Thank you Pro Bowl

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ever notice the trend this season....DAL seems to rise to the occasion when they're disrespected or snubbed?

For example, the iggles game where their HC said they're coming to Dallas and leaving with a win. How about this last Sunday when the entire media and general public picked LA to smash the Cowboys?

This team got put on blast with the Pro Bowl selections. Could that be a deciding factor moving forward?
They got more Pro Bowlers than they probably expected

GMO415

Reaction score
I don't think they were snubbed by the Pro Bowl, Tyron and Frederick made it on reputation alone IMO. There is a lot more talent on the team than the record indicates but this kind of team doesn't get to complain.
I think most of us agree. Im thinking in the player's mind, they got snubbed.

shabazz

Reaction score
FWIW, Philly #3 defense against the run, 18 against the pass

DC4L_0420

Reaction score
Ever notice the trend this season....DAL seems to rise to the occasion when they're disrespected or snubbed?

For example, the iggles game where their HC said they're coming to Dallas and leaving with a win. How about this last Sunday when the entire media and general public picked LA to smash the Cowboys?

This team got put on blast with the Pro Bowl selections. Could that be a deciding factor moving forward?

If I may. I will like to answer a question with a question. Say it is the deciding factory moving forward, the teams feels disrespected, they beat Philly and Win the Division. Do you think our starters should Play Week 17? We play the Foreskins and we can beat them quite easily. I would like to see our Players headed into the Playoffs with a 3 game winning streak, and the starters getting reps.

Reaction score

If the players need THIS to get motivated and play well, then they are more pathetic than I thought.

GMO415

Reaction score
If I may. I will like to answer a question with a question. Say it is the deciding factory moving forward, the teams feels disrespected, they beat Philly and Win the Division. Do you think our starters should Play Week 17? We play the Foreskins and we can beat them quite easily. I would like to see our Players headed into the Playoffs with a 3 game winning streak, and the starters getting reps.
Those first three games against inferior teams may have giving the team a false brevado. With that said, I think this team learned from it. Running through LA-iggles-Wash can still be a great thing in terms of motivation.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

If they react that much to Pro Bowl selections it's a negative, not a positive.

Do you think Brady and his boys are stewing over the Pro Bowl? They think about a bigger bowl.

One is an individual honor, the other is the ultimate team achievement. As a fan I only care about the latter.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The whole "snub" angle is overplayed. The Cowboys are trying to win the division. If that doesn't motivate them, nothing will.

scottsp

Reaction score
Unless we’re talking about first timers, is the Pro Bowl “snub” really a thing? I’m betting most players would be perfectly ok with missing out on such a glorious time in Orlando.

GMO415

Reaction score
Unless we’re talking about first timers, is the Pro Bowl “snub” really a thing? I’m betting most players would be perfectly ok with missing out on such a glorious time in Orlando.
Clear Eye complained on his Twitter. Hope it's fuel.

blur2122

Reaction score
They could go get a real job if they don't want to take the risk.
They have other options than playing a game that could kill or paralyze them. (Has anyone ever died during a football game?)

The players' compensation actually has very little to do with risk of injury or their W-L record. It's about the fact that millions of people worldwide are willing to pay to watch NFL football - either directly through ticket purchases or indirectly through being watching beer and tire commercials during televised games (which then turn into beer and tire purchases).

Dak and Amari are each among the top couple of dozen people in the world to do their jobs - in an industry that generates about 15 billion dollars in annual revenue. They are going to be highly compensated.

Heck, if millions of people were willing to pay to watch me work I would be very highly compensated too (now they tell me).

starman22

Reaction score
The players' compensation actually has very little to do with risk of injury or their W-L record. It's about the fact that millions of people worldwide are willing to pay to watch NFL football - either directly through ticket purchases or indirectly through being watching beer and tire commercials during televised games (which then turn into beer and tire purchases).

Dak and Amari are each among the top couple of dozen people in the world to do their jobs - in an industry that generates about 15 billion dollars in annual revenue. They are going to be highly compensated.

Heck, if millions of people were willing to pay to watch me work I would be very highly compensated too (now they tell me).

I agree 100% with this, but it doesn't change the fact that they are choosing to play.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am glad Smith didn't make it after politicking for it.

The pb is a joke and has been for years. With individual honors, only All Pro matters.

Chill35

Reaction score
Pro Bowl selections are a bit of a joke. Our OL players based on their play this year did not deserve to get in. Zeke was very erratic this year as well. The three players I thought deserved to get in didn't, one being Michael Bennett who wasn't on the ballot. Regardless I voted for all of our players. Wouldn't it be funny Garrett gets picked to coach the NFC again?