The 49ers Loss in the Playoffs

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think Jerry mentioned something about it after the Ridgeway pick.

Hence my comment above.

I didn't hear the context though.

There's a tweet out there about the kid talking about Farinok and Biadasz and that isn't at all what he meant if you heard the comment

:thumbup:

fivetwos

Reaction score
We had loads of talent last year, it was just in some of the wrong places. We are younger now, similar in talent with more upside and a better roster from a team building standpoint going forward. And we have given ourselves a chance to be in great position with the salary cap going forward.
Bottom line is this....

Are we a better team on paper than one year ago? Probably not.

Will that matter as far as having a better season and/or moving forward? Probably not.

Need to be good and also lucky to win a title, or at least advance far.

They are good. The lucky can't happen until the ball starts bouncing around.

blueblood70

Reaction score
SF beat the Rams twice during the regular season and almost in the NFC title game. They beat us and GB on the road too. They were the better team.
by the slimmest of margins. yes..

i mean we gave them 14 penalties and they beat us by ONLY 6..come on..we had a shot right down to the last play so our own fans are under appreciating our talent. We made far too many mistakes and lost by 6..

clean up the mistakes and we most likely win that game..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
At least it seemed to illicit a response. Usually the playoff losses did not change things much. Seems like they took this one personal. And they should. We were unprepared but we also got physically beaten.

You can probably thank Quinn and the head coach for this Jason Garrett would say something nice on how he values our guys and loves them

DanA

Reaction score
Initially I felt we had a solid draft in terms of needs being met. But thinking on it, the fact that they used the loss to San Francisco as motivation to draft a certain type of player, made this draft even better in my eyes!!

Their goal was to get bigger, and meaner etc, I think they did that well! Please give your thoughts on this!!

It just pisses me off that it's addressed a year later than it should have been (or decade). I don't think there is a Cowboys fan out there that saw the Davlin Tomlinson deal in FA last year and didn't wish it was the Cowboys that signed him. We didn't need to see the 49ers game to know it.

Mannix

Reaction score
I actually started feeling better yesterday whilst watching our picks come in via NFL Network....then I saw Corky live in the War Room trying to act as if he had a hand in something vital to the operation....then I remembered that no Head Coaching change had taken place following the SF. game....as it should have. Then my shoulders went back to slumping.

visionary

Reaction score
I think one of the biggest problems in the 49ers game was that we had no LBs and had to play Micah there more than usual and couldn't have him free lance as much and rush the passer as much. Maybe we solved that and maybe we didn't. We still have free agent dollars to bring in a couple of players though, so I'm waiting to judge until I see the week 1 roster. Admittedly LVE played pretty well that day and next year we have my favorite Jabril Cox in the mix, but I still want a slobber knocker LB to help against the run and a dominant DT to do the same. Our other huge issue was of course the OL play and hopefully with T Smith 73 and the perhaps Ball pushing Steele (or Steele continuing to improve) and Farniok pushing Biadasz (or Biadasz improving a lot) the OL will be much improved. Personally I'd still sign Tretter and a LB or DT and then be a lot happier. The offseason isn't done yet IMO

Still mediocre at 1T and MLB

davey999

Reaction score
Nothing we've done this off season would change the 49ers game plan.
Also, health wise, we were about as healthy as a team can be at that point in a season.
Philbin, at a minimum, should have been let go.