The Aftermath Of The Ravens Game

I think the offense last year was a lot better than this year. So far we faced two teams that should've been automatic wins and one game that started out as an Loss before the season started but we had a chance to win and make up for the season opener. You think this is a playoff team? The narrative last year was the defense kept us out of the playoffs and if we had an "average defense" we would've got on. Will the on the field leadership we've seen so far cut it in a playoff game?
Playoffs , playoffs, no, but I think we can win the division, yes, I think the offense is better this season,
 
At least coaches can be fired. Not Dak.
Dak will never change.
.
Under pressure, Dak will keep saying that coaches told him to do it.
Cowboys don't have a QB who can make adjustments, think for himself and make the right play when it really counts.
I'm thinking Schnotty took a bullet for Dak. Got a feeling he never gave the order to launch the ball like Dak ended up doing. Don't take this as me defending the HC either, I'm not.
 
So where do we go from here .

The apologists will say it's only one game it's only a few plays.

They will rebound from this they will learn they will get better and a bunch of other excuses.

But down deep we long time fans know exactly what's going to happen.

Our leaders coach and quarterback have just put on display to the whole team their lack of talent in big moments.

They're complete and utter failure with the game on the line.

Sure the players will talk the company line and say how they'll rebound and it's a long season and they'll learn from these mistakes.

But down deep in dark places with their agents whispering in their ears we just cultivated a whole roster of career protectors and business decision makers.

What we witnessed was bad football and we can't unsee it but worse yet the rest of the team can't unsee it no matter what company line they throw at the media.
Our coach hopes our quarterback can still trust him.

Our owner said what he saw was unexplainable.

Does anybody believe the team still has confidence in its leaders seems like a lot of uncertainty coming from the top brass.

And if they lost confidence can they get it back.

Does anybody believe our leaders can change and get better in big moments and rise to the occasion.

Is the season pretty much done after that display will we underachieve just collect paychecks and muddle through.

Got to give it to Jerry he threw some more talent at the roster after that disaster can we make the playoffs still mathematically of course but mentally
You dont have confidence and project it to the team without knowing what the players think k.

But with that said, I have no confidence about this defense. We are not going to win allot of games having to score 30+ points ts each time. We are not going to win. A lot of games getting zero sacks and no turnovers. We are not going to win a.lot of games giving up 190 yards rushing.

People celebrate holding Henry to 90 yards, calling the defense average.

This defense sucks and I have zero co fierce in them right now
 
The very last time I trusted Dak and this team was a playoff game against the Rams. I knew Dak was going to choke at home against SF in 2021. So seeing Dak sail the ball 10 yards over Pickens head in a crucial moment - insert your favorite excuse/reason/rationalization here - was not a surprise. I expect it.

So, "where do we go"? I'm pretty good right here...I know this team will lose a gimme game like the Bucs without Mayfield or even the Texas will suddenly get an offensive groove against us. But mainly, even if all those things go right and JPJ is what Diggs should have been, we are a team that is prone to choke led by a guy who is a Choke Artist and a coach who wears an upside-down backwards sun visor.

01k1gz2jcmnj8h98d7xz.jpg
 
I'm thinking Schnotty took a bullet for Dak. Got a feeling he never gave the order to launch the ball like Dak ended up doing. Don't take this as me defending the HC either, I'm not.
It just doesn't make sense, if you not going to take some time off the clock, kick it on 3rd down. If you taking time of the clock shotgun, and the quarterback can safely spend some time before throwing it out. Dak immediately telegraphed he was throwing it out as soon as the ball got snapped.
 
Where do we go and what do we know?

We know that this team isn’t a contender with this defense and it’s really not close to being one on that side of the ball. We knew that a month ago.

We know that this team isn’t a contender with this coaching staff. The rest of the league knew that before Marty’s kid was even hired.

Where do we go?

We continue to try and put lipstick on a pig with guys not qualified to do even that.

Let’s get it!!!
 
We were supposed to win the Giants game. This would've erased that loss. Instead, we were gutless and turned what could've been a comeback victory that could inspire us going forward, into a loss. We still have to prove that we are the 2nd best team in the NFC Least at this point. I know some people here are thinking we are #2 right behind the Eagles. You are what your record says you are.
That's what the big Tuna said!
 
No, we can’t change the ravens game
But the mental confidence that we would’ve achieved, by winning that game
The captains, on the team, in the locker room, can they motivate past this, it’s easy for fans, but how about the players, at some point they’re not going to trust the person in charge who they have to trust to make the right calls at the right time
Yeah agreed, but with a lot of new starters and new DC we knew there would be growing pains....a big w this wrrkend and then Thursday could go a long way towards the team starting to gel
 
I'm not sure 'mentally fragile' is the right way to describe the team.

My belief is that there is no push from the ownership on down to be the best, that winning doesn't matter all that much. Jerry has said in the past that just remaining 'relevant and interesting' are his goals every year. Does that scream that the franchise is really focused on competing for championships? Does that tell you Jerry will do whatever it takes to get back to a super bowl? It doesn't.

So what happens when your boss tells you it no longer matters how you perform, that as long as you make things interesting that will be enough to satisfy him? The team takes on the attitude of the man in charge. I look at this franchise and I see a group of people who don't really care if they win or lose, and it isn't anything new, this attitude has been around for a while. Remember Romo's famous quote "If this is the worst thing that will ever happen to me, then I've lived a pretty good life." after a crushing 44-6 loss to the Iggs in 2008? The 1990's super bowl teams would have been destroying their locker room after an embarrassing loss like that, but Romo was like 'oh well'.

Winning didn't matter then and it still doesn't matter in 2026. Winning at all costs hasn't existed since Jimmy left the building.
Yep!
You said it better than me!
This is what no accountability looks like.
 
I'm thinking Schnotty took a bullet for Dak. Got a feeling he never gave the order to launch the ball like Dak ended up doing. Don't take this as me defending the HC either, I'm not.
Like I have always thought, if the call was to just mail it in, then why not tell the players in the huddle that is what is going to happen? Why run a receiver route if you are not going to at least try and get him the ball?

Nope, I will always believe that there were two options, hit the receiver if he is open or mail it in. Dak never did option one, try and hit Pickens, he just got the snap, turned and mailed it in all the while Pickens was looking at him like WTH? Dak choked, again. @America's Cowboy
 
No guts Schotty is on full display. He didnt go for 4th and inches at Giants then his cowardice showed up again last week. He needs to find his balls.
That is because he is not head Coach material, he is just an assistant as he always has been. Culture, baby, that culture is showing. What real Coach would say, "I hope Dak is not mad at me". lmao
 

Forum statistics

Threads
476,052
Messages
14,659,772
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top