The 53 is muddled

erod

Reaction score
Pup and NFI are only for guys that were on it at the beginning of training camp and never practiced in training camp. Mayowa, Collins & Dunbar were on it but have now practiced so they for example are not eligible.

Hanna is currently on PUP

McFadden and Jaylon Smith are on NFI since they did not get injured at a Cowboys practice or facility.

Thanks. I meant that 8-week IR thing. I can't keep up with all the designations.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear lots of different views on Green. Some think he is good, but gets tired. Others think he just flat out sucks. There is a huge difference between the two. If he just gets tired then there is hope. If he just flat out sucks, less so.
He definitely has talent. He is already more powerful than Free and he has good feet and good knee bend (when non fatigued). The swing OT last season was Brown and I don't think he would have been any better than Green is now.

The Cowboys media is clueless when it comes to evaluating OTs. Many fans just parrot what the media says.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. I meant that 8-week IR thing. I can't keep up with all the designations.
PUP and NFI are 8 weeks but a player can' t go on PUP or NFI if he has taken 1 snap in training camp. They have to start TC one of those lists in order to be eligible to stay on the list for the first 8 weeks.

Teams can bring back 1 player from IR. This was originally called the designated for return IR spot, but apparently now they don't have to designate which player will return.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pup and NFI are only for guys that were on it at the beginning of training camp and never practiced in training camp. Mayowa, Collins & Dunbar were on it but have now practiced so they for example are not eligible.

Hanna is currently on PUP

McFadden and Jaylon Smith are on NFI since they did not get injured at a Cowboys practice or facility.
How long does a player have to be on IR before they can use the "Return" option (i.e. The new rule that replaces Designated for Return IR)?