CFZ That was next level by Dak

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
he had two drops. he also dropped a ball that hit him in the hands on a 4th down. as good as he is, we can't have these mistakes. great players make plays at most crucial times.
CD has not been good at the catch point on contested balls, at all, this year.

CWR

Reaction score
QBs either carry a team or get carried by the team.

Dak is finally carrying this team despite all the other BS. That’s what elite QBs do.

He has a real Romo 2014 type feel to his game this year, except it's even mode impressive because he doesn't have the dominant run game.

Reactions: G2

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Great QBs absolutely carry the team. Everyone knows it.
great as in Mahomes, Brady? and even they need help and need players to make plays. they may not need great players around them as they may overcome some team deficiencies. Mahomes lost a superbowl because he didn't get protection from his OL to make plays he normally does. he couldn't carry the team then. Brady couldn't overcome his teams deficiencies last year, he couldn't carry his team. its a matter of a strength of supporting cast. essentially they can success with less support.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Naturally the video skipped right where the deflection would've happened, but from that angle, it does look like he just missed it.
he did miss it. the defenders momentum was taking him away from where he was throwing it. it was perfect placement and CD just let it slip through his hands

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He has a real Romo 2014 type feel to his game this year, except it's even mode impressive because he doesn't have the dominant run game.
Interesting perspective. Imagine Zeke or Murray in their best years? Whoa.
I'm blown away from how well Dak has played over the last few games. I really thought we saw his best.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
CD has not been good at the catch point on contested balls, at all, this year.
didn't he get a TD earlier in the year? for him to call himself the best in the game, he needs to make those plays. and make sure he has zero misses in critical situations (ala 4th down drop)

CWR

Reaction score
Interesting perspective. Imagine Zeke or Murray in their best years? Whoa.
I'm blown away from how well Dak has played over the last few games. I really thought we saw his best.

The question is how much of KMs offense was a problem? I know we are using a lot of his concepts still but the MM offense looks so much more fluid and in synch.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The question is how much of KMs offense was a problem? I know we are using a lot of his concepts still but the MM offense looks so much more fluid and in synch.
The WRs seem to be running better routes. You don't currently see a lot of curl routes over and over. Or, the entire roster all run a curl route, bunched up.
Moore didn't have a feel for momentum. I question some calls, McCarthy has this offense looking prepared. Even after a couple of hiccup plays early.

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't usually start Dak threads because there are enough of them, but as a fan who has been in the middle on him between those who think he's awful and those who think he's great, I wanted to make a couple of points. First off, let me say that I've always felt that Prescott is (most years) a top-10 QB in this league, a player you can win a Super Bowl with if you have all the other parts. I've never felt, though, that he is a player who can "carry the team."

I don't believe that any player truly carries the team, but that one can be the defining reason for victory. Last night, Dak was that player.

The passing game kept us in the game until the defense finally found itself at the end to make some stops and allow the passing game to win it for us. I think it was Dak's finest moment this season because not only did his passing help us keep up when the defense was a sieve, but:

- He had to overcome multiple sacks.

- He had to overcome penalties, including a hold that took away a TD run by him.

- He had to overcome dropped passes, including two well-place TD throws and a fourth-down pass.

-He had to overcome a hit and miss running game.

If we lost last night, it would not have been Prescott's fault. It would have been because of the defense, the dropped passes, the penalties, the sacks ... But we won last night because of how Prescott played despite those things.
100 :hammer:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
QBs either carry a team or get carried by the team.

Dak is finally carrying this team despite all the other BS. That’s what elite QBs do.
Big of you to acknowledge this.. Kudos Bro. That throw to CD between three defenders that CD dropped was a ballsy *** throw and right on the money!!! The TD to Ferguson he TOTALLY threw him open. Had Adams playing the corner fade and threw it back inside shoulder for an easy TD.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The WRs seem to be running better routes. You don't currently see a lot of curl routes over and over. Or, the entire roster all run a curl route, bunched up.
Moore didn't have a feel for momentum. I question some calls, McCarthy has this offense looking prepared. Even after a couple of hiccup plays early.
Fans underestimate the importance of both scheme and team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the route combinations are heck of a lot better. glad not to see so many WRs running into the same zone most of the time.