The 15 Most Tortured Sports Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cheap Shot Artist said:
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This HAS to be the funniest thing I have read in some time...

Anyone see the ultimate irony here?

Philly even chokes when it comes to being the most tortured sports city..

lmao!!!
When you put it that way it is funny.

2much2soon

Reaction score
I don't know if they announced it on ESPN yet but I am going to say its gotta be Cleveland.

Reaction score
jamez25 said:

Save your Tears "Twenty-Five" (May I call you Twenty-Five?),

Philadelphians aren't cursed, nor is the city --you can't be serious! Look, everyone knows that the city is anxiously awaiting its first championship; that's not a secret! But so is every other city that has a professional sports franchise.

You want to look at our record (rhetorical question)? What? The Eagles have controlled the NFC Eastern Division for four straight years (that's No curse)! The Philadelphia Flyers (Hockey) just made it to trhe semi-finals in their bid for the Stanley Cup (that's no curse). The Philadelphia Phillies are a very reputable team at the top of the NL East (That's No curse)! Smarty Jones was a double crown winner in a Bid for the Triple crown (how can Being second place be a curse?)!

Look, I'm Not going to go through Philadelphia's complete sports program in an attempt to make some of you understand that there is no curse. Philly has a dYnamic sports agenda, both competitive and entertaining. Secondly, curse denotes some form of superstition. Our teams are based on talent, and the desire to take our cities sports to the next level.

Get a grip. The only city I'm aware of that comes remotely close to being cursed is Baghdad, in Iraq! :cool:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Philadelphians aren't cursed, nor is the city --you can't be serious!

nilemap.jpg

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Look, everyone knows that the city is anxiously awaiting its first championship; :
Its stuff like this that makes me believe you are a very new eagles fan with no care of its history...

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Save your Tears "Twenty-Five" (May I call you Twenty-Five?),

Philadelphians aren't cursed, nor is the city --you can't be serious! Look, everyone knows that the city is anxiously awaiting its first championship; that's not a secret! But so is every other city that has a professional sports franchise.

You want to look at our record (rhetorical question)? What? The Eagles have controlled the NFC Eastern Division for four straight years (that's No curse)! The Philadelphia Flyers (Hockey) just made it to trhe semi-finals in their bid for the Stanley Cup (that's no curse). The Philadelphia Phillies are a very reputable team at the top of the NL East (That's No curse)! Smarty Jones was a double crown winner in a Bid for the Triple crown (how can Being second place be a curse?)!

Look, I'm Not going to go through Philadelphia's complete sports program in an attempt to make some of you understand that there is no curse. Philly has a dYnamic sports agenda, both competitive and entertaining. Secondly, curse denotes some form of superstition. Our teams are based on talent, and the desire to take our cities sports to the next level.

Get a grip. The only city I'm aware of that comes remotely close to being cursed is Baghdad, in Iraq! :cool:

The fact you rank division championships among the top of the list for Eagle achievements pretty much says all that needs to be said about the state of sports in Philadelphia.

You don't see many Cowboy fans running around, yapping about our dominance in the 1980s that got us to three straight NFC Championship games. There's a reason for that -- because it didn't bring home a Lombardi Trophy.

Your team's recent success has been very impressive. But a few years from now, it will be completely forgotten since, at the end of the day, you'll have nothing to show for it.

JoshBYW

Reaction score

What? That doesn't even make any sense. Plenty of other cities have won. For example? Dallas. Dallas isn't anxiously awaiting it's first championship. It got it. Decades ago.

Sure I do (answer to stupid rhetorical question)! Controlled the NFC East for 4 straight years? I could get by with you saying 3. Since, y'know, four years ago the Eagles finished 2nd in the NFC East behind the NY Giants.

But it's great that you've gone to the NFC Championship game. It really is. The only problem with going there, and not winning is just that - you keep not winning. The Eagles keep losing in the NFC Championship game. That's not good. Not good at all. If you're going to hang your hat at being one of the top four NFL teams in each of three years, I mean, it's nice but it's nothing special. Because three other teams get that distinction each year. And two of them get better ones. Losing in the championship game isn't even second place. Second place is to the loser of the Superbowl. They at least got there. The Eagles are battling it out for three straight years of third or fourth place.

As for the other sports, they're all very good teams but not great. And that's fine. I don't see how the horse fits into all this, but it just fits with the epitome of Philly sports. They're good, but nothing special.

Look, I'm Not going to go through Philadelphia's complete sports program in an attempt to make some of you understand that there is no curse.

What? Let's take a look at the previous paragraph:

YOU JUST WENT THROUGH THE PHILADELPHIA SPORTS PROGRAMS!

Our teams are based on talent, and the desire to take our cities sports to the next level.

