Texas Rangers Thread

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
DFWJC;3894552 said:
Thinking about going.

Be prepared to pay an arm and leg for a ticket. The scalpers are goo.g to make a killing.

DFWJC

Reaction score
WDN;3894559 said:
Be prepared to pay an arm and leg for a ticket. The scalpers are goo.g to make a killing.
Yeah. I checked out the prices and it's pretty steep. In fact, someone said on the radio yesterday that average secondary market sales prices for Rangers tickets so far are 3rd in the major leagues right now behind the Yankess and Red Sox. We'll see how long that lasts.

Stautner

Reaction score
WDN;3894559 said:

They haven't allowed scalpers in Arlington for several years now - just Stub Hub and that kind of thing. But yes, it will be pricey.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
Stautner;3894939 said:
They haven't allowed scalpers in Arlington for several years now - just Stub Hub and that kind of thing. But yes, it will be pricey.

And they haven't sold drugs in arlington either....

Stautner

Reaction score
WDN;3894978 said:
And they haven't sold drugs in arlington either....

So, you know where to find the underground scalp houses in the bad part of town that are smuggling tickets across the border from Mexico?

Of course there are ways to find tickets 2nd hand, but I'm referring to someone going to the game expecting to find scalpers. That aint there. If you have any experience attending Ranger games you will know this was once an accepted practice and you could find scalpers up and down the streets leading to the park. That is no longer the case. You may be able to find tickets advertised in the news paper, and I'm sure there are some sleaze balls a person could find if they looked hard enough, but like I said, the best chance of finding tickets is 2nd hand marketers ike Stub Hub and others.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Two sides of a coin already:

Julio Borbon has already made an error...that took all of one at bat for that to happen. The Red Sox scored an unearned run.

Good news is that Kinsler hit a homer on the Rangers 1st at bat of the season.

Stautner

Reaction score
DFWJC;3895423 said:
Two sides of a coin already:

Julio Borbon has already made an error...that took all of one at bat for that to happen. The Red Sox scored an unearned run.

Good news is that Kinsler hit a homer on the Rangers 1st at bat of the season.

Borbon isn't going to last a the everyday centerfielder. As usual the team will eventually reach the conclusion that David Murphy needs to be in the lineup. The only thing Borbon has over Murphy is pure speed, and even with that Murphy is just a good at going after balls because he gets a better jump. Murphy has a better glove and dramatically stronger arm too, and is a better hitter in terms of both average and power. Essentially Borbon is only better as a base stealer.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
*sigh* Accidently slept through the game, glad the Rangers came through though.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Great season opener. Borbon's act is old, Murphy has always outperformed, time for him to be the everyday player.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3895708 said:
Great season opener. Borbon's act is old, Murphy has always outperformed, time for him to be the everyday player.

I love Hamilton in center except for the fact that he always injuries himself out there. He is a far better center fielder than Borbon. All he needs to do is learn to protect himself better and you toss Borbon.

Give me Murphy in left, Hamilton in center, and Nellie in right. Have Moreland your 4th outfielder if needed.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;3895859 said:
I love Hamilton in center except for the fact that he always injuries himself out there. He is a far better center fielder than Borbon. All he needs to do is learn to protect himself better and you toss Borbon.

Give me Murphy in left, Hamilton in center, and Nellie in right. Have Moreland your 4th outfielder if needed.

Hamilton gives 110% in the field so asking him to protect himself isnt going to work. We just need to have smarter play in the outfield and that way we can extend his career by keeping him in left field.

I have been a Borbon backer for awhile and even I am starting to waiver on him as the answer. They will probably give him some more time but he should be on a short leash. Almost ready to see Beltre out there.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
WDN;3895891 said:
I have been a Borbon backer for awhile and even I am starting to waiver on him as the answer. They will probably give him some more time but he should be on a short leash. Almost ready to see Beltre out there.

I have too. The guy has the ability to be a great center fielder, but he is always an error waiting to happen. Maybe the guy needs glasses or something. :bang2:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
nyc;3895908 said:
I have too. The guy has the ability to be a great center fielder, but he is always an error waiting to happen. Maybe the guy needs glasses or something. :bang2:

I think at this point its just mental. But he needs to be hitting as well. I always liked Gentry.