Terrence Steele Concerns

exciter

Reaction score
There is a reason Collins would have been a 1st round pick that became an UDFA and Steele was always an UDFA.

You do not lose 2 starters on the OL and do nothing to upgrade and expect miracle play from a new group of OL. This is the NFL and not Fantasy Football.
It remains to be seen if he would have actually been a 1st round pick, as the draft process progressed and teams took a more in depth look at his film. I think many LSU fans would have snickered at any thing higher than a 3rd as he was consistently inconsistent here. He would dominate in a nationally televised game one week and the get repeatedly beaten by a scrub from east western north Kentucky the next. Every other call on the Wednesday night LSU radio show were people wanting to bench him for laziness. Still believe he was one of the strongest bust possibilities in that draft!

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Well, let's put it this way, there's only 1 person on the Oline without concerns.

Just wondering, is it the players or OL coach(s)?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
That was before Dak injury and his severe regression the rest of the year.Zeke injury had nothing to do w/ it either.With a struggling QB and injured RB, of course the running game will suffer.

The coaches thought Steele was better, particularly for the money, which is why they let Collins walk.

I agree with them.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Last year we witnessed a hidden gem in Steele. I'm not sure if it had to do with competition making him play better (Collins) or he really worked that hard to get better in the off season.

So far in camp I'm not sure he's looked that good. I know the season hasn't started, but is anyone concerned? God forbid the bad snaps mostly came against #11 and we know how terrible #11 is (ha ha). But is hunger still the same, I hope he builds off last season. Give me your thoughts
Well, he is still playing for a big second contract
So he should be motivated

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Last year we witnessed a hidden gem in Steele. I'm not sure if it had to do with competition making him play better (Collins) or he really worked that hard to get better in the off season.

So far in camp I'm not sure he's looked that good. I know the season hasn't started, but is anyone concerned? God forbid the bad snaps mostly came against #11 and we know how terrible #11 is (ha ha). But is hunger still the same, I hope he builds off last season. Give me your thoughts

hes fine.

Hes the reason Collins gets to end his career in Ohio.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
The coaches thought Steele was better, particularly for the money, which is why they let Collins walk.

I agree with them.
$ was the main factor.Certainly wasn’t a talent issue.If coaches actually thought TS was better, then they’re not qualified to coach Pop Warner.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
$ was the main factor.Certainly wasn’t a talent issue.If coaches actually thought TS was better, then they’re not qualified to coach Pop Warner.

Nah, Steele is younger, works harder, is less injury prone, and is much smarter than Collins.

Collins had one good year, 2019, but was otherwise a major disappointment.

Easy choice.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Nah, Steele is younger, works harder, is less injury prone, and is much smarter than Collins.

Collins had one good year, 2019, but was otherwise a major disappointment.

Easy choice.
Still 3 times more talented.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Been "concerned" for 3 years....:popcorn:

erod

Reaction score
I am. Undrafted guys very seldom go on to be starting Olineman in the NFL. He just isn't a starter. Plus it is becoming more clear that Philbin is not doing a good job. I still hope that Ball or a camp casualty OT is the answer at RT. I would say Smith but I am sure he is going to be moving to LT at some time.
Nate Newton
Mark Tuinei
John Gesek
Kevin Gogan

SackMaster

Reaction score
I'm not the biggest Terrence Steele fan, but considering who he faced last year and how well he played, he earned the benefit of the doubt until games start.

Make no mistake, I will be just as upset as anyone if Steele returns to 2020 Steele.

But considering it seemed like every week to start of the 2021 season there was a thread with a title like: "<player> will destroy Steele and cause the Boys to lose against <team>" and yet it never happened.

Shoot, I remember the Anti-Dak crowd loving the idea of Bosa destroying Dak in Week 2 only for Bosa to be a complete non-factor in the game.

Not saying it was ALL Steele, but he was pulling his weight when he played last year and never had a "Chaz Green"-like game. Can't say that about everyone.

So he's earned the right to start this year and hopefully he does his job again in 2022.

JMHO

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Steele has not looked good camp whatsoever. Getting beaten regularly in pass protection. And backup or swing tackle is a real question, w/Josh Ball the presumptive leader for that job. He also has been jobbed by the admittedly good looking pass rush.

It’s likely the final answer here is not yet on the roster.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He played fine last year in all of the games he started. I have no worries at this point and I'm sure he will be at least close to adequate.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Steele was adequate. Collins was better. I don't understand why people thought or think otherwise.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

If there is one thing Steele is it is a hard worker. He will get the most out of himself and has received the most bonus money the past 2 seasons because of his hard work and dedication. I really don't think he will be a weak link at RT.

CoachD

Reaction score
Nope, not concerned. He’ll be fine. Collins was a fat tub of goo and is still up to his old ways in Cincy as we speak.
I was thinking the same thing I think this kid is only going to get better.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

I would not worry about Steele yet. But i still don't have any confidence or trust in Philbin at all. The OL as a whole also gives me the shakes. Dak better put on extra large shoulder pads, flak jacket, double knee braces, hip pads, thick elbow pads, and wear a motorcycle helmet instead. He is in for let's say, an exciting season, like dodging oncoming traffic on I-20.