Texas A&M beats Texas!!!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
In basketball at least :D

What a turnaround by A&M, from 17 straight losses to a 12-1 record and a win over #9 Texas :eek:

Kangaroo

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

What a turnaround by A&M, from 17 straight losses to a 12-1 record and a win over #9 Texas !:eek:
Amazing what a real coach can do and the talent he got to come to A&M

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

What a turnaround by A&M, from 17 straight losses to a 12-1 record and a win over #9 Texas :eek:
Proof that Melvin Watkins is the worst coach in history.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Well, things were JUST a little different in Austin Wednesday night... the Aggies put up an impressive FORTY points...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... payback is a... well, you know what it is...

How come you didn't mention anything about this more recent game, HH??

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Well, things were JUST a little different in Austin Wednesday night... the Aggies put up an impressive FORTY points...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... payback is a... well, you know what it is...

How come you didn't mention anything about this more recent game, HH??

Havent been paying attention have we :cool:

silverbear

Reaction score
Buckeye said:
He posted this in January...

Right... and since then, there has been another game played in the rivalry, one that had very different results... but for some strange reason, that didn't seem to merit discussion by our resident Aggie, LOL...

Not that I really mind, you understand, I think ol' HH is a good guy... I'm just messin' with him...

royhitshard

Reaction score
I think it was Texas that was picked to finish in the top 3 in the big 12...boy did they put in a good effort! :rolleyes:

Roughneck

Reaction score
royhitshard said:
I think it was Texas that was picked to finish in the top 3 in the big 12...boy did they put in a good effort! :rolleyes:
Yeah, it doesn't matter that Texas lost PJ Tucker (its' team leader) and LaMarcus Aldridge (perhaps as good of a Freshman as Gibson) for the entire season and has had to play with as few as 7 scholarship players in some games.

:rolleyes:

silverbear

Reaction score
Roughneck said:
Yeah, it doesn't matter that Texas lost PJ Tucker (its' team leader) and LaMarcus Aldridge (perhaps as good of a Freshman as Gibson) for the entire season and has had to play with as few as 7 scholarship players in some games.

:rolleyes:

Ain't no thing, Roughneck, just take a look at who's 15-0 and ranked NUMBAH ONE in the NCAA in baseball...

I'm also not gonna make excuses if Tucker was too freakin' stupid to keep his GPA up...

lzppjb

Reaction score
The University of Texas has a new policy for its athletes. By the end of their sophomore year, they have to have many more hours towards their major than before (I can't remember the exact number right now). It's pretty ridiculous that the athletes have to choose a major that early on and put that much work towards it so early. Most normal students don't even declare a major till their junior years. If they switch majors for whatever reason, they're up **** creek. We don't know the exact reason for PJ's academic ineligibility. This is one possibility. He may not have been making what they deem "acceptable progress" toward his degree.

Oh, Texas beat #10 Arizona in Tuscon tonight, 5-4. 16-0 and still #1 in the nation. :D

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Well, after that loss to Kansas State, I guess we ain't getting in the tourney.

It sure is strange seeing the maroon having a great year in college basketball. I'm not sure if I can cope with Texas A&M being in the Final Four Tournament. :p: Glad to see some real coaches have finally turned things around in College Station. I was one of the few who was mad at A&M for not bringing in Bobby Knight. A&M needed someone like that to turn the program around but I guess Billy Gillespie is the man. A&M is in the right direction in (as far as I'm concerned) the only two college sports that matter: football and baskeball. They've hired two fellas who rebounded small schools (TCU & UTEP) with no big time resources. Us Ags should have some exciting years in store.

Here's to hoping we get in next year!