Texas Stadium Traffic Flows. Anyone Know?

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
anyone know what the traffic flows are for Texas Stadium, especially for someone trying to get into the parking lot at the end of the game?

got a designated driver who will need to pick us up in the parking lot after the game.

I know that is going to be a nightmare, but there has to be a way, and where

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The best way I have found over the years is to go Storey Road from Northwest Highway.

Seems traffic is at the minimum there because it is an odd way to reach to stadium since it is not directly from a highway. But you connect to 183 and there is an exit whoch will lead you to the auxilliary parkinglot and I believe there is an exit that leads directly to the stadium parking.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I'd walk out of the stadium and walk west on 183. On the other side of the freeway, about 1/4 mile down in a mcdonalds on the frontage road. Its a good little walk for you, but for the person picking you up, its a breeze to whip in and whip out to pick you up.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2506092 said:
I'd walk out of the stadium and walk west on 183. On the other side of the freeway, about 1/4 mile down in a mcdonalds on the frontage road. Its a good little walk for you, but for the person picking you up, its a breeze to whip in and whip out to pick you up.

there, CowboyWay will be waiting for you in his car with the lights out. Be careful.

Reaction score
I could be a smart*** and say that there are lots of cars going towards the stadium before the game and lots of cars going away from the stadium after the game.

But I won't.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2506092 said:

In that same area, but a lot closer to the stadium, there's that Day's Inn right across from the stadium on E Airport Freeway. You can walk under 183, I think right there at the intersection of 12 and 183 and the Days Inn is right there.

Just hang out in the Corral for an hour or two after the game to let the traffic clear out, and then have them meet you there at the Days Inn.

I did that one year and it was a breeze.

The Days Inn is there there at the star on the map:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=I...32.83641:-96.912839:0:::::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

RoadRunner

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2506092 said:

Yep, this is good advice. I gave up dealing with the driving nightmares of Texas Stadium years ago. Better to get a little exercise with a walk.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2506202 said:
Yep, this is good advice. I gave up dealing with the driving nightmares of Texas Stadium years ago. Better to get a little exercise with a walk.

:laugh2:

I hear you...

The times that I have gone, I arrived early, about 2 or 3 hours early, but after the game, trying to get out of the parking lots was almost as long as the game itself!!!

Good times....

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
if you go in the back way, you can get right back on 183 west in 5 minutes.

and by back way I mean the cash lot in the way back by the carmaxx. Its the service road of spur 482.

I have been parking back there since 04, I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes to get in or out.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
live by Lewisville

Come down 35, split right on loop 12, 114 exit, dump off ramp, and loop back underneath the overpass heading back north to the Red/Green parking.

my question is, how the heck can someone, and how, get back to the same location when the traffic is flowing "OUT".

if they can do the same thing, then no issue, but I just don't know because I never did it. thx

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White;2506107 said:
In that same area, but a lot closer to the stadium, there's that Day's Inn right across from the stadium on E Airport Freeway. You can walk under 183, I think right there at the intersection of 12 and 183 and the Days Inn is right there.

Just hang out in the Corral for an hour or two after the game to let the traffic clear out, and then have them meet you there at the Days Inn.

I did that one year and it was a breeze.

The Days Inn is there there at the star on the map:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=I...32.83641:-96.912839:0:::::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

That's what I was going to suggest. Because I park in that Webbs Bar & Grill right by the Days Inn. By the time the game is over, we wait 10 to 15 minutes for the stands to clear. By the time we get to my car, the longest it ever took to me to drive back to Euless has been 20 minutes. That is 11 miles.

This is much better, because if they pick you up by the stadium, you could be in there for hours.

texjew21

Reaction score
you guys know anything about green parking? Bought my tickets, just need to find parking for tomorrow. I hear its pretty bad. The green parking is the cash lots? Do these fill up fast?

landryscorner

Reaction score
I'de pay to park at someones lawn they are always hospitable, and when the games over you just walk a couple of blocks and take off, just don't park your brand new Honda civic there :) don't say I didn't warn you lol

texjew21

Reaction score
landryscorner;2506386 said:
I'de pay to park at someones lawn they are always hospitable, and when the games over you just walk a couple of blocks and take off, just don't park your brand new Honda civic there :) don't say I didn't warn you lol

haha forget that

texjew21

Reaction score
jazzcat22;2506379 said:
That's what I was going to suggest. Because I park in that Webbs Bar & Grill right by the Days Inn. By the time the game is over, we wait 10 to 15 minutes for the stands to clear. By the time we get to my car, the longest it ever took to me to drive back to Euless has been 20 minutes. That is 11 miles.

This is much better, because if they pick you up by the stadium, you could be in there for hours.

so is the parking at that webbs bar & grill free? They don't care that you park there?

dest

Reaction score
texjew21;2506388 said:
haha forget that

That's what I did last Sunday. Some of the families that live right next door to the Days Inn host parking in their yard. I paid 10 bucks, and was right by the days inn. No problems.