Texas Property Tax Protest

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck? I have my ARB hearing scheduling tomorrow. I am hoping they're reasonable.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I fought the law, and the law won. I feel like I got screwed, as the appraisal district used information and comparison software that they didn't make available before the hearing, which they're required to, by law. I referenced the law and stated that their evidence isn't valid, but the ARB didn't want to hear it.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I fought the law, and the law won. I feel like I got screwed, as the appraisal district used information and comparison software that they didn't make available before the hearing, which they're required to, by law. I referenced the law and stated that their evidence isn't valid, but the ARB didn't want to hear it.
* I get those yellow colored single page letters from the sheriff's dept. advising me that
" this letter serves as a warrant ,authorizing this dept. To seize & sell at auction the delinquent assessed property if payment is not made by such& such a date,,,no other notice shall be issued ",,,
yeah, that has never failed to force me in making an immediate alteration to my upcoming next day itinerary,,,o_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I want to move to Texas. Pros and cons ?
,,,er,,,oilWell, friend ,,,on that major flat land lizard (- minus) it's an virtual ceaselessly unendless expanse of soul dementia inducing terrain, providing ample visual evidence as to why them MEXICAN'S only put up&presented token claims to it's retention back around 1847,,,o_O

,,,er,,,oilwell,friend, on that major stud duck plain,,,it's got 10x's the visual surface quantities of accumulated bodies of water,,,both contained& flowing as compared to ARIZONA:rolleyes:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
vs where are you coming from?

vs where in Texas?

Couple of things before we start.
  • Probably the biggest reason not to move to Texas is that most of the people you have to deal with here will end up being your neighbors. (No turning that **** off and walking away. Let that sink in for a second)
  • If you're moving to DFW, the traffic sucks
  • Fat people
  • Guys with little things and BIG TRUCKS.

paladin

Reaction score
Neither pro nor con:
Due to migration of all sorts it's becoming less unique of a state.
Very little regulation on businesses, wacky zoning laws

Pro's
No state income tax
Great cuisine- I go months w/o ever eating any chain food.
Cheap gas
Relatively cheap housing (rapidly changing)
You'll probably never have to shovel snow again.

Cons
Property tax is unreal
Driving to another city is generally a 3 hour process
It's a border state
Hurricanes, ice storms or tornadoes, the state is diverse when it comes to weather, There just a small area in Central Texas that doesn't experience those 3, but it floods & come summer all of TX broils.
Outside of Central TX and the eastern forests it's not that pretty.... but that's subjective
You'll never make another snowfort

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neither pro nor con:
Due to migration of all sorts it's becoming less unique of a state.
Very little regulation on businesses, wacky zoning laws

Pro's
No state income tax
Great cuisine- I go months w/o ever eating any chain food.
Cheap gas
Relatively cheap housing (rapidly changing)
You'll probably never have to shovel snow again.

Cons
Property tax is unreal
Driving to another city is generally a 3 hour process
It's a border state
Hurricanes, ice storms or tornadoes, the state is diverse when it comes to weather, There just a small area in Central Texas that doesn't experience those 3, but it floods & come summer all of TX broils.
Outside of Central TX and the eastern forests it's not that pretty.... but that's subjective
You'll never make another snowfort
The problem is many of these pros and cons are dependent on where a person lives in the state.

Them

Reaction score

...Pro....Dallas Cowboys...Con...other people!...
C9WJyOg.jpg