Terrell Owens tied for league lead in Drops

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Juke99;1210317 said:
Owens is what he is...a big play receiver who's gonna drop a lot of passes...

He brings a play making element to the game that the defense has to concern itself with...

That's a good thing.

But he's always gonna have drops.

Catching 8 or 9 passes out of 10 per game is NOT ALOT of drops...

SaintsFanMan

Reaction score
TO leads the league in drops? Who does he think he is?

Well Dallas fans, the Saints WRs don't drop many passes. That's a fact.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
abersonc;1210461 said:
I want to know about actual drops -- there doesn't seem to be a real statistic on that. What I see now is the "if he's making so much money he should be able to catch that" statistic.

For example, on Thanksgiving, FOX credited him with three drops. At least one was a poor pass that he didn't even get a hand on because it was thrown at his feet.

He does drop passes -- but he is getting credited with some because of reputation. But, hey, it gives the announcers something negative to talk about.

You hit the nail on the head with this post.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Wood;1210318 said:
its reliable and its a problem. I watched all of TO games with the Eagles and I dont remember so many drops. TO has gotten hit hard a few times earlier this season and it appears he is looking for the defender before he secures the ball (you know...he is hearing foot steps). His hands are fine...its his mind thats crossing him up.

I think the broken finger has some part in all this as well...

David

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1210493 said:
Don't bring facts or logic into this.

Granted... I am of the Gordon Gecko school of thought... "greed is good" LOL
I want to TO to catch every ball and some were more crucial than others... but some were poorly thrown or not catchable or were defended away in a one or two instances... so the 11 drops? should prob be 8 or so.... u figure if he drops 1 per game in 10 attempts then he will average 16 drops or so... he is getting the ball more than others in the league

All I ask is that he drop a less important ball... how about on first down only :D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dbair1967;1210520 said:
I think the broken finger has some part in all this as well...

David

I have to say... some of the drops have nothing to do with the broken finger IMO... for instance the drop in Washington for the TD..... TO simply pulled his hands/arms back to his body TOO Soon....had nothing to do with bad hands or fingers.... he just compressed too soon... other times... he is thinking about RAC/YAC and TD celebrations....

I still expect a MONSTER game from this guy

charlieheel

Reaction score
SaintsFanMan;1210484 said:
TO leads the league in drops? Who does he think he is?

Well Dallas fans, the Saints WRs don't drop many passes. That's a fact.
You must have not watch your Saints against Pittsburgh because your receivers cost you that game.

silver

Reaction score
adbutcher;1210292 said:
I guess because it is TO people fail to remember that he is playing with a metal plate and screws in his hand. Couple this with the fact that TO never hand the best of hands will surely lead to drops. I guess bashing TO is just too easy instead of seeing the situation for what it is.

i'm sure it still bothers him. but the man is not going to acknowledge it until after the season. the minute a rival finds out your hurting they go out of their way to make you feel it. just ask tiki.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
silver;1210569 said:
i'm sure it still bothers him. but the man is not going to acknowledge it until after the season. the minute a rival finds out your hurting they go out of their way to make you feel it. just ask tiki.

I'll defend the drops (or him getting credit for too many) -- but the hand should not be an excuse at this point. It has been 12 weeks since he broke it. By all accounts, those are pretty fast healing bones.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
adbutcher;1210292 said:
I guess because it is TO people fail to remember that he is playing with a metal plate and screws in his hand. Couple this with the fact that TO never hand the best of hands will surely lead to drops. I guess bashing TO is just too easy instead of seeing the situation for what it is.

Great post ....... but idiots will never listen to the truth ...........

AmericasTeam

Reaction score
Hey I am a Terrel fan...along with Romo he played in the OVC and i went to school in the OVC...I meant for this thread to be nothing more than a joke because of all the slack Terrel has takem for drops...."Little T learns to catch"