CFZ That was next level by Dak

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't usually start Dak threads because there are enough of them, but as a fan who has been in the middle on him between those who think he's awful and those who think he's great, I wanted to make a couple of points. First off, let me say that I've always felt that Prescott is (most years) a top-10 QB in this league, a player you can win a Super Bowl with if you have all the other parts. I've never felt, though, that he is a player who can "carry the team."

I don't believe that any player truly carries the team, but that one can be the defining reason for victory. Last night, Dak was that player.

The passing game kept us in the game until the defense finally found itself at the end to make some stops and allow the passing game to win it for us. I think it was Dak's finest moment this season because not only did his passing help us keep up when the defense was a sieve, but:

- He had to overcome multiple sacks.

- He had to overcome penalties, including a hold that took away a TD run by him.

- He had to overcome dropped passes, including two well-place TD throws and a fourth-down pass.

-He had to overcome a hit and miss running game.

If we lost last night, it would not have been Prescott's fault. It would have been because of the defense, the dropped passes, the penalties, the sacks ... But we won last night because of how Prescott played despite those things.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't usually start Dak threads because there are enough of them, but as a fan who has been in the middle on him between those who think he's awful and those who think he's great, I wanted to make a couple of points. First off, let me say that I've always felt that Prescott is (most years) a top-10 QB in this league, a player you can win a Super Bowl with if you have all the other parts. I've never felt, though, that he is a player who can "carry the team."

I don't believe that any player truly carries the team, but that one can be the defining reason for victory. Last night, Dak was that player.

The passing game kept us in the game until the defense finally found itself at the end to make some stops and allow the passing game to win it for us. I think it was Dak's finest moment this season because not only did his passing help us keep up when the defense was a sieve, but:

- He had to overcome multiple sacks.

- He had to overcome penalties, including a hold that took away a TD run by him.

- He had to overcome dropped passes, including two well-place TD throws and a fourth-down pass.

-He had to overcome a hit and miss running game.

If we lost last night, it would not have been Prescott's fault. It would have been because of the defense, the dropped passes, the penalties, the sacks ... But we won last night because of how Prescott played despite those things.
QBs either carry a team or get carried by the team.

Dak is finally carrying this team despite all the other BS. That’s what elite QBs do.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I liked that Dak was talking smack while trying to comeback and win the game, lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No one "carries the team."
Right. It's really not a great phrase even though I used it. Despite Dak's great performance, we don't win without the late defensive stands, or without Pollard powering for a TD, or without the line offering great protection at times ...

However, Prescott overcame multiple obstacles to be one of the main reasons (perhaps the biggest one) that we won. That's as good as it gets for his position.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
I watched the game. To my "eye-test" it sure looked like Prescott had a very good game. What surprised me this morning is that he seems to have been given a 75.0 QBR.

70.7% completion
299 yards
3 TDs
0 INTs

How is that only a 75 QBR?