Video: The 6 sacks on Eli Manning was a testament that the Cowboys have arrived. Defense wins Superbowls

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That’s not entirely true. There have been defenses that were just that good. Hopefully right now we have one. I’d rather be optimistic than to be sour and bitter because I don’t like certain players on the team. That’s stupid. I hope everyone in the organization succeeds and we return to dominance.

I disagree. Even the 2000 Ravens put up 24 or more points 8 times in the regular season, breaking 34 points 4 times. They had good offense. And that was personified when they took out starter Tony Banks and replaced him with Trent Dilfer, because the offense was getting stagnant. They needed a lift if they wanted to go anywhere.

Sweetness put the points up for the 85 bears. The 2002 Bucs had a dominant run game. Even the 2013 Seahawks shredded people if you weren't careful. On the flipside, there are graveyards of phenomenal defenses no one ever heard of because their offenses couldn't put up points. Teams leading the league, setting records for points allowed, yards allowed that finished with 8 wins. "defense only" championship teams is a complete misnomer.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I disagree. Even the 2000 Ravens required Trent Dilfer to make plays in that AFCCG. Sweetness put the points up for the 85 bears. The 2002 Bucs had a dominant run game.
Dak can and has made those plays. Zeke and Smith are dominant runners as well as good pass catchers & pass protectors. I believe we really have the formula to be a defensive powerhouse with a ball controlled mistake limited offense.

cern

Reaction score
With some safeties and an improved offense, i see a solid team .
I cannot consider us an elite defense with the current safeties. Upgrades are needed at the position. But they should improve as the season progresses.

aria

Reaction score
:facepalm:
Are you even a true Cowboys fan? Go find another team.
Half your arguments in here are about stats yet your criticizing a guy for being honest? As of now, we’ve only played O lines ranked in the bottom ten of the league and won’t face one outside of the bottom ten until until Jacksonville. Seattle is 3rd or 4th worst, Carolina was ranked even worse than Seattle and Houston is second to last. Detroit and NY are both around 22-23 worst in the league.

I guess “real” fans can’t keep it “real” without homers like you criticizing them for pointing out FACTS!

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Gotta be careful here. When folks begin losing arguments and being exposed they’ll try to lure you into a prohibited conversation to silence you. I’m tellin ya. There’s snakes in the grass. Move with caution

I found something that people that underplay defence don't like:

20954030_831592997016553_6062127520271218546_n_-_Edited_(1).jpg

aria

Reaction score
I found something that people that underplay defence don't like:

20954030_831592997016553_6062127520271218546_n_-_Edited_(1).jpg
It’s not underplaying. No one said this defense sucks, some of us would just like to see how they stack up against better O lines and better teams in the league before we start claiming they’re the ‘86 Bears. Is there something wrong with that?

If our offense gets stopped by one of the best defenses in the league for 5 games in a row I’m sure homers wouldn’t bring that up, would they :rolleyes: and there would be nothing wrong with it if they did.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s not underplaying. No one said this defense sucks, some of us would just like to see how they stack up against better O lines and better teams in the league before we start claiming they’re the ‘86 Bears. Is there something wrong with that?

If our offense gets stopped by one of the best defenses in the league for 5 games in a row I’m sure homers wouldn’t bring that up, would they :rolleyes: and there would be nothing wrong with it if they did.

No, nothing wrong with that. I just think that it's critical that we get this defence strong. If your offence is struggling, then you need the defence to carry the load. So far, they look up to the task, and we need to get them to where they can dominate games and score points.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

The six sacks on Eli Manning was a testament to the fact the Cowboy’s defense has arrived. Dallas was relentless with the pressure on the NY Giants. I have been saying since training camp that the Cowboys have the best defense in the NFL. The D-line rotation looks incredible. Taco has come into his on and big Antwaun Woods is consistently clearing out blitzing lanes for the LBs. Dallas finally has a motor grader in the middle of the line.

The Lbs cover sideline to sideline and Jaylon looks like Flash on the field. The Dbs look lightning fast as well and can provide tight press man coverage that give the D-line the opportunity to cause havoc. I am ready for the next game. Defense wins championships.

This pass rush looks like a ballet of sorts that ends in a plane crash.

The Cowboys defense is stout and much improved from last year, but best in the league is a stretch.

Not taking away anything from the effort against the Giants, but the Giants OL was abysmal vs the Cowboys as evidenced by how many times a free rusher closed in on Eli.

aria

Reaction score
No, nothing wrong with that. I just think that it's critical that we get this defence strong. If your offence is struggling, then you need the defence to carry the load. So far, they look up to the task, and we need to get them to where they can dominate games and score points.
I agree 100%. I just thought it was bs for an alleged “fellow fan” to call out another fans loyalty for bringing up a very legitimate point. Myself, I’m hopeful this defense is eveything we hope it is but until they play some better competition, I’m remaining cautiously optimistic. Fortunately/unfortunately this defense won’t really be tested until week 5 IMO.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree 100%. I just thought it was bs for an alleged “fellow fan” to call out another fans loyalty for bringing up a very legitimate point. Myself, I’m hopeful this defense is eveything we hope it is but until they play some better competition, I’m remaining cautiously optimistic. Fortunately/unfortunately this defense won’t really be tested until week 5 IMO.

