Texas A&M Aggies getting stronger!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
What a showing the Aggies put on in Stillwater, OK. Oklahoma State scheduled the Aggies for their homecoming and got dominated and whipped the whole game, 36-20. Really wasn't even that close. :D

I sure love how Coach Fran has turned this young group around. Going to be a fun year in Aggieland! :)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I admit, I thought we were going to have another year like last season after the season opening loss but damn do those Aggies look good now. Nice to see McNeal finally becoming the QB we all thought he could be after that freshman year! We're going to be on the coaches poll next week after this win! I can't wait for the Oklahoma game! GIG EM!!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Can you imagine #1, 8-0 OU coming into a top 15, 7-1 Aggie Team with the big 12 south lead on the line? What a game that would be.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BrownSugar's cuz had a nice game too...

Those Aggies look really good...

I take all the credit for McNeal's success as he played HS ball at the same HS I did... :D

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Can't believe the Aggies are not going to be televised when Colorado comes to Kyle Field. They televised that lame Missouri/Colorado game on ABC, so why not the Aggies? Oh well. I will catch the highlights.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Did you catch the game on TV Fletch? I would have liked to have seen it. OT victory. Reggie McNeal once again has a great day. And the hits keep on rolling! :cool: Oklahoma and tu, you're next!

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Did you catch the game on TV Fletch? I would have liked to have seen it. OT victory. Reggie McNeal once again has a great day. And the hits keep on rolling! :cool: Oklahoma and tu, you're next!

You struggled and BARELY pulled out a win on your home field against Colorado (need I REMIND you this team is not even ranked). That excites you? That says to you. Wow! This team is awesome.

Yes. I am still scratching my head over that myself.

Boomer !

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas said:
You struggled and BARELY pulled out a win on your home field against Colorado (need I REMIND you this team is not even ranked). That excites you? That says to you. Wow! This team is awesome.

Yes. I am still scratching my head over that myself.

Boomer !

Shrug it off all you want. As I recall, a much less impressive 2002 Aggie team led by the rookie Reggie McNeal, upset your number one ranked Sooners on Kyle Field. Welcome back to our home. We've missed you. :cool:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Shrug it off all you want. As I recall, a much less impressive 2002 Aggie team led by the rookie Reggie McNeal, upset your number one ranked Sooners on Kyle Field. Welcome back to our home. We've missed you. :cool:

LOL The OU fan is just not liking the Aggie's success. It's okay, we'll get to see first hand how much the Sooners will struggle at Kyle Field. ;)

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Fletch said:
LOL The OU fan is just not liking the Aggie's success. It's okay, we'll get to see first hand how much the Sooners will struggle at Kyle Field. ;)

DUDE spare us please ??? My GOD!!! Struggle? COLOFREAKINRADO almost beat you on your home field.

Nobody is aying OU is going to walk the Aggies AGAIN. But I certainly dont see it being some shootout like you folks are suggesting.

Reaction score
Dallas said:

Gee, that's funny, when it's the #2 ranked team in the nation, and they do the exact same thing in consecutive weeks against unranked ops, it's all good.

I won't even MENTION the "greatest freshman RB in history" ending a half w/ 20-something yards on dbl-digit carries for the 2nd straight week against those "power house" defenses.

Heisman my ***!!

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Gee, that's funny, when it's the #2 ranked team in the nation, and they do the exact same thing in consecutive weeks against unranked ops, it's all good.

I won't even MENTION the "greatest freshman RB in history" ending a half w/ 20-something yards on dbl-digit carries for the 2nd straight week against those "power house" defenses.

Heisman my ***!!

The Aggies have plenty of room on its bandwagon for your UT fans. Get hold of each other and hold on tight.

You noticed how KS and KANSAS both set out to stop AD. They did until White was killing them through the air. Then the 2nd half was where AD shined. In both games need I remind you. They sure were a better run D than what Texas rolled out at the RRS. That was some insane yardage he rolled up on your Horns. :p

Your boy Benson hardly even makes a blip on anyones Heisman list so far. I see AD is still #1 on most lists. Funny how everyone thinks hes still the best and you are here with your hate for him trying to degrade him anyway you can. Its funny. Why? Its not working. A reason your hate continues maybe?

Your jealousy of AD and the OU program speaks loudly. :D We hear it loud and clear Pokey.

Too bad your weak program didnt show up at the RRS. The Aggies will at least give OU a run for its money. Aggies being more balanced probably has something to do with that.

