Terry Labonte can win the Heisman...

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Labonte gets Heisman if he wins Daytona 500: Roger Staubach gave a speech to his new NASCAR team [#96 Hall of Fame Racing/DLP Chevy] last week in Charlotte. He was trying to pump up his charges for the daunting task at hand. Driver Terry Labonte wasn't at the shop that day. Staubach already dangled a special prize to his famous driver. "I told Terry if he wins the Daytona 500 next month, I'll give him my Heisman trophy," Staubach said. Labonte, racing his final Cup season, will drive seven races for the new team – the first five events and the two road-course races. Tony Raines will drive the other 29 Cup events. Using Labonte, a two-time Cup champion, is a smart move. It assures the team of making the field no matter how they qualify. Labonte has an automatic starting spot as a former champion. The plan is for Labonte to earn enough points in the first five races to guarantee Raines a starting spot every week. The top 35 teams in points are assured of making the 43-car field.(in part from the Dallas Morning News)(1-31-2006)

www.jayski.com

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
Labonte gets Heisman if he wins Daytona 500: Roger Staubach gave a speech to his new NASCAR team [#96 Hall of Fame Racing/DLP Chevy] last week in Charlotte. He was trying to pump up his charges for the daunting task at hand. Driver Terry Labonte wasn't at the shop that day. Staubach already dangled a special prize to his famous driver. "I told Terry if he wins the Daytona 500 next month, I'll give him my Heisman trophy," Staubach said. Labonte, racing his final Cup season, will drive seven races for the new team – the first five events and the two road-course races. Tony Raines will drive the other 29 Cup events. Using Labonte, a two-time Cup champion, is a smart move. It assures the team of making the field no matter how they qualify. Labonte has an automatic starting spot as a former champion. The plan is for Labonte to earn enough points in the first five races to guarantee Raines a starting spot every week. The top 35 teams in points are assured of making the 43-car field.(in part from the Dallas Morning News)(1-31-2006)

www.jayski.com

I'm excited about this NASCAR season that is about to start and will be pulling for Hall Of Fame racing as well as my normal favorite Earnhardt

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Not really a racing fan but I go to a couple of races a year because it's a great time and comp tickets. Now I finally have an answer for all the NASCAR buffs when they ask me my driver.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Labonte is a good choice to start out with. He will do his best to bring the car home in one piece.

Oh and Dooms http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/bash_a_nascar_jr.gif

:laugh2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Can you bet on NASCAR Races?

Exacta's? Trifecta's like horse racing? Or just on winning driver?

Thanks!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Nors said:
Can you bet on NASCAR Races?

Exacta's? Trifecta's like horse racing? Or just on winning driver?

Thanks!
I would think so but since they run a race in LV maybe not.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I've never heard on NASCAR gambling - I'll look it up at Vegas online.