Twitter: Texas' Stan Drayton to visit with Cowboys

Zordon

Reaction score
You beat me to it. I really like Tom, he's a good guy and very down to earth, but good guys don't always win at big time programs. I hope he wins this year cuz he's likely out if he doesn't.
:laugh: You're the first person I've heard describe Tom as being "down to earth". Most Texas fans think he's arrogant and very full of himself. The fans cared way more for Charlie Strong b/c he's a genuinely good person.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coach Brown did a great job. So I don't see this as an upgrade. Just bringing in his own guy.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh: You're the first person I've heard describe Tom as being "down to earth". Most Texas fans think he's arrogant and very full of himself. The fans cared way more for Charlie Strong b/c he's a genuinely good person.
My staff and I spent a week with him when he was at San Marcos. He was very cool to hang with and drink a few shots! Being a HC is hard with everyone trying to tug at you. Mack was a master politician and handled that well. I didn't like Strong, he had no personality. But, Mack was a tough act to follow.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
FRISCO - The Dallas Cowboys are targeting University of Texas associate head coach and running game coordinator Stan Drayton - who has a successful affiliation with Ezekiel Elliott - to serve as the running backs coach on Mike McCarthy's 2020 staff.

“Stan Drayton - that’s my guy,” Elliott said during an interview at the NFL Combine in 2016. “He ... made me into a great player.”

Drayton was Elliott's position coach at Ohio State and recently worked for the Chicago Bears before moving to Austin. We're told he's got a job offer from Dallas but is also being courted by at least one other NFL team.

Both Jane Slater of NFL Network and 105.3 The Fan were first to note the connection.

Drayton's decision will obviously impact the status of sitting position coach Gary Brown, who is now out of contract but is highly thought of by the Jones and is especially close to Elliott, the two-time rushing champion.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...xas-rb-coach-sources-say-cowboys-are-pursuing

Valkyr

Reaction score
Zeke went from a guy damn near crying because he wasn't in the game at tOSU to sitting on the bench looking like he's at the DMV after he was here a few years.

If this guy can light a fire (and throw out Zeke's Krispy Kremes), then bring him in.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ohio state knew how to run Zeke.
1st qtr 6 att 18 yds
2nd qtr 7 att 21 yds
3rd qtr 8 att 56 yds
4th qtr 5 att 85 yds

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke went from a guy damn near crying because he wasn't in the game at tOSU to sitting on the bench looking like he's at the DMV after he was here a few years.

If this guy can light a fire (and throw out Zeke's Krispy Kremes), then bring him in.

Agree...not sure what happened to Zeke. This "imma come out" bs...wth?
The hold was stunning to me.....and the hand raising worse.

This NOT the zeke we watched at Ohio State...and not 2 years here?

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Don't really know much about this guy, but just reading everything on here about him - tell Jerry to get his check book out !
Seems like a great new hire. And maybe a new/old voice is what Zeke needs.
Do it, do it now !

Big_D

Reaction score
Another very good move if it happens. Surprising turn of events with these assistant hires. Looks like the puppet days are over?