Thank You Julius

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
you finally ran with heart and passion today.....now take that and use it the rest of the year please......

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Agreed.

As I said in another thread, that's the best I've seen him run since that Seattle game in December of.....was it 04 or 05?

utrunner07

Reaction score
agreed...we also need to work on getting more runs in...i think we are getting a little to heavy on the passing play calling

khiladi

Reaction score
I think we should start with Barber and than go with Julius... The reason is the fire that Marion brings, and Julius, as well as the team, seems to feed off of that more... Marion really establishes some confidence...

burmafrd

Reaction score
We ran only 14 times. THAT is inexcuseable. Garrett needs to get his head our of his *** and stop dreaming of passing all the time. when you are up against a team like the Pats you need to hold onto the ball longer to give your D more rest.

sago1

Reaction score
Agreed. The Julius we saw today is that one I want to see the whole season. I just don't know how much was Julius and how much was our OL doing its job.

Shango

The Stonethrower
Reaction score
khiladi;1709381 said:
I think we should start with Barber and than go with Julius... The reason is the fire that Marion brings, and Julius, as well as the team, seems to feed off of that more... Marion really establishes some confidence...

This is what I've been saying in my blogs. We don't need to bench JJ, but we have to get off on a good start with MB3. What we are doing with JJ is not working. He gets us nothing at the beginning of the games and puts us in third and longs. That was a major problem in this game....Once NE got up on us, I don't believe we ever fully recovered.

We have GOT to stop the slow starts and I think the problem is JJ. Bring him is later to do his thing.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I still wish we would simply run an offense with TO, Crayton, Witten, JJ, and MB3 in at the same time (A SPLIT BACK SYSTEM)

I would also like to see us run some no huddle hurry up every now and again.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Show me the blocking and JJ will get the yards. Take a look at the first couple of running plays and you show me some gaping holes.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
khiladi;1709381 said:

are you the one that called the postgame show with that stupid idea?:laugh2:

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
It was truly a beautiful thing to see JJ run like that today and finally gave meaning to the "One-Two Punch" that everyone predicted this year from both of them as our dynamic duo. So far this season, Jones has been the weakest link in our running game (he would be sort of like the Robin to Barber's Batman) but if he can continue to run like he did today against the Patriots, then there's no way that opponents will be able to stop our running game (unless they're willing to give up huge yardage with the Cowboys' passing attack).

Here's hoping for a little consistency from here on out from Mr. Jones...

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
It appeared the main weakness NE had was its run defense but after down 14 the pass was the only option late in the game. The Superbowl gameplan should be run first clock mgt when they meet again to keep their offense on the sideline.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
burmafrd;1709430 said:
Show me the blocking and JJ will get the yards. Take a look at the first couple of running plays and you show me some gaping holes.

He runs hard all the time, the fact that he doesn't punch guys with stiff arms seems to blind people from that. The problem is that he gets hit in the backfield A LOT. Give him a hole and hes dangerous.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Biggems;1709351 said:
you finally ran with heart and passion today.....now take that and use it the rest of the year please......
Yes, when JJ has huge holes to run through he runs with passion.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
We've been pretty much a passing team from the get-go. The only time that we run alot is in the 4th qtr. with a lead.

What was it that WP said? That we were going back to being a running team? He'd better tell the OC, cuz it just ain't happenin'.

superpunk

Reaction score
Jimz31;1710144 said:
We've been pretty much a passing team from the get-go. The only time that we run alot is in the 4th qtr. with a lead.

What was it that WP said? That we were going back to being a running team? He'd better tell the OC, cuz it just ain't happenin'.

Yeah.

Garrett the genius needs to have the drive for show and putt for dough mantra driven into his head. It's harsh to say, but the way he calls the offense, he doesn't give two ****'s about our defense - and today that bit us in the butt when they were out there for 70 plays.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
julius did great FINALLY, but i was more elated to watch marion run with such anger.. just stiffarming the everloving crap out of defenders

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
We need to back off on all the Garrett loving that has been going on around here. The man is most definitely a former QB and he way overdoes it in the passing department. I love Romo, but jeez, we DO have a couple of decent runners back there and time of possession IS important in this league. We've got to hold onto the ball longer. Even in games we win, we don't hold the ball long enough.