Terry Glenn question?

joseephuss

Reaction score
I just figured it out. Instead of choosing to put Glenn on IR, Dallas kept Glenn on the roster forcing them to cut Matt Moore. Now Moore is leading the formidable Panthers' offense and Glenn still is not playing. Brilliant move.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tunahelper;1848603 said:
I was wondering if anyone can recall a WR missing an entire season and then playing in the playoffs?

I could not remember this happening before.

Also how effective was the WR if someone remembers.

Thanks
Pretty narrow window you've opened there. Here's your criteria...

1. WR, no other position.
2. Playoff team.
3. Misses entire season.
4. Plays in the playoffs.
5. Is effective doing it.

I could probably give you an example if it weren't for that WR only thing. :D

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
ELDudearino;1849162 said:
Austin Austin Austin Austin!!!!! Do you guys really think Glenn can comeback now and operate in Romo's timing patterns? It took him and TO 2 years to get it right. I hope I'm wrong and he shocks the world with brilliance but I seriously doubt it...

IMO Glenn is a professional and he knows the offense not to mention he and Romo have played together before so therefore timing shouldn't be a question. All Glenn has to do is find those soft spots in the defenses and Romo will find him. It appears the Cowboys are set to keep him off the field until the playoffs for purposes of allowing him to get more confidence in his knee.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hostile;1849316 said:
Pretty narrow window you've opened there. Here's your criteria...

1. WR, no other position.
2. Playoff team.
3. Misses entire season.
4. Plays in the playoffs.
5. Is effective doing it.

I could probably give you an example if it weren't for that WR only thing. :D

Yep and that example would be Rod Woodson.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
joseephuss;1849338 said:
Yep and that example would be Rod Woodson.
I have another too, for the Cowboys on a Super Bowl winner too, but to be honest I don't remember if he played a little bit in the regular season. It was a long time ago, but I want to say he didn't, or that if he did it was very limited.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hostile;1849341 said:
I have another too, for the Cowboys on a Super Bowl winner too, but to be honest I don't remember if he played a little bit in the regular season. It was a long time ago, but I want to say he didn't, or that if he did it was very limited.

Jackie Smith? No, they didn't win it that year. I am intrigued. Who was it?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
joseephuss;1852402 said:
Jackie Smith? No, they didn't win it that year. I am intrigued. Who was it?
1971, Tony Liscio at OT, who filled in for Ralph Neely after he broke his foot riding motorcycles with Cliff Harris, Charlie Waters, Mike Ditka, and Walt Garrison.

They told Landry they were horseback riding and a snake spooked Rotten's (Neely's team nickname) horse. The way Walt tells it they had Neely and his broken cycle in the back of a truck bouncing down the road and he wa screaming and they were more concerned about not getting in trouble with Landry than they were about their friend.

:laugh2:

The way Garrison's book reads, he did not play until the playoffs. I could be wrong, but that is the impression I always got from reading the story.

burmafrd

Reaction score
No, Tony Liscio played about half the season. Read Steve Perkins book "The Drive to Win". Its all about the 71 season and gives lots of background on a lot of the players. Best book I have ever seen about a cowboy season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
burmafrd;1852430 said:
No, Tony Liscio played about half the season. Read Steve Perkins book "The Drive to Win". Its all about the 71 season and gives lots of background on a lot of the players. Best book I have ever seen about a cowboy season.
As I said, I am not at all certain.

Thanks.