BTW. Lets not forget both those teams you talk about had 8-9 guys in the box at all times. That is until they had to back off because the 4 TD's White was throwing was taking them completely out of its gameplan. I dont have to go through this tho because I know you. I know you know what they were doing. You also know they had to respect White after he was killing them. Once they did then AD had room to run ....which he did in the 2nd half.

So at 7 games he is over 1000 yards. The only other freshmen to do that are Emmitt Smith and Marshall Faulk. Pretty good company to be in. Dont ya think?

Reaction score
Dallas said:
Then the 2nd half was where AD shined. In both games need I remind you.

Actually, it wasn't until the FORTH QUARTER, when OU was up 18, that your hero got to the high-side of 30 yards. 'Course, this prob slipped by you, what w/ being busy in the drum section of that bandwagon. (BTW, what year did you attend that university, I forgot again?

Must be tough, puttin' up meaningfull, yards early against those unranked defenses??

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Actually, it wasn't until the FORTH QUARTER, when OU was up 18, that your hero got to the high-side of 30 yards. 'Course, this prob slipped by you, what w/ being busy in the drum section of that bandwagon. (BTW, what year did you attend that university, I forgot again?

Must be tough, puttin' up meaningfull, yards early against those unranked defenses??

Hate Hate Hate !!! Its all good bro. Still I find it odd how you say basically he hasnt done anything but all these people have him at the top of the Heisman hopeful lists. Can you explain to me why that is? I guess alot of this comes from him shunning his home state and the Horns and going to play for "that other U" up North. I can see why you dont like the kid. Denial is a hard thing for a man to swaller.

Oh BTW. I never went to OU. Ive just been a fan of the team since birth. My spirit and fandom runs as deep as my love for the Cowboys.

I was just a fortunate Okie son. Born and raised in the SouthEaster corner. We still have over 1000 acres of leased farm land there. Lots of family still reside there and in Tulsa, Claremore, Enid, McAlester and in Norman. Just my roots. Thats all.

Reaction score
Dallas said:
Hate Hate Hate !!! Its all good bro. Still I find it odd how you say basically he hasnt done anything but all these people have him at the top of the Heisman hopeful lists. Can you explain to me why that is? I guess alot of this comes from him shunning his home state and the Horns and going to play for "that other U" up North. I can see why you dont like the kid.

Nope, you're putting words in my mouth. Trust me, "hate" never enters my vocabulary when it comes to something is trivial as sports. And you're right, I am basically saying "he hasn't done anything," because he basically hasn't.

I've never denied that he's a talented freshman, he'll potentially have a top-tier career.

But hyping him as a Heisman front-runner based primarily on the Texas game, while discounting the glaring fact that against consecutive unranked opponents he doesn't amass yardage early in the game when it really counts, is ludicrous.

It's the same thing that you, and a myriad of others around the country keep bringing up in regards to Cedric Benson, in the same breath that you discount him as overhyped. You can't have it both ways!

And you're right by the way, I do harbor a grudge and ill feelings towards Peterson because of his choice to abandon his home state. Not because I think that's not his right, certainly hundreds of talented others before him have done the same, and will again. But more so because of the BS statements he made to the press regarding him being overlooked and "treated poorly" by UT staff. I know firsthand how the university operates regarding recruiting, and the bottom line is he went to the highest bidder, PERIOD!

Roughneck

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
If we beat OU it will be time for tu fans to hop on the Aggie bandwagon.
But when it comes time for the annual aggy beatdown, everybody will hop right back on the tu (the university) bandwagon. Just like OU owns Texas, Texas owns A&M.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
But when it comes time for the annual aggy beatdown, everybody will hop right back on the tu (the university) bandwagon. Just like OU owns Texas, Texas owns A&M.

Whos the only Texas team to beat OU the last 5 years? Oh, thats right...

Roughneck

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Whos the only Texas team to beat OU the last 5 years? Oh, thats right...
Yes, it is A&M. As I already stated, and as everybody in the College Football World knows by now, OU owns Texas. Just like Texas owns A&M. So, I guess if we're doing triangular theory, A&M should own OU. Yet, since Stoops arrival in Norman, A&M has the exact same number of wins against OU as Texas does (1). Perhaps that changes this weekend. I actually hope it does and A&M reels off several years of victories over OU. It would be nice to see A&M hold ownership over somebody besides Baylor.