That time Dak & Andy went head to head in Accuracy Competition

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Don't respond or put me on ignore. Just stating my opinion like everyone else. Get off your pedestal.

I give you the same advice. If it comes down to it, I will ignore you but why does it have to? You know what you are doing. Why do it?

You don't like my pedestal, then take your own advice. It's not that hard.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah we don’t always agree but that poster you quoted does post like that a lot. They act as if they’re some unbeatable final boss people should cower in fear from. It’s just a messageboard at the end of the day for better or worse lol
Yeah man, it's all good. Having the same opinion would be boring and we wouldn't learn anything.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
These accuracy competitions never translate on the field in games. I laugh at fans who put a lot of stock at players throwing at targets with no pass rush coming at them.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I give you the same advice. If it comes down to it, I will ignore you but why does it have to? You know what you are doing. Why do it?

You don't like my pedestal, then take your own advice. It's not that hard.
You're not that important. It's a last word issue with you.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
These accuracy competitions never translate on the field in games. I laugh at fans who put a lot of stock at players throwing at targets with no pass rush coming at them.
It's come to that for some fans.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You're not that important. It's a last word issue with you.

So then, it should be really easy for you to just not interact. Figure it out. But if the last word thing is what it takes, that's cool. This is my last word. You cold have just walked away and not continued with this. You didn't want to do that. NP.

Later.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
One fan already wants Dalton as the starter based on his accuracy throwing into a net in his backyard.
Come on man, did you see those toddlers putting pressure on him? Some fans hate Prescott more than they like the Cowboys. I'd understand it if he was awful or even average, but good lord, Andy Dalton? He's an INT machine who got benched last season. There may have been a better comparison when you compare both players at the same time in their careers, but Dalton is simply a really, really awesome back up option. I'm thrilled.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

All I remember about Dak Attack and Red Rifle in 2016 is Cowboys 28 and Bengals 14.

Dak scored 1 rushing and 1 passing TD. It was 21-0 at halftime, 28-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter and 28-14 final score. That is what counts in football wins, playoffs, and championships.

I think that is the reason Dak AttacK will be in his usual starting QB leadership role and Red Rifle will be an excellent BACK UP.

This is the right video comparing QBs...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Come on man, did you see those toddlers putting pressure on him? Some fans hate Prescott more than they like the Cowboys. I'd understand it if he was awful or even average, but good lord, Andy Dalton? He's an INT machine who got benched last season. There may have been a better comparison when you compare both players at the same time in their careers, but Dalton is simply a really, really awesome back up option. I'm thrilled.

It’s obvious there’s a hate crusade going on against Dak especially with his reported contract demands. Many weren’t sold on him when he was playing on his rookie deal. His reported contract demands have turned a lot of fans against him.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It’s obvious there’s a hate crusade going on against Dak especially with his reported contract demands. Many weren’t sold on him when he was playing on his rookie deal. His reported contract demands have turned a lot of fans against him.
The funny thing is that's how the market works for most high profile players. After a couple of years, the next guy is "overpaid."
Mostly hypocrisy.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
:hammer: David Carr was quite accurate and had cannon for an arm. so did Ryan Leaf...

that's why they call those under ware Olympics....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They have a a lot of trick shot golfers who are spectacular at trick shots but they suck at golf. Vinny Testaverde was great at these competitions but was never near as good on the field.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
We are morons? Maybe you should go back and look for the stats comparisons between Dak and Dalton before you continue with the illusion that Dak is so much better. Dalton has never had the talent surrounding him that Dak has. There are several QBs that would be very good playing with the talent on the Cowboys roster. Another point that you seem to miss, Cooper Rush has never seen the field during a regular season game for the Cowboys. I am not going to argue about how good he is or isn’t, but I will argue that you don’t know how good he is or isn’t. None of us fans can honestly say that they have anything to back up their opinions concerning Rush. I was not a Rush fan, but I will admit that he has not been in the field at all and forming an opinion is impossible.

Riiiight...like there was a bunch of QBs that were successful playing on Dallas in 2015...right right.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak was playing with more talented teammates. Dalton will be in shock his first few practices because he has never played with teammates this talented.
A dream offensive unti to play behind for any QB. There was a stat somewhere that mentioned Dak had more time to throw the football behind the cowboys OL than any other QB in the last 3 years.

plasticman

Reaction score
Cool tidbit here:

The record holder for most points in the NFL QB Challenge
for accuracy is none other than Troy Aikman, who scored 70 of the
84 max. possible in 1995.
When training camp was being held at the Alamodome I would take some of my family down there. They had this area for displays and one of them was a metal engraving of Troy Aikman's hand print. You could put your hands in it to compare his hand size to yours. There were few grown men who didn't walk away feeling like a 7 year old.

If it's true what they say about hand size then Troy Aikman is packing a tree trunk.

He once described how he needed a unique way to hold the football, because the typical method would result in his fingers coming in contact with the thumb. I say again, he could wrap his hand around the area just down from the middle of the ball where most quarterbacks use.

I forgot the WR's name, but the webbing on his fingers split trying to catch one of Aikman's passes in practice. When someone asked Irvin how he was able to make some of his incredible high velocity catches he said he had no choice. He had to catch them because it was too late to get out of the way. You have to agree because it looked like he was completely double covered and Aikman would split the 8's on his jersey.

I can remember one particular play from the opponent 20 where Aikmen spotted Irvin in the endzone. There was one defender speeding towards him and another from the other direction. It seemed as though they both passed in front of Irvin simultaneously going for the INT. It looked as though one of them had to have the ball, they both looked back at each other to see who had it.......It was in Irvin's hands.

The guys in the broadcast booth replayed it again and again, each time slower, that was how fast and how accurately Troy had thread the needle.

star-ving

Reaction score
I like Dak. I route for Dak on Sunday.

I don’t like Dak for the money his camp is holding out for. I like pie sharing. I don’t want to watch Dak throwing to the likes of Cedric Wilson and Noah Brown for the next decade,,,meh. Won’t be able to keep Cee-Dee around for long.

I just can’t wrap my head around these Cowboy (or Dak) fans that are totally fine with giving him the farm...it’s like they’re so proud that we would have the highest paid QB in history thus crowning him the greatest QB ever in their minds.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I remember about Dak Attack and Red Rifle in 2016 is Cowboys 28 and Bengals 14.

Dak scored 1 rushing and 1 passing TD. It was 21-0 at halftime, 28-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter and 28-14 final score. That is what counts in football wins, playoffs, and championships.

I think that is the reason Dak AttacK will be in his usual starting QB leadership role and Red Rifle will be an excellent BACK UP.

So....if those are the important stats..how we been doing the last 3 years?

"dak attack" playoff wins and championships?

jnday

Reaction score

The game was not Dak verses Dalton. Then Dallas team was much more talented.