Good luck. They'll need it - the next level is where the big boys are at. The ones who have won championships. Then you go even higher - the ones who have won multiple championships over long periods of time. Teams that keep producing for their cities. Philadelphia has a long way to go before it can get there.

Reaction score
Skeptic said:
Who is #1? ... you cheesesteak-eating *******s.

SEPTIC:

I don't believe you can get away with talking like that on this website!!!!????
Nothing that I said warranted your type of ignorant response. I'm not responding to anymore of your posts! You're worse than a troll!

Reaction score
JoshBYW, Dale, Danny White, jamez25, Hostile, and Cheap Shot Artist,

You guys are all jokers; seriously! Listen, the art of "winning" is just as contagious as losing. Small victories build confidence, and will ultimately lead to larger successes. You mark my words, Philly is on the road to some major victories -- and it all begins right now!

So laugh out loud if you want to, but you'll be laughing on your couches watching another the Eagles play in yet another NFC East Championship game.

One of you guys said "You don't see many Cowboy fans running around, yapping about our dominance in the 1980s that got us to three straight NFC Championship games". But you're wrong, you're dead wrong, there are Plenty of COwboy fans living in past glory. But you know what? There's nothing wrong with it!

I've heard many of you thwart Eagle fans for being arrogant, and obnoxious, but I can't wait to see the first meeting between our two teams. You'll probably find me in the smack talk section on the border of being banned, because I'm going to talk more **** than a lillte bit! You guys never have anything good to say about the Eagles. Things will change when many other Eagle fans Hit this board during the upcoming season.

You can expect fans from rival opponent teams all Over the NFL. They'll bring trolls, and haters, and all different types of fans. I'll remind you of the so-called "curse," when the season starts. Unless you have anything different to say, I believe you guys have said enough! :mad:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
One of you guys said "You don't see many Cowboy fans running around, yapping about our dominance in the 1980s that got us to three straight NFC Championship games". But you're wrong, you're dead wrong, there are Plenty of COwboy fans living in past glory. But you know what? There's nothing wrong with it!

We may live in the past glory at times....but that glory is normally with the Superbowl years...not when we fell short.

Many of us Loved Danny White...but many of us also had our hearts broken because he would play great during the regular season and always seemed to choke in the big game.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was an article that was posted last year right after the Eagles loss their 3rd straight NFC championship game.

It was from a reporter that went around and was talking to some shocked eagles fans.

There were some really funny lines by the shocked eagles fans.

This article was posted on the old site...and the archives for that site is gone.

I have tried searching for that article on the net (yes I even went with google) and have not been able to find it.

If anyone can find it would they please post it please.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
RW,

Stop calling me new daggonit! I'm not new :rolleyes:
If you weren't knew and actually cared about your history then you would scream along with your fellow eagles fans that you won a "championship"in the 1940s

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:

:
You are dead wrong, you won't find a single cowboy fan that isn't embarassed about the 80s. We celebrate the 70s and 90s, you know, when we got to and won the big game?

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
JoshBYW, Dale, Danny White, jamez25, Hostile, and Cheap Shot Artist,

You guys are all jokers; seriously! Listen, the art of "winning" is just as contagious as losing. Small victories build confidence, and will ultimately lead to larger successes. You mark my words, Philly is on the road to some major victories -- and it all begins right now!

So laugh out loud if you want to, but you'll be laughing on your couches watching another the Eagles play in yet another NFC East Championship game.

I've heard many of you thwart Eagle fans for being arrogant, and obnoxious, but I can't wait to see the first meeting between our two teams. You'll probably find me in the smack talk section on the border of being banned, because I'm going to talk more **** than a lillte bit! You guys never have anything good to say about the Eagles. Things will change when many other Eagle fans Hit this board during the upcoming season.

You can expect fans from rival opponent teams all Over the NFL. They'll bring trolls, and haters, and all different types of fans. I'll remind you of the so-called "curse," when the season starts. Unless you have anything different to say, I believe you guys have said enough! :mad:

You entirely missed the point, which is that getting to the NFC Championship Game and losing isn't something that we would be proud about and/or consider a milestone in our team's history.

You're touting the Philadelphia franchises for their accomplishments, and how they're not cursed because they're making the playoffs and all this. The fact so many teams can consistently get far in the postseason yet always lose is precisely why Philly is on this list of tortured franchises.

It's like that old tactic when someone is real sleepy, to let them just barely start to doze off for a split second...only to wake them up each and every time they begin to do this.

That is what sports is like in Philadelphia. You are able to get close, with nearly every franchise you have...yet never actually reach the desired destination.

Win a championship this year, or any year....and your name will be pushed far up the list, instead of where you're currently at one spot out of No. 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.