The 3-4...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
scottsp said:
Many of us felt there would be a period of adjustment with this thing, but I did not expect the Niners and Raiders to chew us up on the ground. I shudder to think about what lies ahead.
Don't forget the aerial show coming our way due to our inability to stop the bomb.

scottsp

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Don't forget the aerial show coming our way due to our inability to stop the bomb.

You know, I was going to attempt to get some sleep tonight.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
But if we don't have linebackers that can play the scheme... why are we playing it? :D

Sarge said:
But we are DEEP with DL, so instead of playing 4 of them, we only play 3, thus allowing us to get our mediocre LB's out there.

It all makes a lot of sense if you're a mow-ron.

You guys are preaching to the choir. The team's strength is along the defensive line.

Everyone likes to blame Zimmer, but last time I checked, it wasn't his choice to go 3-4. If the head coach, who is well versed in the 3-4, forces the defensive coordinator to move to a scheme he doesn't know, shouldn't he be helping that defensive coordinator?

Some of this has to fall on Parcells. If you dictate a move to your scheme, you better be heavily involved.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Sarge said:
But we are DEEP with DL, so instead of playing 4 of them, we only play 3, thus allowing us to get our mediocre LB's out there.

:laugh2:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Parcells never played this exotic, tricky, confusing 3-4 that Belichick plays or even zone blitzed like Dick LeBeau used... I don't even remember him moving LT around much -- he pretty much came off the QB's blindside just like a Freeney would. Those Giants teams were so good not because they caused a lot of confusion with their schemes, but because they had awesome talent with LT, Carson, Leonard Marshall, even guys like Pepper Johnson and Gary Reasons who were very good.

IMO this is the real problem, the problem we've talked about all offseason. Other than Dat and Ware, we have a bunch of journeyman types at LB -- and even Ware isn't playing at more than a journeyman level right now. But you really can't expect Bradie James and Scott Shanle and Ryan Fowler to be much, because they aren't much. And that was shown today IMO with all those runs up the middle.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge said:

But, but, but Nors said.............. :bang2: