Texas Longhorns

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After years of coaching and not having any time to enjoy college football, I bought season tickets to the longhorns games. My wife is a UT alumn and she and my daughter are very excited. Any tips that will help us enjoy gamedays? Tailgating, arriving early, staying sober etc.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
After years of coaching and not having any time to enjoy college football, I bought season tickets to the longhorns games. My wife is a UT alumn and she and my daughter are very excited. Any tips that will help us enjoy gamedays? Tailgating, arriving early, staying sober etc.

Go early and hit the tailgates. Lots of good folks down there willing to share and enjoy the experience with you. I've been to a lot of college games over the years and the Horns fans tailgating are largely family-friendly...

I wish the stadium was nicer and more modern, but it is very large and rich in history. Don't expect to use your phone in there as the masses eat up the bandwith, but supposedly they have improved that for this year...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teach your wife and daughter to call the Hogs, they love that. And get yourself a Hog hat, I doubt your two ladies would wear one but you will look smashing in it and really stand out since the Hogs beat them the last time they were there. One of the last games the porking pretenders did win.

My son, who lives in Austin, and betrayed his Arkansas roots, was at that game in his Hog T surrounded by Longhorn fans. He didn't hold back, but stayed south of obnoxious Hog fan, and was calling me on his cell as the Hogs would go ahead. He said those were some of the nicest people he'd ever been around and actually congratulated him on the win.

He said there's some great tailgating there, better than in Fayetteville, where they go to sell family members. Tailgating at an Arkansas game is like a flea market for exchanging family members. Like Vegas, they have a place where the newly introduced can get married, Cousins' Chapel.

Have a great time and I have swallowed my inbred hate for all things Longhorn and actually like them. Any HC that blows bubbles on the sideline and kisses his players as they take the field is a must watch guy in my book.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teach your wife and daughter to call the Hogs, they love that. And get yourself a Hog hat, I doubt your two ladies would wear one but you will look smashing in it and really stand out since the Hogs beat them the last time they were there. One of the last games the porking pretenders did win.

My son, who lives in Austin, and betrayed his Arkansas roots, was at that game in his Hog T surrounded by Longhorn fans. He didn't hold back, but stayed south of obnoxious Hog fan, and was calling me on his cell as the Hogs would go ahead. He said those were some of the nicest people he'd ever been around and actually congratulated him on the win.

He said there's some great tailgating there, better than in Fayetteville, where they go to sell family members. Tailgating at an Arkansas game is like a flea market for exchanging family members. Like Vegas, they have a place where the newly introduced can get married, Cousins' Chapel.

Have a great time and I have swallowed my inbred hate for all things Longhorn and actually like them. Any HC that blows bubbles on the sideline and kisses his players as they take the field is a must watch guy in my book.
I spent a couple of days with Tom Herman a few years back. He showed me and my staff a good time and shared some good football knowledge. Good guy, I hope he is very successful!

gmoney112

Reaction score
I live in Austin so I usually go tailgate a few times a year. Especially if they play Tech at home (my alma mater)

Good times. Not as good as Lubbock, but still fun. Pretty diverse crowd with a lot of alums and just fans, in general, in the area.

Definitely some more "family friendly" spots as well.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Horns lost out to AtM for OT Kenyon Green. Green is the number one prospect in Texas, according to many. Good get for the Aggies.

However, Texas did have a pretty good weekend with Commits from Tyler Johnson 5* OT, Jared Wiley 3* TE, Jake Smith 4* WR and 2020 Commit Hudson Card 4* QB out of Lake Travis.