I agree, but I felt they had a very strong test against the Panthers, and they held their own very well. The problem was that our offence was dreadful as a whole that week. But to hold Cam to 16 points, I thought, was a good result for the test that the Panthers bring.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Half your arguments in here are about stats yet your criticizing a guy for being honest? As of now, we’ve only played O lines ranked in the bottom ten of the league and won’t face one outside of the bottom ten until until Jacksonville. Seattle is 3rd or 4th worst, Carolina was ranked even worse than Seattle and Houston is second to last. Detroit and NY are both around 22-23 worst in the league.

I guess “real” fans can’t keep it “real” without homers like you criticizing them for pointing out FACTS!
What’s factual about a clown taking shots at our quarterback in a discussion about defense? We are two games in and the defense looks good as hell so far. This is the problem when you guys stick your noses in grown men business. Read the entire thread before you question an adult. And as for my “Facts” statement. I stated that more dynasties were built on dominating defense than arm talent. Can you prove otherwise? If not, shut up and stay in a child’s place. You’re responding to some **** that you don’t know the origin of. Stop the BS

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I disagree. Even the 2000 Ravens put up 24 or more points 8 times in the regular season, breaking 34 points 4 times. They had good offense. And that was personified when they took out starter Tony Banks and replaced him with Trent Dilfer, because the offense was getting stagnant. They needed a lift if they wanted to go anywhere.

Sweetness put the points up for the 85 bears. The 2002 Bucs had a dominant run game. Even the 2013 Seahawks shredded people if you weren't careful. On the flipside, there are graveyards of phenomenal defenses no one ever heard of because their offenses couldn't put up points. Teams leading the league, setting records for points allowed, yards allowed that finished with 8 wins. "defense only" championship teams is a complete misnomer.
Those stats are very deceiving. Those dominant defense teams occasionally put up some big point totals, but even those were aided by their defense. The 2000 Ravens only had 2 games that the offense posted 400+ yards and didn't break 300yds offense in almost half their games. They never broke 300yds offense in any playoff game. Those offenses got a lot of short fields due to turnovers, forcing 3 and outs etc. Those point totals were due to forcing 60+ turnovers, which help make their offense look better than it is.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Those stats are very deceiving. Those dominant defense teams occasionally put up some big point totals, but even those were aided by their defense. The 2000 Ravens only had 2 games that the offense posted 400+ yards and didn't break 300yds offense in almost half their games. They never broke 300yds offense in any playoff game. Those offenses got a lot of short fields due to turnovers, forcing 3 and outs etc. Those point totals were due to forcing 60+ turnovers, which help make their offense look better than it is.
:hammer:Yep

aria

Reaction score
I agree, but I felt they had a very strong test against the Panthers, and they held their own very well. The problem was that our offence was dreadful as a whole that week. But to hold Cam to 16 points, I thought, was a good result for the test that the Panthers bring.
The Panthers O line is currently ranked one of the worst and Cam beat us with his legs. I don’t know what to think about that, certainly nothing overly positive.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Panthers O line is currently ranked one of the worst and Cam beat us with his legs. I don’t know what to think about that, certainly nothing overly positive.

True, but I felt that we also made sufficient adjustments toward the end. That is one area though that we need to be better at. Luckily, we have a QB that they can practice on.

aria

Reaction score
What’s factual about a clown taking shots at our quarterback in a discussion about defense? We are two games in and the defense looks good as hell so far. This is the problem when you guys stick your noses in grown men business. Read the entire thread before you question an adult. And as for my “Facts” statement. I stated that more dynasties were built on dominating defense than arm talent. Can you prove otherwise? If not, shut up and stay in a child’s place. You’re responding to some **** that you don’t know the origin of. Stop the BS
I’m well aware of the other comment but that’s not what you qouted and I qouted your criticism of another fan based on the qoute you used. This is the problem with people like you, you don’t know how to qoute properly and expect others to read your mind. If you want to have an adult conversation perhaps you should learn how to qoute like an adult.

If you had a problem with his comment about Dak you should have qouted that but you didn’t, did you? Instead you qouted what he said about the O lines we’ve played which is absolutely correct. I never questioned your “facts” statement, I simply said you like to use stats/facts so you questioning me over your dynasty comment is irrelevant. I don’t know how you expect others to keep up with 6 pages of dialogue when you can’t even keep up with your own comments child.