That was sweet of Romo

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Spending the last 5 minutes of the game trying to encourage Cowboys fans that the season isn't over. It was like he was still in the huddle drawing up a play to pull out a win.

I truly believe he did that today because he still loves this team and feels like he needs to be positive for them.
It was rather touching to hear him do that... But it doesn't make our situation any less pathetic. Thanks Jerry. Thanks Jason.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Someone told me in a previous thread that Dak does not know how to throw to Dez Bryant. I never really paid attention to it until today when I watched Dak closely and then Rivers side by side. The way Rivers throws guys open, the over the shoulder throws, throwing the ball where no one else can catch the ball except his receiver. It seems to me Dak does not do those things well. And Rivers had zero running game.

I realized today that having Zeke in the back field and using play action covers up a lot of Dak's deficiencies. It he a bad QB? I don't think so. He's a young QB who could use better coaching.
Its pretty interesting game when you see the nuances.

There really is no anticipatory throws from Dak. That is a huge issue

bysbox1

Reaction score
Giving Jason the OC job was fine in the beginning.. rushing him into HC position was wrong and not listening to Wade, a man with so much experience about his flaws, was stupid..

Keeping him this long in this position is just emotionalism...

I didn't even think he should have gotten the OC job. To me Sparano should have been made OC with Garrett as an assistant so he could learn.

Garrett's been given to many free rides on this team. I wish I could find a dream job where I get to run the show and learn on the job. What GM does this in the NFL? Oh yea, Jerry Jones . . . .

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
We never deserved 9

Dude was gold and we never realized it.
Some of us realized it. JJ just never surrounded him with the right talent and coaching for most of his career. But in reality it was time for him to retire. Unless of course you wanted him to risk becoming a paraplegic.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Spending the last 5 minutes of the game trying to encourage Cowboys fans that the season isn't over. It was like he was still in the huddle drawing up a play to pull out a win.

I truly believe he did that today because he still loves this team and feels like he needs to be positive for them.
Yes, he is a good guy, and a cowboy at heart

J817

Reaction score
Tony still rallying this team, even when things are bleak. That should be Dak's responsibility now, so it's time to Man Up & get things done.

It has to be hard rallying a team when you look like crap on the field. Dak has demons of his own he has to conquer. This is all in all a terrible situation for this franchise.

khiladi

Reaction score
I didn't even think he should have gotten the OC job. To me Sparano should have been made OC with Garrett as an assistant so he could learn.

Garrett's been given to many free rides on this team. I wish I could find a dream job where I get to run the show and learn on the job. What GM does this in the NFL? Oh yea, Jerry Jones . . . .

Remember, Sparano went to Miami, I believe as HC..

I agree with your position, but I can understand why Jerry did it, but it became clear really quickly he wasn’t suited for the job. It was a sunk cost..

triplets92

Reaction score
We never deserved 9

Dude was gold and we never realized it.

We did him dirty and I'm not going to lie but it did make me a harsher critic of Dak. But at the end of the day the writing is on the wall. Dak should be backing up Tony and waiting for his next opportunity. They put the world on his shoulders and he wasn't ready to carry it yet. regardless of his magical season last year.

shabazz

Reaction score
He did his best not to criticize Dak too. He knows that he stunk up the joint. I’m pissed that they turned the keys over to Dak last year. It’s obviously a big mistake.

All last year Dak had an hour to throw the ball and still didn’t push the ball down the field. Now when he has to take the team on his shoulders he can’t do it. Not saying that he will never be able to but it’s obviously going to take more time.

He didn’t criticize Dak because he would like to keep his job. CBS and others won’t tolerate that

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
We may not all agree on Dak. But, I do appreciate Romo for what he brought to this team. Any Cowboy fan who does not just needs to remember what it was like before Romo, with the Carters and Bledsoes.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
How many rookie or second year coaches is that now that have owned Garrett and the Cowboys team