Texas Stadium a Target

dallasblue05

Reaction score
I just heard on ESPN 790 in Houston that Texas Stadium was discovered to be a target in the investigation of the 9/11 attacks. God knows I am glad that didnt happen (it was bad enough as it was), but it raises a question in my mind. How safe do we really feel at a game? Sure you arent really thinking about it, but how good is the security? It doesnt take a lot for a plane to fly over a stadium....or even the security area, sure we go through security, but what if someone did something before the game when everyone was going through security.........any ideas or thoughts?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the first I have heard of this...I just wonder if it is speculation?

One other thing to consider if they did target texas stadium for 9/11....is that it would not have been full like on a normal game day.

It may have had office personell, players, coaches and maybe a few tourists.

So...sounds like speculation to me, not saying it is not true, just sounds like speculation. :cool:

joseephuss

Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
I just heard on ESPN 790 in Houston that Texas Stadium was discovered to be a target in the investigation of the 9/11 attacks. God knows I am glad that didnt happen (it was bad enough as it was), but it raises a question in my mind. How safe do we really feel at a game? Sure you arent really thinking about it, but how good is the security? It doesnt take a lot for a plane to fly over a stadium....or even the security area, sure we go through security, but what if someone did something before the game when everyone was going through security.........any ideas or thoughts?

Flip over to ESPN radio. Colin Cowheard is talking about that topic right now. I agree with him in that sports stadiums are targets and they would be devasting if it. There is always room to improve safety measures at games and I am sure there will be new procedures implemented this season.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
yeah but if you remember, 9/11 wasnt the original date that the deal was planned for. And I am sure if they had chose Texas Stadium as a target, they would have planned around a day where it would have been full. I dont know if it would be speculation(but it could be), because why would you bring it up so long after? The 9/11 reports are available and this would possibly be included.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Flip over to ESPN radio. Colin Cowheard is talking about that topic right now. I agree with him in that sports stadiums are targets and they would be devasting if it. There is always room to improve safety measures at games and I am sure there will be new procedures implemented this season.

i am listening as well......The Sports Animal in Houston (ESPN 790) one of my favorite stations. I listen to it online because I am not living there anymore