Texas and Uga Sugar Bowl thread

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kirby is not that great of a coach

I think a lot of UGA fans would agree with you this morning. But, when you look at it, UGA is young. They lost all their star defensive players to the NFL last year and are rebuilding with some great recruiting classes. That said, Kirby has to do better even in meaningless bowl games. He was not prepared for Erlinger and seemed to have no idea how to contain the Texas QB or how to attack the Texas defense.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Fromm looks terrible. He's playing like he needs not one but TWO more years in school

He did look bad and I gotta say, I was shocked. I watched this kid take a better Alabama Defense apart, piece by piece. He had some bad drops on some money throws but he was missing and trying to make plays that weren't there all game. Night and day performances for sure. Texas shut down the run game and that was huge.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He did look bad and I gotta say, I was shocked. I watched this kid take a better Alabama Defense apart, piece by piece. He had some bad drops on some money throws but he was missing and trying to make plays that weren't there all game. Night and day performances for sure. Texas shut down the run game and that was huge.

It was one of the worst coached games i;ve seen from Kirby Smart. Not only did he not have his team excited to play, but he himself seemed unprepared. It was as if they hadn't bothered watching a whole lot of tape, looked at the 9-4 record, and figured they just had to show up.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score

He needs a run game to succeed. Some teams can get by without one. Not uga.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He needs a run game to succeed. Some teams can get by without one. Not uga.

I agree. A lot of their passing attack is set up off of a Pro Style Play Action scheme. When that's not working, it's harder but still, he missed some things that I've never seen him miss. He had a bad game and it wasn't just Texas stopping the run. He was off for sure.

JMO

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
I agree. A lot of their passing attack is set up off of a Pro Style Play Action scheme. When that's not working, it's harder but still, he missed some things that I've never seen him miss. He had a bad game and it wasn't just Texas stopping the run. He was off for sure.

JMO[/QUO

11 can ball