That's my boy ;-)

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Well, it's that time of year again when tournaments are held where we get to compete in martial arts and this year was a pretty good one! Due to a conflict of schedule whereby my daughter was getting her first communion, only my son got to compete this year as far as the family is concerned.

End result - 4 events, 4 medals! Woo hoo! He took second place (silver) in every event he entered and helped the over school standings where we came in third out of 9 schools - over 850 competitors this year! The one we like the most is the full-contact sparring ... he had the "misfortune" of weighing 88# in a weight class that went 88-105 ... and none of the others were under 97# - a lot of weight to give up when you're nine years old! Ha ha.

To make it even more exciting (for us!), the junior grandchampion and runner-up grandchampion both came from our school! They competed in seven events each and medaled (most gold, obviously) in all of them as well ... not too shabby!

Anyway, just being the proud papa here - nothing to see - move along. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Reef Engineer said:
Well, it's that time of year again when tournaments are held where we get to compete in martial arts and this year was a pretty good one! Due to a conflict of schedule whereby my daughter was getting her first communion, only my son got to compete this year as far as the family is concerned.

End result - 4 events, 4 medals! Woo hoo! He took second place (silver) in every event he entered and helped the over school standings where we came in third out of 9 schools - over 850 competitors this year! The one we like the most is the full-contact sparring ... he had the "misfortune" of weighing 88# in a weight class that went 88-105 ... and none of the others were under 97# - a lot of weight to give up when you're nine years old! Ha ha.

To make it even more exciting (for us!), the junior grandchampion and runner-up grandchampion both came from our school! They competed in seven events each and medaled (most gold, obviously) in all of them as well ... not too shabby!

Anyway, just being the proud papa here - nothing to see - move along. :D
Nothing wrong with being a proud papa. Congrats.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
That's awesome Reef... please pass on my congratulations to the young 'un... actually, both of them. I remember what a big event my first communion was.

heavyg

Reaction score
Absolutley nothing wrong with bragging about your kids. Awesome, high five to the little one

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes!
thumbsUp.gif

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Reef Engineer said:
Tell him Congratulations! Now could you do us all a favor and make sure he is registered at the police department. You know we can't have a 88 pound youngster running a muck and terrorizing the town. :D