The 1992 Dallas Cowboys

TwentyOne

Reaction score
If i had to pick one player it has to be QB.

Aikman -> And we go to the SB.

Not because Aikman was so great. Just because our QB is so bad.

Other 4 would be Russell Marryland, Charles Haley, Erik Williams, Stepnoski.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

I don’t know…I think Step maxed out in the 260’s. You think the complaints are bad now about Biadasz getting overpowered, wait until Step gets in there.

Great mind and technique though. And always had Aikman’s back. I think most of the rest would be fine because they were all oversized versus the avg Oline weight in those years.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
If you make it to the playoffs you want Aikman. Also I would swap all of our defensive line for the one from 92.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

lol pass me some of the drink

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Aikman, Emmitt, Erik Williams, Jimmy Johnson, and Irvin. Irvin was the fire the team needed.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
lol pass me some of the drink
As long as our OC can give Dak a one read gameplan the guy is ok and you all cheer for him.
Wait until the defense we play get better and Dak has to do something on his own because the OC isnt able to scheme the first target free.

Youve seen what happend when MM tried to use him like a real QB in the first few games.
Now we are back to dumb down Dak: Read exactly this defensive player and throw it to exactly this receiver. If its not there run.

pitt33

Reaction score
I think that the current team compares well to the 1992 team.
Respectively disagree.

The ‘92 team was GREAT across the board.

And the players took it to another level in the playoffs. They went to SF and beat the #1 seed. This Cowboys team would get curb stomped again if they meet SF on their turf.

rambo2

Reaction score
Respectively disagree.

The ‘92 team was GREAT across the board.

And the players took it to another level in the playoffs. They went to SF and beat the #1 seed. This Cowboys team would get curb stomped again if they meet SF on their turf.
Give them some time. This team is doing historic things.

rambo2

Reaction score
I agree. But aren't there players from the 1992 team you would like to have right now?
Not now, they are too old. I'm OK with Dak, Parsons, Lamb, Bland, and so on
This is a great team. I'm looking forward to having Diggs, and Overshown back next year. Just an awesome time to be a Cowboy fan.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
I would take...
1. Irvin to pair with Lamb
2.Darren Woodson...he would be the perfect hybrid LB in today's game.
3.Emmett... because how could I not?
4.Aikman...he showed up big when the game was the biggest.
5.Charles Haley,,,He changed the complexity of the defense.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was watching some 1992 footage and thought about which players from the 1992 season that I would swap out for this year's team. Limit to 5 players. Here's mine:
1. Emmitt Smith
2. Charles Haley
3. Erik Williams
4. Ken Norton
5. Daryl Johnston

I can live without Aikman given Dak's current performance. Would love to have Irvin, but it came down to Johnston and his blocking abilities fortifying the running game. Wanted Woodson as well, but he was only a rookie who didn't start in 1992.

Who would you pick?
Dak can’t hold Aikmans Jock. Are you kidding? lol

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As long as our OC can give Dak a one read gameplan the guy is ok and you all cheer for him.
Wait until the defense we play get better and Dak has to do something on his own because the OC isnt able to scheme the first target free.

Youve seen what happend when MM tried to use him like a real QB in the first few games.
Now we are back to dumb down Dak: Read exactly this defensive player and throw it to exactly this receiver. If its not there run.
Dang it must be more than drink. It’s gotta be crack. I don’t want any of that, never mind