The 4th and 1 call at about 2:50 call

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Honestly what a terrible decision by McCarthy.

New England couldn't stop the run during that drive and they had 1 timeout.

A first down would have given Dallas complete control on how to end the game.

McCarthy is an idiot.
sorry dont agree, now the 4th and 1 in the first quarter was dumb. You do not go for it on 4th and 1 on your own 35. All these gung ho fans that think you should go for every 4th and 1 any place on the field at any point of the game should review that 1st quarter possession. It gave NE 7 points and set the tone for the whole game, we were lucky to squeak out a win.

Reaction score

McCarthy is an idiot.
Point I was saying...get the 1st, milk the clock, get closer for the FG for the win!

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

McCarthy is an idiot.
Hated that decision.
Convert and you're in the driver's seat. That outcome is so massively better than any other that you have to go for it.
Fail to convert and yeah, you have to stop them.
Kick the FG and, make it or miss it, you have to stop them. Yeah, you might be 2 points up but they don't need to drive all that far to get the winning FG.

efh313

Reaction score
I didn't like the call but the Pats short-yardage defense was really good all day.
It HAD been, that drive we had been moving on it. And the second half we had been running on it better.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score

McCarthy is an idiot.
I think there are some pretty big issues there. The question is whether he can be good enough in these tight situations to help us win. In a prayer, I would see Dak and company basically wreck everyone so its not an issue but thats dreams.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

McCarthy is an idiot.
I did a thread in the middle of the week, this is a game for the coaches. Team with the ball last will win. I cringed when he went for it

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I go for that 10/10 times in that situation. Not going for it was cowardly **.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You should be more focused on calling him out for the 4th and 1 at the beginning of the game with a 0-0 score and the ball close to our endzone. *** was that?? I don't think I know more than the players and coaches, but there are times I watch the game and just know it's a bad decision. Why we are playing like we know who they are already, and have to score 45 points to win, I have no idea.

Brax

Reaction score

McCarthy is an idiot.
Ditto

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Point I was saying...get the 1st, milk the clock, get closer for the FG for the win!

Sounds simple to complain about on the internet...but think MM had more information on the sideline than most of us at home.....plus its just not a HC call....you got to be agreeance with the OC for a play call as well...its called a team sport for a reason....

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Barco lounger back seat drivers that watch the game on TV complaining about that decision to kick a field goal late in the game are one of the highlights of this board.

I agree on the 4th and 1 in the first quarter. But up until that point the defense was stuffing the Pats in the second half. Kick the field gosal and continue playing good defense and you win in regular time.

I may have to make this my signature.

Madden is more instrumental in causing fans to think they understand pro football than all the football 101 books on Amazon.

Cmac

Reaction score
I just hope he doesn't cost one in December.