Thanks Pittdawg...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone will pick him up. Poosible that if no one does, he can resign with Dallas in a few weeks. Sometimes players are cut which you don't want to, in order to keep another player for a few weeks. Maybe working on a trade. Then resign the player if he's still there.

Mattsdad

Reaction score
PittDawg....all I can say is you were ALWAYS a class act and valuable member of this message board. Rob will land somewhere and will have a long career. Send Rob our best and please take care.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
I have to say, I am really not happy at Rob being cut. Especially how he gutted out and played through injury and all last year. Fabini better be as good as BP thinks he can be. But with Parcells track record so far at Dallas with OL/Kickers/QBs, I doubt it.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
xpistofer said:
I just want to say I am stunned and disappointed that Rob was waived. I bet he will be a longtime starter somewhere in the league.

Please let him know that many Cowboy fans appreciate him and wish him success.

Also, thank you so much for your contributions here - I think I speak for all of us when I say that I hope you stick around these parts (on the Zone, that is...).

Again, my thanks to you and your family for what you have brought (and hopefully will continue to bring) to the Zone.

Ditto for me. I really wanted him to be a success story after what he did last year.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
This makes me feel a little sick. I really think it was a mistake cutting Rob. All the best to him.

calico

Reaction score
I can't believe Fabini made the team over Rob, seriously, what the ****?

Pittdawg, don't be a stranger and help Rob keep his spirits up so he can excel with another team.

MadCow

Reaction score
Of all the positive and uplifting comments made in this thread, I would like to lend my support to the heartfelt emotion.

Pittdawg, IMO you have been a valuable contributor this forum and your insight has been much appreciated. Please pass along to Rob that the Cowboy fans appreciate his effort and wish him much success in the future.

Hopefully, this is one of Parcells strategic move where he will trade another player of value and add Rob back to the squad before he gets picked up. Regardless, Rob will be on some team's squad this year and will be a solid contributor.

Be blessed.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Pittdawg, your son has a book in him and this is only the 2nd or 3rd chapter. Here's hoping that he's taking notes, because he'll have a story to tell by the time his NFL career is over many years from now.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Here's what we've seen from Petitti so far: when asked to drop 20-whatever pounds by his first camp, he did it. When a starter was needed, he stepped up and did his job throughout the year, despite being way over his head. During the offseason he beefed up. And in camp he moved back over to LT when asked.

Petitti's going to be good, if not great, sometime in the future for somebody. He got caught in a numbers game here, rightly or wrongly. Good luck in the future and hang in there.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Hac Ptui said:
Maybe. 49ers are pretty desperate.
quite poosible
Not gonna happen.

He was released for a reason, people. No offense to Pitdawg, but he obviously didn't have the talent to warrant a spot on this team. He was therefore waived. End of this sad little story. That being said, I do wish him luck.
I think something that is possibly being overlooked in this discussion is that Dallas is weak but deep at RT. It sounds strange but we don't have clear-cut great, or maybe even good, RT but we've got quite a few that can do in a pinch and swing. In that sense it was a numbers game and in that sense there should be someone out there willing to take a shot on a tackle with youth, experience, size, and gumption.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Robs' got nothing to be ashamed of. He's a class act and a helluva good football player. He'll be picked up in no time. Best wishes to Rob, Pittdawg and his entire family. Thanks!

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I have been pulling for Rob from the day we drafted him and am very disappointed that we let him go instead of Fabini, who has never impressed me.

Oh well, that is life in the NFL and hopefully Petitti will not let it get him down and will sign with another team soon.

Good luck to Rob and thanks PittDawg for all you contributed here (you don't have to stop you know).

JBond

Reaction score
Thank you for all of your insight, honesty and class. Hope the best for Rob. I'm really hoping he ends up on the practice squad. I do believe he can play at a high level. He seemed to loose a little confidence as the camp went on. Maybe BP was asking for more than Rob is ready for at this point. If he gets a strong mean streak where he wants to destroy the guy in front of him as opposed to not making a mistake he will be fine.

Best of luck,

John

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
thanks to you and rob, i really like him and hope he catches on somewhere... and i know he will....

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Thanks for posting here over the past year Pittdawg.

I'm sorry Rob is no longer a Cowboy, and I hope he's picked up somewhere quickly... and who knows, maybe he'll be a Cowboy again sometime in the future!

All the best to you and your family!