Age / DOB: (31) / 1/24/1987
Ht / Wt: 6'3' / 250
College: USC
Drafted: 2009 / Rd. 1 (15) / HOU
Contract:

FA.png

LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS

Texans informed ILB Brian Cushing of his release.
Cushing became an afterthought in Houston due to a PED suspension and the improved play of second-year linebackers Zach Cunningham and Dylan Cole. By releasing Cushing, the Texans will save $7.64 million. Cushing isn't nearly the same player he was once following multiple PED bans, but he is likely to resurface. New Titans coach Mike Vrabel coached Cushing in Houston, and Tennessee may lose ILB Avery Williamson in free agency. Feb 18 - 7:33 PM
Source: John McClain on Twitter

RS12

Reaction score
A steroid creation who is always hurt. Remake the LB corps in the draft.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
A steroid creation who is always hurt. Remake the LB corps in the draft.

Oh I agree but if we lose Hitchen, I'm pretty they're signing a bridge/stop gap vet AND drafting his potential replacement.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Quick somebody post bloody Cushing face smashing gif...:laugh:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I looked at the thread title and saw Brain Crushing which is a great description for Cushing

I would take him on any team of mine.......except the Debate Team

410LhMlUNfL.jpg

Mr_437

Reaction score
Vet minimum. Backup LB/Core ST'er. Oh, DAL can draft a guy to do that, much cheaper too.

yentl911

Reaction score
If he can take steroids to compete then yes but we know that's not possible. Less than average without the juice.

Reactions: BAT

John813

Reaction score
Probably will find a small deal from some 3-4 team that missed out on a LB they coveted in the draft.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Probably will find a small deal from some 3-4 team that missed out on a LB they coveted in the draft.
Yes. Probably a 3-4 team. But at a low cost, would he be better than D. Wilson as an SLB?

Since we will almost defintely lose Hitchens, we will need to get a LB in the draft, but I bet we also pick up a vet bridge player to cover our bases before the draft. Would Cushing be that bridge?

John813

Reaction score
Yes. Probably a 3-4 team. But at a low cost, would he be better than D. Wilson as an SLB?

Since we will almost defintely lose Hitchens, we will need to get a LB in the draft, but I bet we also pick up a vet bridge player to cover our bases before the draft. Would Cushing be that bridge?

I just have to wonder how fast and good he is now. Early 30's, multiple PED suspensions and he does have an injury history.
I mean if he is willing to sign for dirt cheap, I don't see the harm in that. But he would also have to be willing to be a STer

Pape

Reaction score
I'd take him. His soon to be shriveled steroid deprived corpse would still be better than 8/10ths of the Pats linebacker corps.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Vet minimum. Backup LB/Core ST'er. Oh, DAL can draft a guy to do that, much cheaper too.

I wouldn't mind it that way. I wouldn't give him starting money. Though, I think he and Lee could be a good duo as long as he's healthy.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact that everyone associated with the Texans wasn't surprised when he got suspended and now saw this coming should tell you guys something.