Texas Stadium Seating Question

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
http://img135.*************/img135/2056/stadiumseating2005ot3.jpg

Does anyone know whether Section 7 is "1" or "2"? Also, would you prefer this ticket or a ticket in Section 128?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I think section 7 is "1" but don't hold me to that. As for section #128 it would depend on what row it was in. If the 128 seats were in the fron two or three rows those are pretty nice seats with a good view of the game. Any higher than about row 4 (in 128) and I think I'd rather go with the section 7 seats.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
It's row 12. Why is there such a big dropoff in quality after row 4?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
well i am in 122, and the section I sit in is the yellow part of 122, so if all things are equal I would think 7 is the blue 2.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs said:
well i am in 122, and the section I sit in is the yellow part of 122, so if all things are equal I would think 7 is the blue 2.
So the section is the one to the right of the number?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
theogt said:
It's row 12. Why is there such a big dropoff in quality after row 4?
In 128 the lower rows extend out farther toward the field. You get a good view of the field. When you get up higher they are about the same as the other upper deck seats at which point section 7 being lower deck seats should give the better view.

With them being in row 12 they will be about equal to the section 7 seats. Section 7 will give an equal or a better view of the game except when they are in the red zone on the other end; then the 128 seats would probably actually give a better view. It would also depend on how high up you would be in section 7.

However, if you take a light weight pair of binoculars (they don't have to be real powerful) just about any of the seats (except the end zone seats) will give you a decent view of the game.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
In 128 the lower rows extend out farther toward the field. You get a good view of the field. When you get up higher they are about the same as the other upper deck seats at which point section 7 being lower deck seats should give the better view.

With them being in row 12 they will be about equal to the section 7 seats. Section 7 will give an equal or a better view of the game except when they are in the red zone on the other end; then the 128 seats would probably actually give a better view. It would also depend on how high up you would be in section 7.

However, if you take a light weight pair of binoculars (they don't have to be real powerful) just about any of the seats (except the end zone seats) will give you a decent view of the game.
Row 29 of Section 7. Basically, if Section 7 is "2" I was going to take those tickets, but if its "1" I would take those. Sound like a good call?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
theogt said:
Row 29 of Section 7. Basically, if Section 7 is "2" I was going to take those tickets, but if its "1" I would take those. Sound like a good call?
I agree...if section 7 is the "2" space I'd definitely go there. I guess that is the burning question but I cannot give you a definite answer myself.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I agree...if section 7 is the "2" space I'd definitely go there. I guess that is the burning question but I cannot give you a definite answer myself.
Well, thanks for the help. I had tickets in section 5 last year and I'm almost positive it was the section to the left of "1", but I just wanted to make sure. I'll call the ticket offices tomorrow to confirm. Thanks.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt said:
Well, thanks for the help. I had tickets in section 5 last year and I'm almost positive it was the section to the left of "1", but I just wanted to make sure. I'll call the ticket offices tomorrow to confirm. Thanks.

Section 7 is a good view of the visiting teams tunnel. Keep in mind in section 7 you will be in the sun. I am not sure what game you are going to or where you are from, but it will be hot in the stadium here until late october!!!

I am almost 100% sure it is 7-2 on the seating chart...
7.jpg

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
7 is definitely "2".....its a 93$ ticket
also the sun is way worse at the other end of the field

Torn_ACL

Reaction score
This is hard to explain so bear with me...

Section 7 is half of that red section (you marked #1) and half of that blue section (you marked #2).

SO, for example: say you have Seat 1 (row doesn't matter) in Section 7...that seat is located right in the middle of the section you marked #1. So the last seat in Section 6 is directly to your right (if you're facing the field). The last seat in Section 7 is directly in the middle of the section you marked 2.

It's a screwed up system, but what can you do...BTW, it's probably too late, but Section 128 is a lot better for watching the game, and don't worry about the sun in Section 7 because it won't hit you.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Torn_ACL said:
This is hard to explain so bear with me...

Section 7 is half of that red section (you marked #1) and half of that blue section (you marked #2).

SO, for example: say you have Seat 1 (row doesn't really matter) in Section 7...that seat is located right in the middle of the section you marked #1. So the last seat in Section 6 is directly to your right (if you're facing the field). The last seat in Section 7 is directly in the middle of the section you marked 2.

It's a screwed up system, but what can you do...BTW, it's probably too late, but Section 128 is a lot better for watching the game, and don't worry about the sun in Section 7 because it won't hit you.

Doesnt section 7 get the sun for a little bit around 3? I know the other end of the visitors side gets nailed with sun.

Actually now that I think about it the sun would be behind section 7 at 3 so the sun isnt on you there.

Torn_ACL

Reaction score
theebs said:
Doesnt section 7 get the sun for a little bit around 3? I know the other end of the visitors side gets nailed with sun.

No, the view we see here is opposite the view if you are watching on TV. The pressbox is on the Gate 3 side.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Torn_ACL said:
No, the view we see here is opposite the view if you are watching on TV. The pressbox is on the Gate 3 side.

Yeah I know man I have season tickets in section 122. I was just thinking 7 got the sun before it moved and stayed at the other end, but that doesnt make sense because I get the sun for a few minutes at 3 games.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs said:
Section 7 is a good view of the visiting teams tunnel. Keep in mind in section 7 you will be in the sun. I am not sure what game you are going to or where you are from, but it will be hot in the stadium here until late october!!!

I am almost 100% sure it is 7-2 on the seating chart...
7.jpg
Thanks for the warning, but it's Week 2 so it's a night game.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt said:
Thanks for the warning, but it's Week 2 so it's a night game.

Yep, plus as we said, 7 actually isnt in the sun during game times.

I would go with 128 personally, I am in 122 with my tickets because I can see the whole field and watching the defenses set up and make adjustments is really the best part of the live game to me. You dont get to see that on TV.

Oh and if you do sit in 7 boo gibbs as loud as you can for me, he will be able to hear you from your section!!! lol.

Season is right around the corner, cant wait.