Twitter: That day when Tony Dorsett ran 99 yards

fivetwos

Reaction score
Danny White got knocked out and Hogeboom ultimately threw a crushing pick six to seal it for the Commanders, who went on to win the SB. :facepalm:
This has got me thinking about those three straight NFCGC losses.

Each year they lost to a team that was slightly better within that season, but no one was better over that three year period.

A side note to that which I recently became aware of....Oakland lost three straight conf title games in a row in the late 60s early 70s, and did so twice, and another two years after.

They were in SEVEN AFC title games from 68-78 and were 0-7.

Talk about ouch.

That made me feel a bit better about 80-83 though lol.

Praxit

Reaction score
..there's a point when Tony is chugging along, his strut is so smooth its like watching a ice skater.

Hardline

Reaction score
It sickens me that Derrick Henry tied Dorsett when that defense made a lousy attempt to tackle him. They might as well rolled out the red carpet for him on that play.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I can't imagine how excited I would have been seeing that play. It's a shame I was only 3 years old at the time.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was on black Russian # 6 or 7 yet I still remember it. On the bars big screen no less

Flamma

Reaction score
This clip doesn't show you Ron Springs running off the field. But Danny White sees him. Look at what Danny White is doing. He's looking around. Takes a last look into the backfield and says......Well, runs the play anyway.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I’m old enough that I saw it live as well as a kid and remember them saying it was a record that could never be broken :D

Solnoir

Reaction score
I remember my parents made go to bed. The next morning my dad woke me up and apologized. I couldn't figure out why. Then my mom described the play and I was pissed I missed it.

Bizwah

Reaction score
My friend that's a Vikings fan always reminds me that they won the game.