terms of popular opinion, you're not all wrong! Just 90% wrong. You're body-catching your takes, Frozen. And we're trying to show you how to catch opinions with your hands and you just don't want to listen.

Shape up, or there's a good chance some young poster takes your job sometime this season and you're going to be left posting pics of disembodied heads and wondering where it all went wrong. Right now, it's pretty much just your sig pic that's keeping you in the starting lineup as far as I'm concerned.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Well, I'll say one thing, so far, 11% of people seem to agree with your take on the guy, so in terms of popular opinion, you're not all wrong! Just 90% wrong. You're body-catching your takes, Frozen. And we're trying to show you how to catch opinions with your hands and you just don't want to listen.

Shape up, or there's a good chance some young poster takes your job sometime this season and you're going to be left posting pics of disembodied heads and wondering where it all went wrong. Right now, it's pretty much just your sig pic that's keeping you in the starting lineup as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah never that. Hey if I get booted over my opinion, so be it.

KbiG5xl.png

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah because we always make the right decisions....

dQaMWbl.png
lol. No team "always makes the right decisions." We will all see how this season will eventually shake out. In my opinion, Terrance Williams will do his job well enough to be effective in this offense. In my opinion, Morris Claiborne will be working exceptionally hard to remain a starter at cornerback atop of trying to remain healthy. And, in my opinion, the one thing your posts are making perfect sense lately is the young beauty in your signature line. I say that knowing your comments about Terrance Williams will roll a few eyes but your sig pic is beyond scrutiny. Congrats.