Terry Glenn question?

tunahelper

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can recall a WR missing an entire season and then playing in the playoffs?

I could not remember this happening before.

Also how effective was the WR if someone remembers.

Thanks

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Got me. But we got away with one here. Usually if a player is going to miss more than 6 weeks, they start considering him for the I-R. Even if Glenn doesn't play a down, the fact that Dallas was able to get away with him missing the entire year is pretty remarkable.

YAKUZA

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What I'm thinking is that even though Glenn has not played, he also has not just started practicing in the last week or so. I would bet that he has been well enough to at least practice running routes if nothing more than with the practice squad.

Also, if you have seen recent pics of him he's is sweating like a dog which means that he's not only working out, but running alot also.

AND, I would bet that the coaches and Romo may have stayed after practice with Glenn to get their act togeather timing wise.

If Glenn plays against the Panthers we will get a guage of where he is at, and then, remember, he will have at least two more games to show what he can do...the Skins and the first home field game....after that? Who know...he might be the Cowboys saviour if they make the NFC champ game and the SuperBowl.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed because when Terry is on, he is on!!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Terry didn't make the trip to Carolina. He's not playing. I heard it today on Sirius NFL channel.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cajuncowboy;1848644 said:
Terry didn't make the trip to Carolina. He's not playing. I heard it today on Sirius NFL channel.

Thanks, Cajun...

Well, that might not be BAD news because if the Cowboys may not need him this game, and maybe not the Commander game....

That just gives him a little more time to get ready for the big picture, if the Cowboys can get there...

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

Reaction score
I believe it's time to move on with this Glenn hope... I believe Dallas will go after another big time WR.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ThreeSportStar80;1848698 said:
I believe it's time to move on with this Glenn hope... I believe Dallas will go after another big time WR.

You mean before the end of the season?

:rolleyes:

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score

I think it depends entirely on the scope of his injury. He surprised me when he came in from Green Bay with some gas in the tank. I'm not going to write him off as empty just yet.

5Stars;1848702 said:
You mean before the end of the season?

:rolleyes:

:)

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score

Exactly. Glenn has to work within the Romo offense, and so far, he has not. How can Glenn expect to go into the playoffs, and have his timing down with Romo? Why would Garrett trust Glenn in the offense during the playoffs, when Crayton and Hurd have carried the load into the playoffs?

I suspect Glenn might be used only in 3 receiver or 4 receiver sets, and perhaps only as a decoy, un less it becomes a desperation act to try and get him the ball.

Glenn will be in South Beach next fall.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
FLcowboy;1848776 said:
Exactly. Glenn has to work within the Romo offense, and so far, he has not. How can Glenn expect to go into the playoffs, and have his timing down with Romo? Why would Garrett trust Glenn in the offense during the playoffs, when Crayton and Hurd have carried the load into the playoffs?

I suspect Glenn might be used only in 3 receiver or 4 receiver sets, and perhaps only as a decoy, un less it becomes a desperation act to try and get him the ball.

Crayton and Hurd have been alright but nothing close to what Glenn could provide. If I'm wade, I wouldn't hesitate to throw Glenn out there. They have played together before and Glenn is out there in practice running and catching a few balls now.

Reaction score
FLcowboy;1848776 said:

That might be a long shot possibility...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Well guys this may be a pipe dream but this is how I expect this to play out.

Glenn will come back for the playoffs. Maybe get a series or two in the skins game. Work with Romo over the next two weeks to get their timing down. Then be in our 3 WR set.

Then after the season he will be released and we will go after a guy like Fitzgerald from Arizona. We may also very well draft a WR in either the first round if we don't trade up or the second round with the idea of taking TOs spot in a year or two after that.

I reserve judgment to change my mind on this as things unfold however. :D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;1848842 said:
Well guys this may be a pipe dream but this is how I expect this to play out.

Glenn will come back for the playoffs. Maybe get a series or two in the skins game. Work with Romo over the next two weeks to get their timing down. Then be in our 3 WR set.

Then after the season he will be released and we will go after a guy like Fitzgerald from Arizona. We may also very well draft a WR in either the first round if we don't trade up or the second round with the idea of taking TOs spot in a year or two after that.

I reserve judgment to change my mind on this as things unfold however. :D
I think that is an excellent plan and right on the :money:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Even if they can work TG back onto the field before the playoffs start - I expect a bit player. Glenn can provide a field-stretching presence at WR... but only in spot duty.

IMO,there is no way he will start over Crayton unless the injury bug bites or a miracle occurs - and TG vacuums up every ball thrown his way, completely void of tentativeness, from jump. Which isn't bloody likely. Dallas will likely go to Hurd or Austin to start opposite TO before they throw Glenn fully into the fray.

There's just no substitute for the day-to-day work over the course of the five months comprising the pre- and regular seasons.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I'm not certain this has any relevance, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I had a dream that Terry Glenn plays this week and has a big game.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;1849036 said:
I'm not certain this has any relevance, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I had a dream that Terry Glenn plays this week and has a big game.
Unlikely since he didn't make the trip.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1848780 said:
Crayton and Hurd have been alright but nothing close to what Glenn could provide. If I'm wade, I wouldn't hesitate to throw Glenn out there. They have played together before and Glenn is out there in practice running and catching a few balls now.

Exactly....

If Crayton and Hurd were doing such a bang-bang job then the Cowboys would have given up on Glenn weeks ago.

If he could simply just take a DB and a Safety deep away from the LOS.... its a WIN right there.... who knows he might catch a ball or two in the process.

Imagine Glenn and TO running deep routes.... then the running game and Witten can have a ball.... literally

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Austin Austin Austin Austin!!!!! Do you guys really think Glenn can comeback now and operate in Romo's timing patterns? It took him and TO 2 years to get it right. I hope I'm wrong and he shocks the world with brilliance but I seriously doubt it...