Thank God for Tony Romo

slotshot

Reaction score
Really. He makes some bonehead plays and gives the ball over...I really dislike that. BUT he throws for a ton of yards and a BUNCH of TDs. I know I am being the master of the obvious, but I just want to recognize that the absolute essential core of our offense is coming back...and I can't freaking wait!

bigE79

Reaction score
slotshot;2392772 said:
Really. He makes some bonehead plays and gives the ball over...I really dislike that. BUT he throws for a ton of yards and a BUNCH of TDs. I know I am being the master of the obvious, but I just want to recognize that the absolute essential core of our offense is coming back...and I can't freaking wait!
:bow:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
slotshot;2392772 said:

Tony Romo is top 5 QB in this league. We can put to bed all this silliness about seeing Brad Johnson.

slotshot

Reaction score
I am not certain of today's passing yards but I would wager, on one of Romo's best days, he has actually come very close to the combined passing yards put up by BJ and Bollinger over the last 3 weeks COMBINED.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Nors;2392853 said:
Tony Romo is top 5 QB in this league. We can put to bed all this silliness about seeing Brad Johnson.

Yes. Romo will spark the offense.

he does not play defense though. The defense played the best game it's played in a quite some time against the Bucs, then they layed down against the Giants. Wade needs to stop breast feeding these guys in between drives and start grilling their arse's and get some players caring about their pride.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Now is the time for Romo to become a leader.

If he truly is a "franchise" QB, he'll be able to rally the troops.

This is a big moment for him.

But then again, how effective can he be? The broken finger will probably bother him all year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;2392903 said:
I've almost lost all faith in this offensive line. Obviously, some, Adams in particular, are playing hurt, but playing hurt in the NFL is an excuse for not playing well enough to win.

Like it or not, this is the offensive line which Romo has to play behind. He will need his mobility of seasons past to get this offense back on track. However, if he comes back from his injury expecting that he should not scramble when the opportunity presents itself, he's going to be back on the sidelines nursing another injury, and this offense will tank again.

Come back Romo, but leave Tom behind. Please.

BadKarma

Reaction score
In the offseason, I'd like to see us get rid of both backup QBs, draft one, and find one FA that can at least throw a tight spiral beyond 10 yards.

Brooks isn't the answer, and Brad Johnson needs to retire or get cut...these last three games have got to be the most embarrassing display of quarterback play since Babe Laufenberg.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
slotshot;2392969 said:
I am not certain of today's passing yards but I would wager, on one of Romo's best days, he has actually come very close to the combined passing yards put up by BJ and Bollinger over the last 3 weeks COMBINED.

I just checked, it's pretty close. Romo would have had to have a 491 yard game with 4tds to surpass the 490 yards and 3 tds that Bollinger and Johnson have combined for.

Romo hasn't passed for over 400 yards yet, but he has passed for 4 or more tds a few times.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
StylisticS;2393094 said:
Yeah, at least you hope so.

Indeed.

I just don't see this OL helping Romo, and that will indeed continue to hurt the Cowboys.

Ren

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2393101 said:
Indeed.

I just don't see this OL helping Romo, and that will indeed continue to hurt the Cowboys.

lets see if Flozell can get healthy now with the by week and things should improve, but then again all you have to do is score and they'll probably quit again so it shouldn't matter :banghead:

StylisticS

Reaction score
Indeed.

Well that's on the oline. He could be ready and play like we know he can play. But if our oline continues to play like it plays, it won't matter. It won't be that he isn't ready. It's just that he doesn't have a chance to show he's ready.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I can't wait either. I still don't think we will win much though, Romo can only do so much and he can't play O line or D.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Indeed.

Kosier is coming back too. This is the same 5 guys that have been absolutely dominant for long stretches in the past when healthy.